PDA

View Full Version : whos our new coach

alan partridge
26th October 2007, 19:20
has anyone heard who it is gonna be???:???:
is there any truth in mal meninga being interested??

saintgeorge
26th October 2007, 19:21
Martin Jol

alan partridge
26th October 2007, 19:32
lol maybe he cud help long with his kicking

Buddy
26th October 2007, 19:34
has anyone heard who it is gonna be???:???:
is there any truth in mal meninga being interested??

Help I've gone back in time to 1986!! - Is this the st.helens version of life on mars?

If Mal doesn't come back we will have one of the following 80's rumours as coach:- Jonathan davies, Alan Tait, John Kirwan, David Campese, Martin offiah's brother, or Adrian Shelford.

And if all of those don't come to fruition we will have Mike carrington

alan partridge
26th October 2007, 19:46
and how many of those where in the players dressing room giving out the match day shirts at wembley....

Buddy
26th October 2007, 20:04
Big Mal has had more chances to come back here than any other in our history - don't bet on him coming back.

And didn't you notice Tommy Voll handing out the shirts last year, it doesn't mean he's making a come back (although he would still be better than Meli)

Its a nice touch by the chairman to make the cup final jersey special to the players, not a formal interview for the coaching position

Saints-Crusaders
26th October 2007, 20:06
and how many of those where in the players dressing room giving out the match day shirts at wembley....

He presented the players with their shirts the night before....... plus he was over in this country because his son is studying in London

The Chair Maker
26th October 2007, 20:10
I think Meninga has to be favourite for the new job, though that doesnt mean i agree with the appointment.

alan partridge
26th October 2007, 20:16
whoever it is he will av big shoes 2 fill

Paul Cullen's Mantra
26th October 2007, 21:47
news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/7003934.stm

The special one is going to undergo a dramatic metamorphosis and reappear as head coach at KR after DA has gone.

PS At the moment he his currently learning the finer points of our game.

big guy
27th October 2007, 12:26
justin morgan from hull kr
thats why mccormick as gone there as assistant so that he can take over when morgan comes to us

Supersaint
27th October 2007, 14:11
The Greatest

We will have a team of show ponies that would look good but win nothing.:)

SaintJon
tbh i'm not really worried about whos going to be the new manager, i mean has eamon mcmanus ever picked us a bad one? the answer is plainly no, he'll pick the manager who he feels will be best for the club and 9/10 the bloke gets his decisions spot on

redflame
i believe its gonna be wayne bennet

bocaboca
27th October 2007, 14:20
Names rumoured to date are Justin Morgan, Terry Matterson & an outside bet of David Furner (apparently doing well as a No 2 in the NRL).

My choices, if we had the option of being able to get anyone, would be Wayne Bennett or Craig Bellamy

parrsaint
28th October 2007, 16:23
The new coach has to be someone who commands the respect of the players and has all the credentials. The chances of it being a Brit are very slim to say the least. As already mentioned Wayne Bennett, Craig Bellamy, Justin Morgan or even Tim Sheens would all be good choices. I just hit isn't Brian Smith even though he issupposed to be this fantastic coaching guru as he has won bugger all.

THELAST3YARDS
28th October 2007, 16:30
Bennett would be dream appointment.

I think Potter is more likely at this point.

Gerry Mander
28th October 2007, 16:48
an outside bet of David Furner (apparently doing well as a No 2 in the NRL).

Could lose the dressing room but win the bedroom;)

fozzymodo
28th October 2007, 16:52
Big Mal will be the next Saints coach Watch this space

Cedarman
28th October 2007, 17:26
Bennett would be dream appointment.

I think Potter is more likely at this point.

.............I would say there was virtually no chance of Bennett being our next coach due to his personal circumstances.

http://www.signsofthetimes.org.au/archives/2002/october/article7.shtm

.........and before anyone says that shouldn't stop him. Think what your decision might be if you were in his position.

THELAST3YARDS
28th October 2007, 17:34
.............I would say there was virtually no chance of Bennett being our next coach due to his personal circumstances.

http://www.signsofthetimes.org.au/archives/2002/october/article7.shtm

.........and before anyone says that shouldn't stop him. Think what your decision might be if you were in his position.

.....which is why I said a dream appointment.

Can't see him leaving Queensland never mind Australia.

Cedarman
28th October 2007, 18:59
.....which is why I said a dream appointment.

Can't see him leaving Queensland never mind Australia.

Totally agree!

one of, if not thee greatest ambassadors of the game of rugby league.

Top bloke

Scouse Don
29th October 2007, 10:25
Craig Bellamy..........what are you lot talking about he was a disgrace against Portsmouth on Saturday !!

Div
29th October 2007, 13:43
[QUOTE=SaintJon]tbh i'm not really worried about whos going to be the new manager, i mean has eamon mcmanus ever picked us a bad one? the answer is plainly no, [QUOTE]

He has only picked 1 !!!

Div
29th October 2007, 13:43
What about Jon Sharp ? Done a good job at Huddersfield and learned the ropes at KR .

Billinge Lump
29th October 2007, 14:57
What about Jon Sharp ? Done a good job at Huddersfield and learned the ropes at KR .

He whines too much for me, especially about referees.

I think he'd be a step down too far.

Div
29th October 2007, 18:04
He whines too much for me, especially about referees.

I think he'd be a step down too far.

Phil ' Judas ' Vievers ? ?!! lol

R P McMurphy
29th October 2007, 18:58
I would think in Superleague the following are in the frame:

Mick Potter
Jon Sharpe
Justin Morgan

but like any top job it's about who fancies it, and we may all be surprised by who throws their hat in the ring for it especially with regards NRL coaches.

ploughman
29th October 2007, 19:38
i think its between morgan and potter.
morgans close family ties with da could just tilt it his way