PDA

View Full Version : Scott Moore

little_frank
25th October 2007, 10:00
Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere

Scott Moore has gone to Castleford on a one year loan.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/7061289.stm

Sadfish
25th October 2007, 10:10
thats the last we'll see of him then.......

NSL
25th October 2007, 10:11
Don't think that leaves much of a future for him to be honest - if we were going to keep him on to replace KC in 2009 then he is better off staying here and learning from the best IMO.

Can't see him getting too much game time there aswell, he'll be playing off the bench if at all. Not too happy with this.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
25th October 2007, 10:18
Don't think that leaves much of a future for him to be honest - if we were going to keep him on to replace KC in 2009 then he is better off staying here and learning from the best IMO.

Can't see him getting too much game time there aswell, he'll be playing off the bench if at all. Not too happy with this.

clearly he hasnt progressed at the pace required to become a Saints regular - its a shame, but we only want the best of the best at this club and for whatever reason he hasnt done it yet.

perhaps that stint in the first team age 16 was the worst thing that could have happened to his career.

Sadfish
25th October 2007, 10:20
I think his ego was the worst thing that could have happened to him.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
25th October 2007, 10:24

no doubt being compared to Alex Murphy when he was 16 didnt help on that score.

Sadfish
25th October 2007, 10:34
good and valid point.

Billinge Lump
25th October 2007, 10:43
Maybe this is the kick up the backside he needs, the lad is obviously talented.

Maybe viewing what happened to Bannister recently, who didn't learn his lesson, will also help.

Trev The Bear
25th October 2007, 10:53
This is the best move saints could have made,he's going to have 1 year superleague game time under his belt before KC retires this will mature him as a player being thrown in the deep end at cas.
Sink or swim Scott,a shrewd move Mr . Anderson.

Sadfish
25th October 2007, 11:00
in the whole of SL i don't remember a player being loaned out and coming back so he's as good as gone...

Billinge Lump
25th October 2007, 11:08
in the whole of SL i don't remember a player being loaned out and coming back so he's as good as gone...

Aye, but then the ones loaned out have never excelled when they've gone out, and how many have gone to SL clubs? Hardman?

We've also got the situation of needing a new hooker at the end of the loan period. If he performs he'll be back, he if doesn't he won't. Wasn;t he also given a new contract about 6 months ago?

Sadfish
25th October 2007, 11:10
Aye, but then the ones loaned out have never excelled when they've gone out, and how many have gone to SL clubs? Hardman?

We've also got the situation of needing a new hooker at the end of the loan period. If he performs he'll be back, he if doesn't he won't. Wasn;t he also given a new contract about 6 months ago?

we'll haev this discussion at the end of next year ;)

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
25th October 2007, 12:36

Ian Hardman - although i doubt that his future for 2008 is secured at Saints.

I hope that he can go and get some SL experience at the wrong end of the table - hopefully it will give him the kick that he evidently needs to step up to the next level.

Sausalito
25th October 2007, 12:44

I hope that he can go and get some SL experience at the wrong end of the table - hopefully it will give him the kick that he evidently needs to step up to the next level.

Can't see him making it, like a lot more before him too slow to be a back and not big enough to be a forward.:(

Sausalito
25th October 2007, 12:48

You've hit the nail on the head. :saint:

Sean Day
25th October 2007, 12:54
I think it's a wise decision to let him go on loan. There have been signs that he can make it as Roby's back up hooker when KC goes.

I think it's a case of make or break for him at Cas. If he continues to develop there (and knuckles down) I see no reason why we wouldn't want him back. It's just that at the moment he is surplus

Billinge Lump
25th October 2007, 13:00
we'll haev this discussion at the end of next year ;)

You may well be right, I'm waiting to see if it happens or not. ;)

However, if he is deemed surplus to requirements I fail to see the point in giving him a new contract recently.

SaintJon
25th October 2007, 13:07
i'm not being funny but so far he isnt good enough for saints, his defense is awful, and his passing from dummy half is terrible, even in academy games he fails to shine, he's nearly 20 and i reckon if he doesnt become a 1st squad member by the time he's 21/22 then his saints career won't get going, you can say he's still young and give him time he'll do good and all that bollocks but the truth is he hasnt taken his chances when they've been given to him, whereas the likes of roby, graham, clough etc when they had the chance to play for saints they played so well that they forced themselves into the squad

Sadfish
25th October 2007, 13:16

Ians promptly signed for Hull KR full time mate he's no longer on loan.

Blobbynator
25th October 2007, 13:18
It's definitely a sink or swim situation with Moore. He needs to have a good season at Castleford otherwise he simply won't make it at Saints.

NSL
25th October 2007, 13:36
Ians promptly signed for Hull KR full time mate he's no longer on loan.

Since when, there's been no mention of that from what I've seen. :???:

Blobbynator
25th October 2007, 13:37
Hardman is back at Saints isn't he? Hull KR released about 10 players and he was one of them.

Bainsey
25th October 2007, 13:42
Hardman is back at Saints isn't he? Hull KR released about 10 players and he was one of them.

Thats what I thought tbh.

bobble
25th October 2007, 13:46
He could always go back to playing guitar for Elvis.

http://www.scottymoore.net/

Sadfish
25th October 2007, 13:48
I was sure I saw a report of him signing a 1 year deal for next season.

Oh well. I can't see him playing for Saints 1st team again to be honest either.

day09
25th October 2007, 14:24
made up moore has gone

Trev The Bear
25th October 2007, 14:27
made up moore has gone
Why?

Div
25th October 2007, 14:30
I would imagine that Matty Smith and possibly Eastmond in time will be ahead in the pecking order and if the rumours are true Longs replacement as well.

Trev The Bear
25th October 2007, 14:38
I would imagine that Matty Smith and possibly Eastmond in time will be ahead in the pecking order and if the rumours are true Longs replacement as well.
Moore has moved to play 9 tho.

Div
25th October 2007, 14:45
Moore has moved to play 9 tho.

....where he would always play second fiddle to Roby for the forseeable future I guess

Sadfish
25th October 2007, 14:49
....where he would always play second fiddle to Roby for the forseeable future I guess

And you certainly wouldn't put him on the bench if Roby was on the pitch.

Seriously, Moore's a goner, I can't understand Hardman coming back to be honest either, I like the guy, but I don't understand where he will fit in, he's not consistent or strong enough for full back and he's not fast enough for a winger at Saints, If I where him i'd try elsewhere for next season, Castleford maybe?

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
25th October 2007, 14:55

Seriously, Moore's a goner, I can't understand Hardman coming back to be honest either, I like the guy, but I don't understand where he will fit in, he's not consistent or strong enough for full back and he's not fast enough for a winger at Saints, If I where him i'd try elsewhere for next season, Castleford maybe?

Agree about Hardman....he wont make it at Saints now. Shame really - he always looked as solid and safe as a young Paul Wellens, who knows what he could have done had he got a regular chance at SL level

Sadfish
25th October 2007, 15:12
Agree about Hardman....he wont make it at Saints now. Shame really - he always looked as solid and safe as a young Paul Wellens, who knows what he could have done had he got a regular chance at SL level
Yeah sometimes the lack of top class game time can hinder development, even if you are getting beaten, its better to be playing at SL level than constantly playing at under 21s level in the hope you might get a game every month or so.

I think Hardman is SL level, but not Saints unfortunately for a lad who is one of the nicest you could meet.

Billinge Lump
25th October 2007, 15:30

Why?

Yeah sometimes the lack of top class game time can hinder development, even if you are getting beaten, its better to be playing at SL level than constantly playing at under 21s level in the hope you might get a game every month or so.

Hence him going to Cas for 12 months? ;)

Whilst I know that most, if any, come back. Someone in the coaching staff must have seen something in him to give him a new, full time, contract six months ago. I don't see what will have changed so dramatically in such a short time. He's had a big head for years.

Allegedly.

Sadfish
25th October 2007, 15:34
Why?

Hence him going to Cas for 12 months? ;)

I was talking about hardman..... :???:

Paul Cullen's Mantra
25th October 2007, 16:49
I think we are going of at a tangent here. Scott Moore is obviously not in the future plans of the club, he has not broken into the first team on a regular basis,and neither has he shown glimpses of what he his capable of in the future(unlike Matty Smith), when those chances have come his way.
So if we are offloading him and, as rumoured, bringing no other players in does this not suggest that we are on a cost-saving mission?......worrying situation....

The Chair Maker
25th October 2007, 20:12
This could be down to salary cap constraints, with Hardman back at the club we needed to offload someone.

Moore is a player with a lot to prove. Going to Cas will give him big game experience that he will struggle to get at Saints.

I still think he has potential and 19 is too young to write a player off.

Remember most of our loaned out players have been in the 21/22 bracket. Hence why they have been let go.

It may be that this time we will follow the Rhinos example and use another club to help his development, before bringing him back into the fold.
The key of course will be how he performs at Cas.

The good thing is that he is going to a SL club. I dont agree with players going on loan to NL clubs as they are more likely to receive poor coaching and pick up bad habits in that environment. Cas have also shown over the years that they have been good at bringing through young players.

This is in effect a win win scenario for Saints. If Scott Moore does the businss then we get him back at Saints. If he doesnt then we will know that he isnt ready/cut out for the big time.

Tallahassee
25th October 2007, 20:19
How many players for Saints have shown great promise in reserve grade and never made it in the first team,it just happens,nowt against the lad but whenever I've watched him he has never impressed me,is he going to replace Danny Brough at Cas?,he fecked off to Wakefield.:???:

Billinge Lump
25th October 2007, 21:46
I was talking about hardman..... :???:

What's the difference? 12 months first team experience is good for one but not the other?

bobble
26th October 2007, 15:55
Wasn't Longy loaned to Widnes or somewhere when he was 19 from Wigan? Or something like that.

He didn't turn out too bad.

Sadfish
26th October 2007, 15:57
What's the difference? 12 months first team experience is good for one but not the other?

I dont dissagree it could help both, but i'm not sure in Moores case it will.

parrsaint
27th October 2007, 15:06
Wasn't Longy loaned to Widnes or somewhere when he was 19 from Wigan? Or something like that.

He didn't turn out too bad.

No, Longy was actually sold to Widnes by Wigan as a part exchange deal for Lee Hansen (Fantastic for Saints and a monumental blunder by the Pies.)