PDA

View Full Version : Gb

day09
16th October 2007, 14:07
Anyone got any views on the GB starting 13 for the 1st test ?

1. wellens
2. ?
3. yeaman
4. senior
5. raynor
6. pryce
7. burrow
8. fozard
9. roby
10. peacok
11. morley
12. ?
13. sinfield

pricey73
16th October 2007, 14:48
12 ellis

AnonymousSaint
16th October 2007, 15:00
I can see McGuire in the number 6 shirt, as much as I want Leon to play, I expect more Leeds players in the team that anyone else.

Graham on the bench defo. No GB Coach would drop Peacock his former club coach will definitly not drop him, for me Graham earned a starting place with a scoring debut.

theres only one stan wall
16th October 2007, 15:09
1. Wellens
2. Gardner
3. Yeamen
4. Senior
5. Raynor
6. Pryce
7. Burrow
8. Fozzard
9. Newton
10. Peacock
11. Morley
12. Ellis
13. OLoughlin

Roby
Graham
Carvell
Gilmour/Sinfield

theres only one stan wall
16th October 2007, 15:16
The kiwis are bringing a very inexperienced side over this year, id love him to freshen things up and look at bringing real pace into the side, and get rid of some of the old guard.

I fear he'll pick the likes of Sinfield and Morley, the latter certainly doesnt warrant selection. Dropping Fielden is hopefully a good statement of intent

1. Wellens
2. Raynor
3. Gleeson
4. Yeamen
5. Penny
6. Pryce
7. Burrow
8. Fozzard
9. Newton
10. Peacock (c)
11. Ellis
12. Gilmour
13. OLoughlin

Roby
Graham
Lynch/Burgess
McGuire

Knight Shadow
16th October 2007, 15:23
ok this MAY seam mad but for wingers i would say 2- gardner and 5- Penny, as when gardner plays he is jaw droping and i think pulling on the GB shert will give him the boost and penney because he is unknown at internashnal level and could be more of a suprise than you think as a reserve i would have Raynor. as for 6 and 7 we need a partnership that knows how to play off each other so mixing and matching dose not work so even though leon is the best 6 around long is not playing so i cant see a place for him in a working GB side

1. Wellens
2. Gardner
3. Yeamen
4. Senior
5. Penny
6. Decon
7. Burrow
8. Fozzard
9. Newton
10. Graham
11. Peacock
12. Ellis
13. OLoughlin

Roby
Wood
Morley (wind him up and watch him go!)
Sinfield

Billinge Lump
16th October 2007, 15:26
Peacock, Morley, Graham, Fozzard (if fit), Lynch and Burgess would be my props in the squad.

Sausalito
16th October 2007, 15:42
Hodgson

Raynor
Gleeson
Senior
Penny

McGuire
Burrows

Morley
Newton
Peacock
Ellis
Westwood
O'Loughlin

Roby, Wellens, Pryce and Lynch

Billinge Lump
16th October 2007, 15:44
Hodgson

Raynor
Gleeson
Senior
Penny

McGuire
Burrows

Morley
Newton
Peacock
Ellis
Westwood
O'Loughlin

Roby, Wellens, Pryce and Lynch

Are you taking the proverbial?

day09
16th October 2007, 15:56
he must be

DD
16th October 2007, 16:53

Not really. No Saints players means they'll all be fresh this year and no-one can throw the 'too small an off season' excuse about then. :D

Billinge Lump
16th October 2007, 17:03
Not really. No Saints players means they'll all be fresh this year and no-one can throw the 'too small an off season' excuse about then. :D

Yeah, but...

Westwood?!?!?!?

Reacher
16th October 2007, 17:09
To be honest, I have no interest in the national side. I am Sts fan first and thats it. I would prefer none of our lads to get selected and therefore have a longer off season to get fresh and prepare for next season. Fully expect to get shot down in flames for this one but not bothered. The Kiwis are not exactly sending a strong squad over, and the same faces will get selected in GB squad anyway. Will achieve nothing, except possibly pushing a few Sts lad to exhaustion after such a gruelling season.

Sausalito
16th October 2007, 18:02

No i'm not why?? Oh, no Saints in the team is that what you mean, none good enough in my eyes. :???:

are you blind ref
16th October 2007, 18:04
No i'm not why?? Oh, no Saints in the team is that what you mean, none good enough in my eyes. :???:

None at all, that's very harsh. Blimey - we've only lost one trophy, we've not been relegated you know.

Billinge Lump
16th October 2007, 18:42

Yeah right, none of our second rowers are as good as Westwood. lol

And the bench you've picked is so lightweight it's unbelievable. If you wish to think it's the fact that you've picked no Saints players be that as it may, but I'm glad you're not the GB coach, we'd be guaranteed a whacking with the team you've picked.

dufc4
16th October 2007, 19:39
Batley would beat that team youve picked lol

Sausalito
16th October 2007, 19:59
Just think we have papered over the cracks that have appeared this season. still you can't tell me that our second rowers are the best Gilmour has gone downhill rapidly this season and i have never rated Wilkie, lucky lad to play in the top team for the last couple of years.;)

The Wee Waa Womble
16th October 2007, 20:17
Wello
Gardner
Sykes (cos he can kick)
Senior/Gleeson (don't like either but Smith will prob pick them)
Raynor
Leon
Burrow
Fozzy
Roby
Peacock
Gilmour
Ellis
Wilkin

Jamma
Morley
Sinfield (Smith couldn't possibly leave out Man of Plastic)
And who could forget about Maurie

quirkesboots
16th October 2007, 20:31
Just think we have papered over the cracks that have appeared this season. still you can't tell me that our second rowers are the best Gilmour has gone downhill rapidly this season and i have never rated Wilkie, lucky lad to play in the top team for the last couple of years.;)
did u not rate him last season when he was outstanding in cc semi and final and made it into dream team

Sausalito
16th October 2007, 22:01
did u not rate him last season when he was outstanding in cc semi and final and made it into dream team
Sorry never rated him, like i said lucky lad.:???:

Billinge Lump
16th October 2007, 22:05

Your apparent rating of Westwood tells us all we need to know ;)

Sausalito
16th October 2007, 22:08
Batley would beat that team youve picked lol
Bloody hell! and i thought it was a good side. All top players in Superleague selected. Batley must be a hell of a team.:)

Sausalito
16th October 2007, 22:11
Your apparent rating of Westwood tells us all we need to know ;)
He's better than Wee Willy Wilkie.:saint:

dufc4
16th October 2007, 22:26
Bloody hell! and i thought it was a good side. All top players in Superleague selected. Batley must be a hell of a team.:)
Sorry for dissing your average team. Why only have two forward on the bench? Wello and pryce on the bench says it all. I hope you dont get your coaching badge anytime soon ;) lol

Sausalito
16th October 2007, 23:07
Sorry for dissing your average team. Why only have two forward on the bench? Wello and pryce on the bench says it all. I hope you dont get your coaching badge anytime soon ;) lol

Wello for second row.:rolleyes:

Saint Ryan
16th October 2007, 23:20
1. Wellens
2. Gardner
3. Yeaman
4. Senior
5. Raynor
6. Pryce but Smith will pick McGuire
7. Burrow
8. Fozzard - If fit
9. Newton
10. Peacock
11. Gilmour
12. Ellis
13. Sinfield just for his goal kicking as nobody else can.

14. Roby
15. Graham
16. Morley
17. Pryce/McGuire whoever doesn't play Stand Off

kirk1989
17th October 2007, 00:17
Fozzard wont play for GB he is aving a bicep operation in the close season. :confused:

day09
17th October 2007, 08:59
wont suprise me if ryan bailey comes in for foz then. leeds will dominate this side. jamie bin lahden jones will prob get in !

dufc4
17th October 2007, 09:58
Wello for second row.:rolleyes:
End of chat ;)

topteam
17th October 2007, 19:28
2 penny 12 gilmour

sale_mike
17th October 2007, 19:42
1. Wellens
2. Gardner
3. Gleeson
4. Yeaman
5. Raynor
6. McGuire
7. Burrow
8. Fozzard
9. Newton
10. Peacock
11. Morley
12. Ellis
13. Sinfield
14. Roby
15. Graham
16. Lynch
17. Pryce

The Wee Waa Womble
17th October 2007, 23:20
Sykes can kick. I'd rather have him than Senior or Gleeson

thestatman
18th October 2007, 15:28
1 Wellens (No-brainer)
2 Gardner (On-form is a must, Penny is a talent but too inexperienced)
3 Wild (Great form, has the pace, Gleeson and Yeaman aren't playing well)
4 Senior (Good year for Leeds)
5 Raynor (Best winger in the comp)
6 McGuire (Good
7 Burrow Partnership)
8 Peacock (Grand final performance - nuff said)
9 Newton (Hate him but does a job - Good foil for Roby)
10 Morley (Doesn't deserve it but will be in)
11 Ellis (Best 2nd row in comp)
12 Wilkin (Another good season)
13 Pryce (Must play - has the size and the talent to play 13)

14 Roby (Man of steel - must come off the bench though)
15 Lynch (Solid all year)
16 Sinfield (Consistent)
17 Burgess (Best young prop in the comp this year)

Blobbynator
18th October 2007, 15:31
I just get the feeling Pryce might get feature at Right Centre, Senior Left Centre and McGuire at Stand Off.

Cedarman
18th October 2007, 15:33
I just get the feeling Pryce might get feature at Right Centre, Senior Left Centre and McGuire at Stand Off.

.........jeez I hope not !!!! leon at 6 please.

Blobbynator
18th October 2007, 15:35
.........jeez I hope not !!!! leon at 6 please.

I totally agree, but McGuire is Smith's golden boy and he has been playing pretty well recently. Add to that our shortage of good Centre's and it may well be an option.

DD
18th October 2007, 15:37
1 Wellens (No-brainer)
6 McGuire (Good
7 Burrow Partnership)

16 Sinfield (Consistent)

No James Graham? Surely you jest!

R P McMurphy
18th October 2007, 15:42
1 Wellens (No-brainer)
6 McGuire (Good
7 Burrow Partnership)

16 Sinfield (Consistent)

Pryce is never a 13 and wilkin does not deserve to be in the team.

Blobbynator
18th October 2007, 15:54
I'd personally go with:

Wellens
Gardner
Gleeson
Senior
Raynor
Pryce
Burrow
Peacock
Newton
Morley
Ellis
Wild
Sinfield

Roby
Graham
Burgess
Wilkin

We're a bit short of quality back rowers and the backline isn't the greatest (it's frightening hoe bad we are at Centre). We've got a very strong bench though with Roby, Graham and Burgess in good form. Something that may be worth a go would be putting Maurie/Morley on the bench and start with Burgess in the back row and Lynch starting the front row. He's done it for Bradford many times this year particularly against the bigger teams and that's what NZ are.

Has anyone got a list of the squad? I can't remember who's in and who isn't. Another option would be JJB (is he in the squad?) in the back row with Ellis and Sinfield, with Wild on the bench.

Syd
18th October 2007, 16:03
I'd personally go with:

Wellens
Gardner
Gleeson
Senior
Raynor
Pryce
Burrow
Peacock
Newton
Morley
Ellis
Wild
Sinfield

Roby
Graham
Burgess
Wilkin

Northern Union: Platt (Bradford); Hodgson (Huddersfield), Martin Gleeson (Warrington), Yeaman (Hull), Raynor (Hull); McGuire (Leeds), Rooney (Wakefield); Morley (Warrington, capt), Newton (Bradford), Lynch (Bradford), Tickle (Hull), Westwood (Warrington), Wild (Huddersfield).
Replacements: Clarke (Warrington), Moore (Wakefield), Burgess (Bradford), Coley (Wigan), Sykes (Bradford).

All Golds: Perrett (Sydney Roosters); Tupou (Bradford), Vagana (South Sydney), Toopi (Leeds), Meli (St Helens); Stanley (St George Illawarra), Jones (Catalans); Wiki (NZ Warriors, capt), Leuluai (Wigan), Price (NZ Warriors), Lauitiiti (Leeds), Kidwell (South Sydney), Anderson (NZ Warriors).
Replacements: Cayless (St Helens), Lauaki (NZ Warriors), Eastwood (Brisbane), Guttenbeil (Castleford).

Cedarman
18th October 2007, 16:06
Northern Union: Platt (Bradford); Hodgson (Huddersfield), Martin Gleeson (Warrington), Yeaman (Hull), Raynor (Hull); McGuire (Leeds), Rooney (Wakefield); Morley (Warrington, capt), Newton (Bradford), Lynch (Bradford), Tickle (Hull), Westwood (Warrington), Wild (Huddersfield).
Replacements: Clarke (Warrington), Moore (Wakefield), Burgess (Bradford), Coley (Wigan), Sykes (Bradford).

All Golds: Perrett (Sydney Roosters); Tupou (Bradford), Vagana (South Sydney), Toopi (Leeds), Meli (St Helens); Stanley (St George Illawarra), Jones (Catalans); Wiki (NZ Warriors, capt), Leuluai (Wigan), Price (NZ Warriors), Lauitiiti (Leeds), Kidwell (South Sydney), Anderson (NZ Warriors).
Replacements: Cayless (St Helens), Lauaki (NZ Warriors), Eastwood (Brisbane), Guttenbeil (Castleford).

.............though these two had pulled out through injury

Syd
18th October 2007, 16:12

Hope they do mate. Happy to have a NZ and a GB team containing no redvee players. But I had not heard they had pulled out and that squad was only posted today.

Blobbynator
18th October 2007, 16:20

How many bloody injuries have we got? It seems half our side were unfit for the Grand Final.

Syd
18th October 2007, 16:29
How many bloody injuries have we got? It seems half our side were unfit for the Grand Final.

Great excuse as to why we lost then, we didnt actulay lose, we were robbed due to injuries and the game should have been posponed

dufc4
18th October 2007, 16:55
Every teams bound to have injuries at this stage of the season. Im certain leeds players were carrying knocks as well. We just didnt perform on the night.