PDA

View Full Version : NFL London Next week

Blackburn Saints
23rd October 2007, 03:40
Just got 2 tickets for the NFL game at wembley next weekend ,is anyone else planning on going down for this game?

Does anyone know anywhere around soho or Picadilly that might have the Great Britain match on?

Mike the Saints fan
23rd October 2007, 13:03
Just got 2 tickets for the NFL game at wembley next weekend ,is anyone else planning on going down for this game?

Does anyone know anywhere around soho or Picadilly that might have the Great Britain match on?

The Sports Cafe on Haymarket (nearest tube Piccadily Circus or Charing Cross) has lots of screens showing different sports so you should find the GB game on in there. I watched Paul Cooke's Hull KR debut in there in April

Saint Bert
23rd October 2007, 13:25

No offence but I would rather watch a poor game of RU :eek:

Trev The Bear
23rd October 2007, 13:36
NFL is quality.
Take it for what it is not what we watch and its a good game.

Me and ticker watch the Dolphins,had i thought about it earlier i'd have arranged to go and watch it with him.

Saint Bert
23rd October 2007, 14:34
Not for me captain, to much stop start.

You only watch it because of the cheerleaders ;-)

Blackburn Saints
23rd October 2007, 14:56
Thanks for the advise Mike the Saints fan, Ive just checked the Sports Cafe website and they are showing the GB Game.

NFL is a great game once you have watched a couple of games and got used to it, and it fits in perfect with the end of the Rugby season and runs to January just in time for the Rugby Pre-season.

Saint Bert
23rd October 2007, 15:06
NFL is a great game once you have watched a couple of games and got used to it, and it fits in perfect with the end of the Rugby season and runs to January just in time for the Rugby Pre-season.

Watched many a game, you know when the it's either that or those stupid phone in game shows late at night.

Understand it all, just can't get really into it. Will watch if I see New England are on but IMO the whole thing is just a vehicle for advertising and TV.

Speed up the time you are allowed between downs, get rid of the Plastic/Fibre glass pads and helmets and replace with scrum caps and foam padding and you may be able to tempt me.

PariaH
24th October 2007, 10:48
looking forward to watching the game on tv personally. Should be a good spectacle for those who enjoy NFL.

Trev The Bear
24th October 2007, 11:20
You only watch it because of the cheerleaders ;-)

That is an outrageous accusation!!

Saint Bert
24th October 2007, 12:23
Yeeaahhh right!

http://www.miamidolphinsnews.org/images/miami_dolphins_cheerleaders.jpg

Trev The Bear
24th October 2007, 13:55
Too many women ...not enough eyes