PDA

View Full Version : Maurie and the oversees quota

The Chair Maker
28th October 2007, 14:48
Now that Maurie is confirmed as a fully fledged brit, he shouldnt count as an overseas player on our register.

Before anyone mentions that he is a Kolpac, I am aware of that, however the RL have changed rules as to player classifications.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/super_league/6330843.stm

Saints Alive
28th October 2007, 15:00
it would seem logical that Maurie no longer qualifies as an overseas player, (kolpac or otherwise) it would be strange to say that he is british for international purposes but not for club purposes

it does however push the door wide open for an number of other players in SL under the residency qualifications

interesting thought.

THELAST3YARDS
28th October 2007, 15:01
Show how ridiculous the rules are nowadays relating to international competition.

Legolas
28th October 2007, 18:14
Show how ridiculous the rules are nowadays relating to international competition.

Being born in one country should not debar a player from representing another. I love my country, would never want to leave or represent another and detest the idea of being split into the home nations for the world cup. I hate being sold out the EU and hate the Government's devolution which has threatened the Union.

Its not about where you are born, its about how you feel. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther Ireland is historically a country of immigrants, so techically, very few should have the right to represent Britain through their ancestry.

Maurie showed exactly what it meant to be BRITISH and its nice to see for a change instead of this country being maligned.

The rules are fine. Not everyone will want to do what Maurie has done.