Bad luck Chaps.

:)

doghead
21st October 2007, 01:19
rugby it was not.

DeKay
21st October 2007, 02:35
What a game, phew, had me on the edge of my chair for 80mins:saint:
You must have a very narrow chair! I neither expected, thought, nor hoped that one trick wilkinson would win!
How commentators can call a game "classic rugby" when the only try was wrongly disallowed is beyond me!
Bring on the NZ test, even if we lose we'll atleast see one try!!

southernsaint7
21st October 2007, 09:49
the try wasn't wrongly disallowed, very good decision. game was so poor it was unbelievable, at one point they showed a kicking stat, 35-38 and there was still about half an hour to go. More like football than rugby

derek acorah
21st October 2007, 10:00
Ive just had to finish playing union after 20 years and i can honestly say that when i was out injured i only watched my team to support them as its dreadfull to watch at any level.One try in 3 games? 60% kicking rate from Jonny? Bag o sh*te,it doesnt usually matter how good your backs are(and englands are crap)but how your pack performs.SA's pack put Englands to the cleaners,1 to 8.All the media went on about how great Sheridan is but he wouldnt make their bench,big Os du Randt showed him how a great prop does his job.As for the next world cup,Tait will probably be the only one still playing so they'd better find some players from somewhere...........

St Michael
21st October 2007, 10:04
I must have a very narrow mind! I neither expected, thought, nor hoped that one trick wilkinson would win!
How commentators can call a game "classic rugby" when the only try was wrongly disallowed is beyond me!
Bring on the NZ test, even if we lose we'll atleast see one try!!

Of course we'd rather watch RL. It's what we do.

However, there's nothing wrong with enjoying RU as well and hoping for success for your country.

Re: lack of tries. Desperate defending all night and it really does make a difference having 2 extra blokes per side. As for the disallowed try, his foot touched the line before he grounded the ball so it was the correct decision.

JasonofSuburbia
21st October 2007, 18:34
i was in a win win situation with the eng vs sa game

ploughman
21st October 2007, 18:46
after 20 mins england made their first attack in the south african 1/4 of the field.what did they do?attempt a drop goal!
i will not be making a habbit of watching rugby union after last night
fwiw,the video ref got it right