PDA

View Full Version : if only hey!!

danny82007
28th October 2007, 12:03
if only sam burgess was at saints eh! he was absolutely outstanding all year at bradford and has just showed everyone how experienced his head is though he is only 18. An amazing performance by the lad last nioght really glad for him and although we have props that are great this guy wouldn't be a bad buy either would he. just wish i could happen but there isnt much of a chance but o well great play bt trhe youngster deserves all the congrats he gets

Blobbynator
28th October 2007, 12:14
Along with Graham he's going to be the cornerstone of GB's front row for many years to come.

THELAST3YARDS
28th October 2007, 12:28
There have been many Props burst onto the scene with very high hopes of them and the tag "cornerstone for years to come".

Lets hope the tag isn't too heavy and he continues his progress.

Knight Shadow
28th October 2007, 13:02
well we have allways had good props in GB are pack has been are gratist strength for decakads

TMF
2nd November 2007, 14:59
I wouldn't say props have been our greatest strength for decades. We've had Fielden and Peacock (formerly back rower) of any repute. The rest were decent, but not to rival what the Aussies and Kiwis have.

If GB has had a strength in recent years, it's been ball-playing back rowers.

But yeah Burgess has been excellent this year, best of luck to him and from a GB point of view I hope he maintains it. The first seasons when you're an unknown quantity give you a bit of advantage though, we'll see if he reaches his expected standard in 4-5 years when playing professional rugby is his job rather than his dream come true.

SaintsDavid
2nd November 2007, 16:37
I wouldn't want another Morely coming to my club.

Steward Saint
5th November 2007, 18:36
I wouldn't want another Morely coming to my club.

Good point but still hopefully he'll mature and clean up his act
Still i'm happy with Graham at the moment