PDA

View Full Version : Morley ruling

Knight Shadow
24th October 2007, 06:50
off scott free but i dont think that new zeland are to happey abought it

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12196_2820306,00.html

well at least he can play, i have not seen the offending incdent so dont know what to say wheather was good or bad in the terms of justis! but could be good for the team as he is a good prop

Saint Bert
24th October 2007, 08:58
off scott free but i dont think that new zeland are to happey abought it

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12196_2820306,00.html

well at least he can play, i have not seen the offending incdent so dont know what to say wheather was good or bad in the terms of justis! but could be good for the team as he is a good prop

The RFL have been a joke in this area for as long as I can remember.:rolleyes:

daves
24th October 2007, 09:25
Headline says it all.Disgraceful decision,yet again.

mr chips
24th October 2007, 09:55
what a joke,but what do you expect from the rfl.

SaintsDavid
24th October 2007, 10:09
Maybe a bad discision but the Kiwi's will be doing the same to us come Saturday.

Morley doesn't have the greatest record but to be honest when we come up against the likes of the Kiwi's and Aussies we take alot of big hits from them and we never seem to give it back and Morley is probably the only one who does give it back oh and Tewton on occasions...yes ok sometimes they ain't legal hits but we are only giving what we get given from them and we do need some of our players to face them head on in this game rather than sit back and take it from them.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
24th October 2007, 10:26
it probably deserved a ban - but its about time GB took advantage of what we can and stopped being so "sporting" to the Aussies and Kiwis

there are numerous incidents where Aus and NZ players get the benefit of disciplinary decisions in their own country...

how did Willie Mason get away with a one game ban for assaulting Fielden etc...

would any Aus / NZ ref send thier own player off after 12 seconds of a test match?

Knight Shadow
24th October 2007, 10:44
ok seamin as i am in the dark on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad was the tackle, 1 being a mistake and 10 being an mozzer spechal were he holds the record for the fastist sending off?

Buddy
24th October 2007, 11:19
"It's clear the RFL has little interest in player health and welfare if it allows such tackles to go unpunished."

Tell us something we don't know.

Dux
24th October 2007, 11:32
ok seamin as i am in the dark on a scale of 1 to 10 how bad was the tackle, 1 being a mistake and 10 being an mozzer spechal were he holds the record for the fastist sending off?

It was pretty bad. You could argue that he was wrong footed and didn't make contact where he had planned to, but the end result was a full on forearm in the face, applied with some force (Guttenbeil was fully upright as well).

I'm not convinced that it was a malicious shot, but it is frankly ludicrous that it was not at least taken to a hearing.

OoOGazOoO
24th October 2007, 12:20
Anyone got a clip? ? ?

Trev The Bear
24th October 2007, 12:25
Anyone got a clip? ? ?
Is your hair in your eyes?;)

pricey73
24th October 2007, 12:31
i'd say he was late but he new what he was doing right in front of us when it happened and most of were i was sat thought he was lookin at a ban

OoOGazOoO
24th October 2007, 12:33
Is your hair in your eyes?;)

Oh dear.

;) :p :p

DD
24th October 2007, 13:08
Ban = number of games to big game - 1 (unless number of matches to big games = 4 or above, in which case the maximum of three applies)

I don't know why they don't just save themselves the bother of having hearings and employ the above equation when ever necessary

Agent Mulder
24th October 2007, 15:07
I thought Tickles was worse than Morleys. Did he get any ban as his offence was also put on report.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
24th October 2007, 15:28
I thought Tickles was worse than Morleys. Did he get any ban as his offence was also put on report.

no case to answer.

Syd
24th October 2007, 16:30
Stopped being bothered now, just infuriates me when I now hear a player GET banned, as I do not understand why?

They are a disgrace to the game and should ban themselves from being on the pannel. As for the Morley incident, it was a straight red, let alone an on report, so to hear its now a "nothing what so ever" is just bonkers. ••• it who cares eh, go rip their heads off moz its green to go son.

Mr Turncoat
24th October 2007, 16:39
Makes me wonder what conspiracy theory the RFL had against Brent Webb now.

OoOGazOoO
24th October 2007, 16:47
They just dont like him because he's a gobby t*at.

Mr Turncoat
24th October 2007, 16:55
They just dont like him because he's a gobby t*at.
Brent Webb is Superman. End of argument ;)

Dux
24th October 2007, 16:57
Makes me wonder what conspiracy theory the RFL had against Brent Webb now.

I'm sure if Morley had done that tackle 3 times in 5 minutes they'd have done something. ;)

Knight Shadow
24th October 2007, 18:26
I'm sure if Morley had done that tackle 3 times in 5 minutes they'd have done something. ;)

pined a medal on his chest?

NSL
25th October 2007, 10:15
Terrible decision, the disciplinary committee is a complete joke.

Paul Cullen's Mantra
25th October 2007, 16:37
With all the money the RL has at it's disposal you would have thought an intensive course on tackle technique would be a good investment?

parrsaint
27th October 2007, 15:13
The tackle deserved a ban but like other posters I have to agree we have been too sporting in the recent past towards Australia and New Zealand.
The one match ban for Willie Mason last year by the Aussie disciplinary committee summed that up. The guy should have been sent off, and banned from the series for fighting. The tackle on Long in the same match was one of the worst I have ever seen in watching RL for over 25 years and again nothing happened.