PDA

View Full Version : Will Maurie Fa'asavalu do the Haka

Blackburn Saints
24th October 2007, 14:29
We all know that Maurie is a proud and religious guy but will he do the Haka. I just thought it would be really funny now he is in the GB team to do the Haka back at the New Zealanders. To see the look on their faces would be priceless

saint_me
24th October 2007, 15:02
I don't think he should and if he does he will just look stupid.

When was the last time you seen a great britain player or team do the Haka?

Yet another reason why he should not be playing for GB.

SaintsDavid
24th October 2007, 15:09
When exactly would he get chance to do the haka? we'd have to beat the Kiwi's over the 3 tests first and thats not gonna be likely.

pricey73
24th October 2007, 15:17
bloody hope not

Saint Bert
24th October 2007, 15:52
Apart from the fact that he is Samoan and they are New Zealanders. :rolleyes:

The Samoan's do Siva Tau and it is completely different from The Haka performed by Maori's

Trev The Bear
24th October 2007, 16:14

The Samoan's do Siva Tau and it is completely different from The Haka performed by Maori's

You raped google for that knowledge and i claim my five pounds.

Saint_Appleton
24th October 2007, 17:03

i was just about to say the same

so the answer is no he will not do the Haka ;)

plus i think if he did his not realy got intimidate the new zeland team doing it by himself.

SaintsDavid
24th October 2007, 17:08

Gee wizz, are you telling me you know the difference? they still slap there arms and legs...i think your lunch break is well over geography boy..lol ;)

Agent Mulder
24th October 2007, 19:52
Gee wizz, are you telling me you know the difference? they still slap there arms and legs...i think your lunch break is well over geography boy..lol ;)

As do Bavarian dancers - we'll adopt that instead.lol

Gerry Mander
24th October 2007, 22:25
Maurie will be doing a special Samoan version of "adelweise"
with Zola Bud and Greg Rusedski and the RFL disciplinary in attendence,
to the It's a Knockout theme.

International RL was low profile but has now just become a
complete laughing stock.

Doogal
24th October 2007, 22:56
Maurie will be doing a special Samoan version of "adelweise"
with Zola Bud and Greg Rusedski and the RFL disciplinary in attendence,
to the It's a Knockout theme.

International RL was low profile but has now just become a
complete laughing stock.

no such thing as bad publicity especially in rugby league.

if maurie playing for gb gets us an inch the daily papers then it is worthwhile.

Shakespeare
24th October 2007, 23:16
All news is good news.

Saint Ana
24th October 2007, 23:53
no such thing as bad publicity especially in rugby league.

if maurie playing for gb gets us an inch the daily papers then it is worthwhile.

British press publicity for RL is usually crap and sees our game as a joke - especially the more sensational papers like the fun and daily frail. Keep banging away and the drum will seem to play your tune:o !

alf wayliner
25th October 2007, 00:05
I can't believe all this fuss, surely it's an old English tradition that he is carrying on, I mean to say when my daughter saw him do it at Twickers she turned round and said "look Maurie's Dancing" and you can't get much more English than that!

Saint Ana
25th October 2007, 00:13
I can't believe all this fuss, "look Maurie's Dancing" and you can't get much more English than that!

Yep - you are right - most of us preferred "Strictly Come Dancing" :D than watching "Here's Jonny" on Sat night:D

Saint Bert
25th October 2007, 09:30
"look Maurie's Dancing"

lol PMSL

Saint Bert
25th October 2007, 09:30
You raped google for that knowledge and i claim my five pounds.

No! Just a sado! :o

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
25th October 2007, 10:31
British press publicity for RL is usually crap and sees our game as a joke - especially the more sensational papers like the fun and daily frail. Keep banging away and the drum will seem to play your tune:o !

if you mean the Sun - you obviously havent seen this website: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/ - clearly showing that they take RL seriously.

I cant see any reference to selecting Maurie as making the game a laughing stock, and i havent in any other of the other papers

Saint Bert
25th October 2007, 10:37
Don't mention The Sun newspaper for fecks sake!

bobble
25th October 2007, 13:38
Fas will have to do something typically British in answer to the New Zealand Haka. I suggest he stands opposite the New Zealanders and generally grumbles about the weather. Then drinks several cans, gets drunk and vomits all over the place. That'll show he's a true Brit.

Blobbynator
25th October 2007, 13:40
I can't believe all this fuss, surely it's an old English tradition that he is carrying on, I mean to say when my daughter saw him do it at Twickers she turned round and said "look Maurie's Dancing" and you can't get much more English than that!

lol Badum tschh!

Saint Ana
26th October 2007, 00:38
if you mean the Sun - you obviously havent seen this website: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/ - clearly showing that they take RL seriously

Seen the website ok. Have a look under RL Big Discussion - it talks about Hamilton and motor sport :???: Go on check it out!
take RL seriously alright!!:o Didn't know he'd signed for anyone in SL?
Keep the faith! lol

Saint Ana
26th October 2007, 00:46
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/rugby_league/article383629.ece
....thats it!

are you blind ref
26th October 2007, 20:50
From Jon Wilkin's column

I'm looking forward to seeing the Haka. The players perform it with lots of energy and I think it is a brilliant part of their heritage.

I sometimes wonder what the GB equivalent would be.

The hokey-cokey perhaps? I am pretty sure the action of 17 large men putting their left leg in and out and then shaking it all about would strike fear and confusion into the hearts of the opposition!

Sausalito
27th October 2007, 00:02
Morris Dancing;) ;)

Barbarian
27th October 2007, 03:58
Riverdance

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
27th October 2007, 11:58
Seen the website ok. Have a look under RL Big Discussion - it talks about Hamilton and motor sport :???: Go on check it out!
take RL seriously alright!!:o Didn't know he'd signed for anyone in SL?
Keep the faith! lol

so they have a large website full of RL news and interviews - but you have spotted 1 wrong link at the bottom of a page and that means they dont give a toss about RL.

Saint Jasper
29th October 2007, 19:47
Morris Dancing;) ;)

The thought of the GB team doing that is enough to frighten anyone....!;)

Agent Mulder
29th October 2007, 21:28
Riverdance

I'd love to see that one. lol

The Kiwi's would be cross eyed by the time the dance was finished.

'Talking' of Maurie, in todays RL papers he said he was so emotional when the National Anthem was played he couldn't sing it. He said if he was picked again for the next test he would sing it.

Woodspeckie
29th October 2007, 21:37
He is going to learn the words then teach the rest of the team how to sing it.