PDA

View Full Version : Haka for the Queen

SaintJon
23rd October 2007, 23:36
not a bad clip actually, the queen actually knew that some players play in england, whether she was told that i don't know but still its good that she recognises the game

la2ew0p9AfE

AnonymousSaint
24th October 2007, 02:12
Toopi looked pretty happy when he shook her hand, she looked very impressed after the haka, with the couple of claps for them

Sadfish
24th October 2007, 09:21
the queens been to a fair few cup finals over the years, I think the royal family a missing a trick not getting back involved in our sport, I think them getting so into England Union so much just makes their position in the country less tenable.

Good on the Kiwis for getting this kind of thing going though.

SaintsDavid
24th October 2007, 10:10
yeah was on the bbc website last week, quite impressive.

Buddy
24th October 2007, 11:26
Am I the only one suffering from Haka overkill?
It seems to be that if you put 3 new zealanders (or samoan or any other islanders for that matter) in a room together, they will automatic launch into slapping their legs and pulling their tongues out!

And as for the queen saying "some of you play in this country don't you" thats hardly coming from a position of knowlege - If you had been in a coma for 50 years you could assume that

Kwayle
24th October 2007, 14:59
is it just me that finds people in shirts and ties doing the haka to be kinda disturbing lol

Its like your about to be mobbed by a group of angry lawyers

Syd
24th October 2007, 16:51
Great publicity for our sport, and the NZ boys looked genuinley happy to be in the palace. That sure is some memory to tell teh kids and the grand kids, beside the fact you were an accomplished RL player ( besides toopi ).
I hope the palace dont mind the video being on youtube lol

rochdalepontypoolsaint
24th October 2007, 22:18
is it just me that finds people in shirts and ties doing the haka to be kinda disturbing lol

Its like your about to be mobbed by a group of angry lawyers

I fully agree. What a bizzare situation. If she's that desperate to see the Haka, put sky on on the weekend!

Which fool would think she would like to see that? Especially in that context. Surely she's seen enough of those types of demonstrations whilst on her travels over the years.

:???:

Saint Ana
25th October 2007, 00:02
Am I the only one suffering from Haka overkill?
It seems to be that if you put 3 new zealanders (or samoan or any other islanders for that matter) in a room together, they will automatic launch into slapping their legs and pulling their tongues out!

And as for the queen saying "some of you play in this country don't you" thats hardly coming from a position of knowlege - If you had been in a coma for 50 years you could assume that
Agree - could be 3 Scotsmen raising their kilts and showing their arses and cursing their neighbours - do we really care about their way of greeting us?