PDA

View Full Version : pre season ?

cluzi
16th October 2007, 00:01
does any body no if were having a freindlies before the season starts? i think we should have more than 1 friendly this time unlike last season.

dufc4
16th October 2007, 00:05
does any body no if were having a freindlies before the season starts? i think we should have more than 1 friendly this time unlike last season.
Agreed playing leigh at home is certainly not giving the players the match practice which we will need for a tough season. Even a couple of teams from the superleague like wakefield and huddersfield would give the players a test for the start of the season where they will be rusty.

mrnike22
16th October 2007, 12:51
look at the season before 2006 ,we only played widnes (well the first team did) and leigh this season, Daniel Anderson has said its a long season as it is and why play silly friendleys when it isnt necessary.

Anderson said one friendley is enough just to blow the cob webs off, some teams play 4-5 friendlies starting on boxing day then play 28 league rounds, with challenge cup and possibly play offs, then complain there are too many games in a seaon.

dufc4
16th October 2007, 13:01
look at the season before 2006 ,we only played widnes (well the first team did) and leigh this season, Daniel Anderson has said its a long season as it is and why play silly friendleys when it isnt necessary.

Anderson said one friendley is enough just to blow the cob webs off, some teams play 4-5 friendlies starting on boxing day then play 28 league rounds, with challenge cup and possibly play offs, then complain there are too many games in a seaon.
I see where your coming from but playing leigh and widnes is hardly the challenge you want your players to get for a tough season ahead.

Sean Day
16th October 2007, 13:30
When you know you are likey to play more games than most clubs, it is silly to then play 4-5 frendlies. I think 2 max.

are you blind ref
16th October 2007, 14:01
I'd like the Wigan Boxing Day match back because there's nothing to watch on telly apart from repeats ;)

Div
16th October 2007, 14:37

The season has only just finished !!

pricey73
16th October 2007, 14:51
scully testimonial possible match

Saints-Crusaders
16th October 2007, 16:20
I'd like the Wigan Boxing Day match back because there's nothing to watch on telly apart from repeats ;)

Yeah, let's freeze our bits off again through winter. Why don't you go visiting family if there's nothing on tv ;)

saint finster
16th October 2007, 16:27
arent we playing catalan in Paris in January ???:???: or did i dream that post ??

are you blind ref
16th October 2007, 17:59
Yeah, let's freeze our bits off again through winter. Why don't you go visiting family if there's nothing on tv ;)

Spend all day Christmas Day with them thanks! Anyway, we all managed before Summer rugby - get yourself some thermals and a hip flask and you're sorted ;)

Saints-Crusaders
16th October 2007, 18:04
Spend all day Christmas Day with them thanks! Anyway, we all managed before Summer rugby - get yourself some thermals and a hip flask and you're sorted ;)

Do you only have a small family :???: ........ i'd be visiting my extended family on Boxing Day, as it's not possible to visit them all in one day............ plus their houses would be warmer, hopefully ;)

are you blind ref
16th October 2007, 18:06
Do you only have a small family :???: ........ i'd be visiting my extended family on Boxing Day, as it's not possible to visit them all in one day............ plus their houses would be warmer, hopefully ;)

Take them with you and buy them all thermals and scarves (saints ones of course) for Christmas :D

Saints-Crusaders
16th October 2007, 18:11
Take them with you and buy them all thermals and scarves (saints ones of course) for Christmas :D

Most of them have little or no interest in Saints (shame on them) and even less interest in freezing themselves to death at KR lol

are you blind ref
16th October 2007, 18:15
Most of them have little or no interest in Saints (shame on them) and even less interest in freezing themselves to death at KR lol

Jeez, I'd ask Father Christmas for new family then ;)

Saints-Crusaders
16th October 2007, 18:33
Jeez, I'd ask Father Christmas for new family then ;)

Wanna swap ??? you don't seem to have that big a family lol

Mike the Saints fan
16th October 2007, 18:44
arent we playing catalan in Paris in January ???:???: or did i dream that post ??

I must have had that same dream then. Don't think any other details have been announced other than the venue and even then it was only a little bit on some French newspaper site or something

Probably have that game and Scully's testimonial at home against either Leigh, Salford or Widnes if they still have that rule where Super League teams have to have at least one friendly against National League opposition.

pricey73
16th October 2007, 19:51
would scully's testimonial not be against oldham or warrington?

SaintBobby
17th October 2007, 00:28
I've heard that a friendly with Swinton Lions is a possibility.

Being discussed at the moment....don't know if it will come off.

DD
17th October 2007, 13:35

Spot on chief.

WIGANHATER
17th October 2007, 13:54
Friendlies??? Complete waste of time!