PDA

View Full Version : Eamon

SaintsDavid
15th October 2007, 14:50
After speaking with Eamon Mcmanus on Saturday night he was extremely gutted, not just at the fact we had been beaten but more importantly the abuse hailed at him after the game.

The amount of threads on here about our fans being like they are and not turning up at the homecoming etc i think it is a disgrace that some socall fans can hurl abuse at our chairman after what he has made us achieve at this club...

We really don't realise how lucky we are as a Saints supporter.

Anderson's Merry men
15th October 2007, 15:03
Eamon did not deserve the abuse. He has done extremely well during his time as saints and long may he continue in charge

Scouse Don
15th October 2007, 15:10
I am astonished that Eamonn got any abuse-he has done a fantastic job-see my earlier posts(eric as he is known to me!!).
As previously said I had the privilege of a seat in the Directors box on Saturday.After the game I witnessed the Chairman seeking out the Leeds Chairaman ( I think) to congratulate him--about two minutes after tha match ended-he looked absolutely gutted--I could'nt even speak--and Eamonn was seeking out his opposite number...................
We have a real top man at the helm.shame on you who abused him............
In the cold light of day.............theres always next season.6 trophies on the bounce---------what more do you want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's history now.looking forward to turning the tables next year.

dufc4
15th October 2007, 15:13
what more do you want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A new signing would be nice.

Anderson's Merry men
15th October 2007, 15:19
They obviously believe in the quality coming through the ranks. would much rather have home grown talent than aussies/kiwis looking for a big pay day.

Cedarman
15th October 2007, 15:27
I am astonished that Eamonn got any abuse-he has done a fantastic job-see my earlier posts(eric as he is known to me!!).
As previously said I had the privilege of a seat in the Directors box on Saturday.After the game I witnessed the Chairman seeking out the Leeds Chairaman ( I think) to congratulate him--about two minutes after tha match ended-he looked absolutely gutted--I could'nt even speak--and Eamonn was seeking out his opposite number...................
In the cold light of day.............theres always next season.6 trophies on the bounce---------what more do you want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here! here!

Dynamite Don Brennan
15th October 2007, 15:36
Absolutley disgracefull if Eamonn got any stick from Saints fans.
Perhaps a trophy less period might be what some Saints fans need to go through.
Gutted for the chairman:mad:

Knight Shadow
15th October 2007, 16:20
baffles me beond what i can comprhend that fans are disapointed with saints, i mean clubs are baying blood for silverwere and we have more than some clubs will ever have in SL(poor poor warington lol) but we shold be verey prowd of are lads that thay have put there bodeys on the line so much and Eamonn is the main reasion we have such a grate club

Supersaint
15th October 2007, 16:26

Well said.

Blobbynator
15th October 2007, 16:29
I can only agree with the rest. The chairman's done a great job and the people that have abused him have no respect whatsoever.

theres only one stan wall
15th October 2007, 16:30
how pathetic some fans are. probably the ones who attend twice a season, the challenge cup final and the grand final. Eamonn is the best signing weve ever made, lets hope he's prepared to continue his unbelievable good work.

Its been said before you have to be a good loser to be a good winner, and Leeds were the better side on the night, no matter how gutted we all are!

Sadfish
15th October 2007, 16:37
yeah I dont know anyone who would say Eamonn hasn't done a great job, even people who where friends with the old guard can't argue, with it.

downknowsleyroad
15th October 2007, 16:43
Eamonn taking abuse is out of order. He's a good bloke who's done a top job.

BlackRaven
15th October 2007, 16:48
Surprised the ones who abused him even knew who he was!

At the end of the day, I don't think that our loss could be put on the shoulders of any single person. Yes there were a few mistakes but not a particular thing that you can say cost us the game. We were outplayed by a better team on the day. A team who have beaten us more than once this season, and were well capable of beating us and we knew it before going into the match. We cannot hold officials etc responsible.

knowsleyroader
15th October 2007, 16:53
Makes me cringe to think of McManus receiving anything other than our eternal gratitude.

Always welcome in my house for a brew lad. :D

warringtonsaint
15th October 2007, 17:04
Not only the guy who saved the club, but a real gentleman as well.

If it wasn't for him, any of us who went on Saturday would have been there as neutrals..............

TEE
15th October 2007, 17:18
Lets be honest, if he has recieved abuse it wasn't from real Saints fans, as said earlier, probably the ones who only attend the finals.

DD
15th October 2007, 17:21
In the cold light of day.............theres always next season.6 trophies on the bounce---------what more do you want !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Seven! :D

This has been a disturbing season.

Not because of anything that's happened on our pitch but due to the large amount of instances that are making me become ashamed of so many people that claim to be Saints supporters.

PS This does not include people who do not go to homecomings! :)

Sadfish
15th October 2007, 17:24
Seven! :D

This has been a disturbing season.

Not because of anything that's happened on our pitch but due to the large amount of instances that are making me become ashamed of so many people that claim to be Saints supporters.

PS This does not include people who do not go to homecomings! :)

probably age related that Dave tbh. :cool::cool:

DD
15th October 2007, 17:26

At least I'm not too vain as to have to hide my age from my avatar, old scout! ;)

rob
15th October 2007, 17:27
I'm shocked he received abuse - we have under Eamonn the most stable period in the club's history (well the 25 years of it that I remember) both on and off the field. I know he as a ruthless streak in him (look at the Milward incident) but he really does have the club's interests at heart and isn't afraid to be unpopular. I wouldn''t have anyone else running the club to be honest!

Supersaint
15th October 2007, 17:28

Common sense I'd say or the lack of it.

Sadfish
15th October 2007, 17:29
At least I'm not too vain as to have to hide my age from my avatar, old scout! ;)

My gibson les paul was first released in 1952 i'll have you know. So up yer kilt. :cool::cool:

or do you mean profile?

come on get with the script.

Div
15th October 2007, 17:32
Im really not sure what kind of person would abuse the Chairman OR the players after Saturday.

Syd
15th October 2007, 17:34
Im really not sure what kind of person would abuse the Chairman OR the players after Saturday.

A drunken person?

Sadfish
15th October 2007, 17:34
the same ones who are posting things like "end of an era" and "aging squad" without really knowing whats going on.

SaintsDavid
15th October 2007, 17:35

They are called t@ssers... putting it nicely.

Saints-Crusaders
15th October 2007, 17:37
I had the pleasure of meeting Eamonn on the Prekkie walk and he was very polite and courteous. He had plenty of time for anyone who wanted his autograph or to speak to him and I think anyone who had the nerve to hurl abuse at the man should hang their heads in shame.

Billinge Lump
15th October 2007, 17:39
****ing idiots.

DD
15th October 2007, 17:40
the same ones who are posting things like "end of an era" and "aging squad" without really knowing whats going on.

Would this statement come from the same Sadfish, who was stood in the Last Drop Inn in Edinburgh in the spring of 2002 saying "we'd better get used to this, I think we have seen the last of our trophy winning days for some time"? :D

Sadfish
15th October 2007, 17:54
Would this statement come from the same Sadfish, who was stood in the Last Drop Inn in Edinburgh in the spring of 2002 saying "we'd better get used to this, I think we have seen the last of our trophy winning days for some time"? :D

and I was correct as it was 2004 before we won anything......

Blobbynator
15th October 2007, 17:56

What? A whole 18 months. lol

The Greatest
15th October 2007, 17:56

and who was the guy coming out of Bradford last year saying that we wouldnt win •••• all with our 6,7 and 13 combination that we had?

Sadfish
15th October 2007, 17:57
What? A whole 18 months. lol

yes 18 months is "some time."

Supersaint
15th October 2007, 18:04
and who was the guy coming out of Bradford last year saying that we wouldnt win •••• all with our 6,7 and 13 combination that we had?

lol drunkern quotes coming back to haunt people

are you blind ref
15th October 2007, 18:13
Sad to hear Eamon took abuse - he deserves a medal for what he has done for the club. :saint:

Maybe this will inspire the club to start rooting out the idiots who have started to frequent Knowsley Rd over the last few years and those morons who didn't know how to behave decently on Saturday

Saints-Crusaders
15th October 2007, 18:16
Sad to hear Eamon took abuse - he deserves a medal for what he has done for the club. :saint:

Maybe this will inspire the club to start rooting out the idiots who have started to frequent Knowsley Rd over the last few years and those morons who didn't know how to behave decently on Saturday

Don't be too self critical dear ;) lol

Samba
15th October 2007, 18:35

Incorrect. People who abuse Eamonn are a low form of humanity - those who suggest the squad are 'ageing' are factually correct. You don't need to be an 'insider' to know that, just to have a basic level of common sense and a CSE (or whatever they call it now) in arithmatic. We have FIVE players at least who's best days are behind them (SIX including Scully).There can be no debate regarding that, surely?
For the record, I respect Eamonn for the work and financial help he has given Saints, but I do feel we have seen the best of many of our talismen - they are unlikely to improve with yet another year under their belts next season. There.....that must make me an 'Eamonn-Abuser' then according to your sweeping assumption.

Blobbynator
15th October 2007, 18:44
yes 18 months is "some time."

I'd call Wigan's 5 year trophy drought some time. I'd call Wire's almost two decade trophy drought some time. I don't think one season without a trophy is that much time mate. Just my opinion though. :)

Sadfish
15th October 2007, 19:08
Incorrect. People who abuse Eamonn are a low form of humanity - those who suggest the squad are 'ageing' are factually correct. You don't need to be an 'insider' to know that, just to have a basic level of common sense and a CSE (or whatever they call it now) in arithmatic. We have FIVE players at least who's best days are behind them (SIX including Scully).There can be no debate regarding that, surely?

The average age of the squad that won the WCC in 2007 was 26
The average age of the squad that won the WCC in 2001 was 26
The average age of the squad that lost SL GF the in 2007 was 26

So two squads that beat Brisbane in the biggest games of their lives where the same ago as Saturday night.

and your point was what?

Dynamite Don Brennan
15th October 2007, 19:15
The average age of the squad that won the WCC in 2007 was 26
The average age of the squad that won the WCC in 2001 was 26
The average age of the squad that lost SL GF the in 2007 was 26

and your point was what?

That to compare people who abused Eamonn to those with the opinion on a message board that some of the players are getting too old was ridiculous.

Sadfish
15th October 2007, 19:18
That to compare people who abused Eamonn to those with the opinion on a message board that some of the players are getting too old was ridiculous.

But they both lack simple common sense, ie check your facts before you shout someone down.

GAZCOL
15th October 2007, 19:19
What we should all remember is that without his intervention, Saints would probably be in the same plight as Widnes.

saintgeorge
15th October 2007, 19:22
This sickens me - the success of this club over the super league era is mainly down to Mr.Mcmanus - he is without doubt the best chairman we have ever had. If we ever get into the new stadium I certainly wouldn`t object to it being called "The McManus Stadium". Some pathetic Saints fans have very short memories.

Samba
15th October 2007, 19:35
But they both lack simple common sense, ie check your facts before you shout someone down.

I don't lack common sense. You hide behind your sweeping generalisation. Also, I don't argue regards your statistics re average ages, just the FACT that 5-6 of our squad ARE past their best! And the squad is ageing......we all are!! Thankfully 'Dynamite Don Brennan' saw my point - unfortunately it seems to have by-passed you.

Sadfish
15th October 2007, 19:42
I don't lack common sense. You hide behind your sweeping generalisation. Also, I don't argue regards your statistics re average ages, just the FACT that 5-6 of our squad ARE past their best! And the squad is ageing......we all are!! Thankfully 'Dynamite Don Brennan' saw my point - unfortunately it seems to have by-passed you.
Oh well, the facts say differently than your sweeping generalisation of our "aging squad".

McClennan
15th October 2007, 19:51
I think it would be a good idea if both fansites contributed towards a letter apologising on behalf of all Saints supporters for any inappropriate behaviour that happened on Saturday.

southernsaint7
15th October 2007, 20:05
Oh well, the facts say differently than your sweeping generalisation of our "aging squad".

I don't think its a matter of an aging squad, the problem some may see is that our key players in the squad are getting on a bit. As you have already said the average age is good but the key players/core of the squad are getting on.

Mr Mac doesn't deserve any flack at all, he made a huge decision to sack milward and look how it worked out, he has worked wonders on the finances, the list goes on

Gerry Mander
15th October 2007, 20:21
A couple of issues that seem to be leaking into one another.

(i) McManus - A superb chairman and his approach has saved the
club and taken it forward. A man who has invested
heavily and has spproached his role with great dignity.

If true the abuse of him is an absolute disgrace.

(ii) Squad - Win or lose on Saturday we have an ageing squad
that lacks pace and will require a number of signings
for key positions over the next 12-18 months.

(iii) Pomposity of the clique - Sneering at other posters. Just an
occupational hazzard of posting on a
Saints board.

Tallahassee
15th October 2007, 20:26
Im still gutted about Saturday,one person I didnt blame for it all was Eamon McManus,the fans in question were probably pished out of their brains anyway and their opinions mean naff all.If it wasn't for Mr.McManus we would have gone under,we wouldnt have won bugger all,we wouldnt have a great coach and we wouldn't have seen Jamie Lyon.I think he is intelligent enough to suss what the real fans think about him,not what some drunken fools belch on him.

Tallahassee
15th October 2007, 20:29
Gerry Mander you are a top man.

Bainsey
15th October 2007, 20:45

(i) McManus - A superb chairman who approach has saved the club
and taken it forward. A man who has invested heavily
and has spproached his role with great dignity.

If true the abuse of him is an absolute disgrace.

occupational habit of posting on a
Saints board.

Spot on that man. Well Said.

tommy blue
15th October 2007, 20:50
As has been posted earlier anyone giving abuse to the Chairman should look a few miles down the road to Widnes, that could easily been us. On the subject of drunken fans a friend of mine was with Eddie Hemmings after the game Saturday and he said Sky would have to look at the kick-off time to prevent drunken supporters ruining the night for genuine fans.

Samba
15th October 2007, 21:16
I don't think its a matter of an aging squad, the problem some may see is that our key players in the squad are getting on a bit. As you have already said the average age is good but the key players/core of the squad are getting on.

Mr Mac doesn't deserve any flack at all, he made a huge decision to sack milward and look how it worked out, he has worked wonders on the finances, the list goes on

Just what I've tried to say!! It's the fact that a few players give concern in that their bodies have been subjected to years of intense rugby, not the average age of the squad as a whole. Giving average ages of previous squads is irrelevant. Some (or one) on here just can't accept he may be wrong!! If fact, he seldom does seem to accept he could possibly ever be wrong!

DD
15th October 2007, 21:28

Five months actually. We won the league in the season of your prediction of doom! :D

The Grant Family
15th October 2007, 22:17
After speaking with Eamon Mcmanus on Saturday night he was extremely gutted, not just at the fact we had been beaten but more importantly the abuse hailed at him after the game.

The amount of threads on here about our fans being like they are and not turning up at the homecoming etc i think it is a disgrace that some socall fans can hurl abuse at our chairman after what he has made us achieve at this club...

We really don't realise how lucky we are as a Saints supporter.

Here here well said but it is not just him its the lads also the abusive they have took over the last few nights around town I dont know how they have kept carm

Sadfish
15th October 2007, 23:14

but we dont have an aging squad, certainly not compared to preivous wins in previous eras.

The squad is more dynamic than age related, our squad in the last main winning era's has been 26.

When you look at the Saints squad that won the Grand Final in 2002, we had 6 players aged 29 or over, on Saturday we had 4, the key positions that made a difference in WCC 2001 was the try by Newlove and Joynt who where 30 and 31 respectively, none of the "youngsters" scored that night.

What you are talking about really is 2 players, Keiron and Longy, both at 30 , but we had Roby on the pitch for long periods switching with Cunningham.

I just don't understand how it made a difference and what you are tlaking about, as we have young players coming through already in those key positions....... Age is but a small aspect. As is losing on Saturday night, to blame it one thing, or one person like Eamonn is the same problem.

sale_mike
16th October 2007, 00:18
A terrible state of affairs. Eamonn McManus is Saints through and through and for those who even consider wanting to give him stick, look at yourselves and think why? If you want to give a Chairman some stick for something you perceive to be a good reason , travel up the M6 a few miles.

Gerry Mander
16th October 2007, 00:19
but we dont have an aging squad, certainly not compared to preivous wins in previous eras.

The squad is more dynamic than age related, our squad in the last main winning era's has been 26.

When you look at the Saints squad that won the Grand Final in 2002, we had 6 players aged 29 or over, on Saturday we had 4, the key positions that made a difference in WCC 2001 was the try by Newlove and Joynt who where 30 and 31 respectively, none of the "youngsters" scored that night.

What you are talking about really is 2 players, Keiron and Longy, both at 30 , but we had Roby on the pitch for long periods switching with Cunningham.

I just don't understand how it made a difference and what you are tlaking about, as we have young players coming through already in those key positions....... Age is but a small aspect. As is losing on Saturday night, to blame it one thing, or one person like Eamonn is the same problem.

I just found the branding of people who don't share your viewpoint
with the Eammon boo boys as a little in poor taste and a bit of lazy point of view.

The squad could turnover upto 6/7 players (possibly) with contract expirations
of senior pros within the next 12 months. That is significant and worthy of discussion plus the hot topic of "pace". This is not about losing on Sat.

Sadfish
16th October 2007, 09:20
I just found the branding of people who don't share your viewpoint
with the Eammon boo boys as a little in poor taste and a bit of lazy point of view.

The squad could turnover upto 6/7 players (possibly) with contract expirations
of senior pros within the next 12 months. That is significant and worthy of discussion plus the hot topic of "pace". This is not about losing on Sat.

Yeah that was not my intention, the intention was to show how sometimes people want to blame one thing for the defeat, when in reality we got beat because of many many reasons.

I was not suggesting that the people who asy we have an aging squad are the same one's who where shouting Eamonn down.

Buddy
16th October 2007, 10:13

you're right it not an aging squad, if anything we have relied too much on our younger players such as roby and graham this year.

With regards to the abuse of the chairman (and I have to say I believe differently as to him being the saviour of our club) this says alot about the type of person our club is now attracting as supporter.

Plus coaches arriving in manchester at 11.00 am for a game kicking off at 6.00pm - what did they thing would happen? A quick visit to the mueseum?

tongey
16th October 2007, 10:39

Good point well put sir

Saint Bert
16th October 2007, 10:41
occupational hazzard of posting on a
Saints board.

Seen as this type of comment surfaces every now and again and is usually pointed towards a town centre pub and a certain coach would you care to expand and politiely tell me what the feck you are on about within this thread?

I see over 60 posts and out of those I note only 2 people posting who are regulars to the establishment and both of those have agreed with what has been said by most?

Or is it an OCD thing that means you have to have a pop at this "clique" that some people appear to have a fixation with, which I am apparently party to but have never known of :???:

Saint Bert
16th October 2007, 10:47
Plus coaches arriving in manchester at 11.00 am for a game kicking off at 6.00pm - what did they thing would happen? A quick visit to the mueseum?

One of our coaches left at 10:00 AM and spent a pleasent early morning and afternoon in 2 of the oldest pubs in Manchester, just sat outside chatting away, no mad chanting or p155ed up jollies.

Then we cruised to the match by boat were the build up to the game started, this was about 3:30 arriving near to the ground only an hour or so before KO, so let in fact that most did not even bother with going to the pub for the last hour.

You appear to be claiming that the early coaches are the reason for Mr Macs abuse, that is like saying everyone who goes to the game not wearing a replica shirt is not a real fan.

The time some coaches left is a non point in this thread, especially as anyone leaving at say 3:30 would not be allowed to have a drink in St Helens first :rolleyes:

Saint Bert
16th October 2007, 10:50
Apologies for going off on one, but I am sick and tired of early coaches and the figmant of paranoid peoples imagination "The Clique" only ever being mentioned when there is any kind of trouble or controversy.

SaintsDavid
16th October 2007, 11:01
you're right it not an aging squad, if anything we have relied too much on our younger players such as roby and graham this year.

With regards to the abuse of the chairman (and I have to say I believe differently as to him being the saviour of our club) this says alot about the type of person our club is now attracting as supporter.

What the hell has that got to do with my original post? I got down for that time and i was one person thanking him for what he had done for the club after our long discussion on the night.

retro74
16th October 2007, 11:05
Apologies for going off on one, but I am sick and tired of early coaches and the figmant of paranoid peoples imagination "The Clique" only ever being mentioned when there is any kind of trouble or controversy.

I wouldn't worry about it. I've only travelled with the George once but I was made to feel welcome and there was no element on clique-iness about the people we travelled with.

They certainly didn't seem like the type to make trouble.

The Greatest
16th October 2007, 11:42

I wouldn't worry about it. I've only travelled with the George once but I was made to feel welcome and there was no element on clique-iness about the people we travelled with.

They certainly didn't seem like the type to make trouble.

Bit of paranoia here chaps.

The clique he refers to may well be a perceived clique on this board like people who post a lot or moderators etc... I dont see any reference to any particular pub, coach or any other thing.

DD
16th October 2007, 11:46

The clique he refers to may well be a perceived clique on this board like people who post a lot or moderators etc... I dont see any reference to any particular pub, coach or any other thing.

St. Bert and me are in both 'cliques' so he's either punched us in the left ear or he's punched us on the right. It makes no odds. lol

Stockport Saint
16th October 2007, 11:48
As far as the abuse to the chairman goes, it is a disgrace. Sadly, it is far too common for people to be critisised yet never thanked as that takes some effort.

I for one will be writing to the chairman thanking him for all his continuing work for the club as this has a direct effect on my lesuire time on a weekly basis. It would be great if we could all put pen to paper.

SaintsDavid
16th October 2007, 11:58
As far as the abuse to the chairman goes, it is a disgrace. Sadly, it is far too common for people to be critisised yet never thanked as that takes some effort.

I for one will be writing to the chairman thanking him for all his continuing work for the club as this has a direct effect on my lesuire time on a weekly basis. It would be great if we could all put pen to paper.

I think that would be a great idea, no doubt nobody has ever done that.

Saint Bert
16th October 2007, 12:02
You would be surprised, however, good publicity never flies like bad!

Saint Bert
16th October 2007, 12:07

if you read posts over the last 2 years on here, everytime this word is used it is then usually followed up with lines like,

"because I don't drink in The george"

or

"because I am not Funbus"

If you were constantly being accused of things that had nothing to do with you then you to would understand. The problem is as soon as you put yourself out there you are there to be shot down, something which I have found to my cost on more than 1 occasion.

Perhaps now the season is over we can get some newer faces down to the rugby nights on a Thursday, it is not all about watching an old game and having a few beers, most enjoy the various rugby arguments, I mean debates that follow.

As it says on the sig, The George is a rugby pub all year round and everyone is welcome.

Reacher
16th October 2007, 17:28
I have to say that I have been reading this site for a while before I joined and subsequently started posting. I had heard from mates who were not members that it was very "cliquey" and that your comments would not even be posted if you were not in the "select few" so I was a little hesitant in starting to make comments!! Obviously just daft rumours.

However I can honestly say that everyone is made to feel welcome and I thoroughly enjoy debating points with other Sts fans and having banter with a few. Yes there are obviously people on here who are mates and have known each other for years, go to the games together, call each other by first names on here, but thats life.

I have not felt totally excluded because I dont drink in a certain pub or that I go with my mates to the game who dont read this site. I dont care that people dont know who I am or what I look like etc. I know a few on here but thats it. Makes me laugh when Sts fans argue with each other. Really cant see the point.

Supersaint
16th October 2007, 17:52
I have to say that I have been reading this site for a while before I joined and subsequently started posting. I had heard from mates who were not members that it was very "cliquey" and that your comments would not even be posted if you were not in the "select few" so I was a little hesitant in starting to make comments!! Obviously just daft rumours.

However I can honestly say that everyone is made to feel welcome and I thoroughly enjoy debating points with other Sts fans and having banter with a few. Yes there are obviously people on here who are mates and have known each other for years, go to the games together, call each other by first names on here, but thats life.

I have not felt totally excluded because I dont drink in a certain pub or that I go with my mates to the game who dont read this site. I dont care that people dont know who I am or what I look like etc. I know a few on here but thats it. Makes me laugh when Sts fans argue with each other. Really cant see the point.

Thats because we dont want to get nicked lol

Reacher
16th October 2007, 17:53
I obviously know you Quinny forgot to mention that. Sorry pal!

Sadfish
16th October 2007, 18:35
I've never been in the George or been on the Fun Bus or Gerard, so i'm obviously "not inthe clique", I regard them all as my friends though, and no one person on this messagebaord has any more valid view than anyone else, we talk to try and come to a better understanding of our club.

Gerry Mander
16th October 2007, 18:55
Seen as this type of comment surfaces every now and again and is usually pointed towards a town centre pub and a certain coach would you care to expand and politiely tell me what the feck you are on about within this thread?

I see over 60 posts and out of those I note only 2 people posting who are regulars to the establishment and both of those have agreed with what has been said by most?

Or is it an OCD thing that means you have to have a pop at this "clique" that some people appear to have a fixation with, which I am apparently party to but have never known of :???:

Who rattled your cage?

Think you have got a bit of a chip on your shoulder re "cliques".

Nothing to do with any pubs or coaches as far as I am aware.

In real life are you that Dave Howarth bloke or the landlord of The Globe or both ?;) I thought that he was popular with all those trackie tops he flogged
and The Globe used to serve the best pint east of Brynn Street.

I think your great anyway.

Saint Jasper
16th October 2007, 19:18
I have been posting on here for a long while now and haven't noticed any cliques. A few mates obviously having a laugh and sometimes referring to incidents they all know about but any regular reader/poster will be familiar with most other posters and it can be highly entertaining for the rest of us. I don't live in St. Helens any more - if i did i might know a few more people - but it doesn't stop me posting or enjoying the site. It's great to see what other Saints fans think. I may not always agree but we're all entitled to our own opinion.

And as for people abusing Eamonn, well IMO they are not real fans or they would appreciate what he's done for us. Disgraceful.

Saint Ana
16th October 2007, 20:44
As it says on the sig, The George is a rugby pub all year round and everyone is welcome.

Thank you for the kind hospitality offered to us by you and your good wife. We were stuck in Northampton with the tickets in St Helens - with no one who could hold them for us! We phoned you not knowing you - your reception was first class and offered any assistance. - You behaved as all fans on here should behave. Thank you.

I know nothing of cliques but will definitely visit The George on our next visit to KR and buy you a pint. Remain a good moderate fan - unlike those plicks who ruined many people's day on Saturday.

PS. No excuse whatsoever for hurling abuse at the Chairman. As suggested I will be writing to offer apologies for the disgusting behaviour of so-called fans at various locations in the GF and for those who were totally out of order.

Cedarman
16th October 2007, 23:18
Hurling abuse at Eamon is has I have said earlier bang out of order, but do we have any comfirmed instances of this happening and details etc?

The Greatest
16th October 2007, 23:19
Hurling abuse at Eamon is has I have said earlier bang out of order, but do we have any comfirmed instances of this happening and details etc?

I can guarentee that it happened.

Saint Bert
17th October 2007, 08:57
Unfortunately it did happen captain.

SaintsDavid
17th October 2007, 10:06

Yes from his own mouth when i spoke to the chap.

Samba
17th October 2007, 11:17
Yes from his own mouth when i spoke to the chap.

Poor lad must have terrible self-esteem, verbally abusing himself like that!! I know a good shrink.lol

Gruntfuttock
17th October 2007, 12:03
A lot of the behavior from so called "Fans" on Sat was completely unacceptable , but to abuse Mr McManus is totally uncalled for and as stated , they should be ashamed of such behaviour

SaintsDavid
17th October 2007, 12:05
Poor lad must have terrible self-esteem, verbally abusing himself like that!! I know a good shrink.lol

lol its bad having it from the fans but it doesn't help doing it to himself i know.

Sadfish
17th October 2007, 19:49
I've spoken to Eamonn and he understands it was just the dissapointment of the night and a long season etc He knows the score.

And he's not going to let it affect him anyhow.

Good man.

Scouse Don
18th October 2007, 11:04
Sad fish, Glad to hear it.He is obviously a top man.(see my earlier posts)
I am sure that as we post he is working on fresh developments at the club.I think more than any of us he eats sleeps and breathes Saints!
We are so lucky to have him at the helm.

DD
18th October 2007, 11:08
I've spoken to Eamonn and he understands it was just the dissapointment of the night and a long season etc He knows the score.

And he's not going to let it affect him anyhow.

Good man.

What flavour was his arse chocolate then? ;)

The Greatest
18th October 2007, 11:12

lol lol lol lol

and

lol again

Sadfish
18th October 2007, 12:15
I thought it was something someone should chase up.

If you want to cast abuise at those who act then fine, you don't do anything anyhow... :???::???::???::???: lollol

Sadfish
18th October 2007, 12:16
lol lol lol lol

and

lol again
You can shut up n all. lollollol

Scouse Don
18th October 2007, 13:30
Dave that is a horrible post..........so not worthy of you.

Sadfish
18th October 2007, 14:09
Dave that is a horrible post..........so not worthy of you.

yeah normally humour escapes him completely :)