PDA

View Full Version : England RU

The Wee Waa Womble
17th October 2007, 23:44
How irritating is it that all Rugby League is being overshadowed by the flukiest team to ever play the wrong sort of Rugby? It's just not right!!:p

SaintJon
18th October 2007, 00:40
actually for once im glad, the less we here about leeds the better ;)

nipplechin
18th October 2007, 00:43
I agree it's boring, but if other teams can't play against it then who's to argue?

SaintJon
18th October 2007, 00:54
seriously though it is quite annoying, like its been said england are probably the worst world champs ever and if they win the press will have a field day saying it shows how competitive international rugby union is (and then probably having a sly dig at the state of international RL) ... no it doesnt it shows how shite international rugby union is that the most boring team and most dependable team on one man in the tournament can win the competition,the only good side in the tournament choked in the quaters against the french,

nipplechin
18th October 2007, 01:10
Mmm maybe, but IMO england will lose anyway to the springboks! they have far too much try scoring ability for us! as it's been noted in the press, we are the first team to go into the final with the lowest scoring average ever! How boring does that make the England RU team?

quirkesboots
18th October 2007, 08:37
seriously though it is quite annoying, like its been said england are probably the worst world champs ever and if they win the press will have a field day saying it shows how competitive international rugby union is (and then probably having a sly dig at the state of international RL) ... no it doesnt it shows how shite international rugby union is that the most boring team and most dependable team on one man in the tournament can win the competition,the only good side in the tournament choked in the quaters against the french,
to be fair internationaly it is more competative than rl

Bigman
18th October 2007, 09:05
to be fair internationaly it is more competative than rl

This world cup hasn't really though

Knight Shadow
18th October 2007, 10:09
ok we mone abought RU because it is boring, it is kick and clap but ok 80minunits stand up suport youre countreya and let the RU mob know we are bigger than them because we can suport them when thay thay need it and set the example! so what if thay dont cear if we win the series with new zeland and next year if we get into the final of are rugbey world cup SO WHAT but why cant we be the set of fans to congratulat them when thay do well and show that we are not snobbey!

Syd
18th October 2007, 10:57
Cant take it away from the yawnion boys, they have a great team spirit and lets hope they go and win it.. even is south africa win it its still really england isnt it.

southernsaint7
18th October 2007, 11:00
they do have great team spirit, you have to give them that. They seem to have an ability to drag opposition teams down to their poor level of play too

Syd
18th October 2007, 11:01
They seem to have an ability to drag opposition teams down to their poor level of play too
lol

southernsaint7
18th October 2007, 11:03
lol

its true, and for it I don't know if I'm impressed by them or ashamed to be english!

DD
18th October 2007, 11:10

Or maybe it shows that international Rugby Union is competitive unlike our joke of an international game.

What odds that Australia get beat before the Semi-Final in Rugby League's World Cup? A million to one?

Saint Bert
18th October 2007, 11:35
What odds that Australia get beat before the Semi-Final in Rugby League's World Cup? A million to one?

I will have a £1 on that with you sir thank you very much.

Knight Shadow
18th October 2007, 12:50

it is true as the way the set up of are world cup as all of are group are in the semi finals bar on team that faces a countrey that has faught to play some one from the super group who will then face the losser of the super group it makes it sought of even one way but a joke in other respects that we have to do this to avoid crickit scores being posted in the tornment

dufc4
18th October 2007, 13:05
Will we see any tries in the RU final?

Sausalito
18th October 2007, 13:18
You will if Habana gets the ball.;)

Shakespeare
18th October 2007, 13:22
You will if Habana gets the ball.;)

The same guy that got done on the outside by the americans?

Samba
18th October 2007, 14:15

Rubbish. Of course its been 'competitive' - how else have favourites been beaten, lesser lights competing favourably with the 'big-boys' - that IS the definition of competitive!!! Doesn't mean, however, that it's good to watch - I certainly find it extremely boring.

saintgeorge
18th October 2007, 14:22
Agreed - can only look on it with cynicism and envy. Cynical that it is so boring and that poor teams like England can get to a final - but with envy at the publicity, hype, attendances etc. Sorry to say our great game looks second rate and decidely parochial by comparison.

Sadfish
18th October 2007, 14:26
Agreed - can only look on it with cynicism and envy. Cynical that it is so boring and that poor teams like England can get to a final - but with envy at the publicity, hype, attendances etc. Sorry to say our great game looks second rate and decidely parochial by comparison.

They are a lot of things to be said for our game NOT being like the RU World cup.

Saint Bert
18th October 2007, 15:02
Sorry to say our great game looks second rate and decidely parochial by comparison.

I think what you meant to say was that our game looks smaller in comparison, much to do with the well placed RU men within high points of the media. Although the crowds that have been attending the matches cannot be doubted.

To say our game is 2nd rate is incorrect as RL is a much superior sporting spectacle despite it's TV pushed lower profile.

The biggest danger to RL in this country is if Northern Hemisphere teams started to play RU in this country like it is played in the Super 14's ( Although I do note some reports to contradict this from people in Aus ), as it is a much faster and easier on the eye game to watch than the dull pedestrain kicking orientated sh1te served up by the English national side and club rugby.

DD
18th October 2007, 15:34
To say our game is 2nd rate is incorrect as RL is a much superior sporting spectacle despite it's TV pushed lower profile.

Whilst I and probably 100% of Redvee contributors totally agree, it's not really a statement of fact, it's a statement of opinion.

I know of many people who find Union more entertaining than League. They are obviously a bit strange but it's all about perception. I know many people who find Rugby League a very dull spectacle.

There will probably be more people in the pubs of Rugby League towns watching the Rugby Union World Cup Final on TV than there would be if the Rugby League World Cup Final was on TV. Rightfully or wrongfully, the Union World Cup is seen as being secondary now to the football one in terms of importance, whilst the League one is rated just about as important, on a national scale, as the Hockey World Cup - if that!

Our international game is viewed as a farce by anyone who is not a hardened League fan. The Union game will attract non-Union fans to watch it, the League one would probably not.

In the Union. We (well, not me) have seen Argentina beat Ireland, France and Scotland, Fiji beat Wales, England beat Australia and France, and France beat New Zealand. That's a level of competitiveness we can only dream of.

In a way, the public view uncertainty of the result as more exciting than the game itself, hence the reason no-one will ever compete with association football in the world dominance stakes. Shocks can, and often do, happen.

In international Rugby League, shocks happen at just about the lowest rate in any international sport, and the World Cup winner is all but gauranteed.

Saint Bert
18th October 2007, 15:43
We have also seen half a dozen games with winning margins of over 90 points.

The favourites for the tournement not play a decent side till the 1/4 finals because veryone rested half the squad against them.

A number of matches with LESS than 4 tries per game.

Just balancing up the "competitive" quotes

R P McMurphy
18th October 2007, 15:49
After all the crap our sport and the people involved in it and the communities it's been played in have had to put up with from RFU, I wouldn't give it the time of day I hope they get hammered!

parrsaint
18th October 2007, 20:49
Nearly half the England RU team players would be retired from playing if they were playing RL in the National Leagues never mind Super League.

There a bunch of old crocks. It says it all about the standard of international RU. :D

Paul Cullen's Mantra
18th October 2007, 20:52
Anyone seen my kicking tee, old chap? After all that rucking I think I need a rest.

quirkesboots
18th October 2007, 21:03
how many rl international comps would nz and the aussies be out by the quarters

A_walsh2k7
20th October 2007, 00:11
england av no chance 2moz nyt

Knight Shadow
20th October 2007, 01:16
england av no chance 2moz nyt

tip= do not use txt talk otherwise mods get anoyed,not being evil or mean but it is because not evrey on reads txt talk

RedVee Admin
20th October 2007, 01:25
Never mind the mods.

Admins get REALLY hacked off.

There is NO EXCUSE for using text talk on these forums.

quirkesboots
20th October 2007, 08:05
anyone getting behind the union lads tonight

Greengrass
20th October 2007, 08:22
It is England I am English so I will be cheering them on they have done extremely well to turn around their performances and would not be surprised if they won.

quirkesboots
20th October 2007, 08:48
im with you can only be good for rugby in general

St Michael
20th October 2007, 09:02
anyone getting behind the union lads tonight

OF COURSE!!!

Sadfish
20th October 2007, 09:17
yes the Northern Union to win!!!!

Knight Shadow
20th October 2007, 09:53
yes the Northern Union to win!!!!

yep, be chering for that then for the union lads to win!

Sadfish
20th October 2007, 10:03
yep, be chering for that then for the union lads to win!

The northern union is the only Union i know of....

Knight Shadow
20th October 2007, 11:30

are we so argent in are hatred of union that we blind side are countrey when we do something good?

are you blind ref
20th October 2007, 11:37
Whilst I would support England because that's where I'm from I find Union totally boring and frequently nod off when it's on telly.

I hope they win but I doubt I'll be watching it.

Noah Sleeroader
21st October 2007, 02:35

Tha'r owd enough for't remember it then ar tha sorry ?

Noah Sleeroader
21st October 2007, 03:05
are we so argent in are hatred of union that we blind side are countrey when we do something good?

hey knight. these people only use one eye & that single eye cannot see any farther than kr & SAINTS. do not try to understand their warped hatred but pity them for holding such narrow minded views & opinions.

Noah Sleeroader
21st October 2007, 03:10
Anyone seen my kicking tee, old chap? After all that rucking I think I need a rest.

all ruck & no play makes jack a happy boy, or summat like that. lol lol

R P McMurphy
22nd October 2007, 11:40
hey knight. these people only use one eye & that single eye cannot see any farther than kr & SAINTS. do not try to understand their warped hatred but pity them for holding such narrow minded views & opinions.

Oh such a man of the world are we I take it you have read the 'Forbidden game' by Mike Rylance????????? probably not Rugby league people owe Union nothing, but you might have to gain some knowledge of the history of the sport first to understand that.

Noah Sleeroader
23rd October 2007, 02:44
Oh such a man of the world are we I take it you have read the 'Forbidden game' by Mike Rylance????????? probably not Rugby league people owe Union nothing, but you might have to gain some knowledge of the history of the sport first to understand that.

i repeat "narrow minded."
do not make presumptions or try to lecture me on the origins and/or history of "the greatest game" i am steeped in rl & SAINTS & have been for 50+ years, i bleed red & white whereas you once read a book by a tyro hack & metamorphosised as a ranting barmpot.

oh yea, do try to gain a basic understanding of the English language, in particular punctuation.:p :p :p :mad:

Knight Shadow
23rd October 2007, 06:59

...so switch off my brain cell simple lol

R P McMurphy
23rd October 2007, 12:57
i repeat "narrow minded."
do not make presumptions or try to lecture me on the origins and/or history of "the greatest game" i am steeped in rl & SAINTS & have been for 50+ years, i bleed red & white whereas you once read a book by a tyro hack & metamorphosised as a ranting barmpot.

oh yea, do try to gain a basic understanding of the English language, in particular punctuation.:p :p :p :mad:

Because I don't toe your party line regarding a sport that for over a century has done everything it can to do down the sport I love. So because of that my opinion's not valid who sounds like a barmpot now?........aye I'll say it to your face as well if you like, and by that I mean that I don't come on here saying things I couldn't argue in person.

Please explain why after everything that Rugby league has gone through ( which of course you will be aware of with your profound knowledge),that people in Rugby League should embrace Union? I look forward to a response on this that actually uses sound argument, rather then pigeon holing everyone who doesn't share your opinion as narrow minded.

Noah Sleeroader
25th October 2007, 22:32
Because I don't toe your party line regarding a sport that for over a century has done everything it can to do down the sport I love. So because of that my opinion's not valid who sounds like a barmpot now?........aye I'll say it to your face as well if you like, and by that I mean that I don't come on here saying things I couldn't argue in person.

Please explain why after everything that Rugby league has gone through ( which of course you will be aware of with your profound knowledge),that people in Rugby League should embrace Union? I look forward to a response on this that actually uses sound argument, rather then pigeon holing everyone who doesn't share your opinion as narrow minded.

NURSE!!! bring the restraints, he's escaped again.

R P McMurphy
26th October 2007, 15:09
NURSE!!! bring the restraints, he's escaped again.

Well done that was the kind of response I was expecting off you.