PDA

View Full Version : Credit to Leeds

saint hooper
14th October 2007, 09:27
I must admit credit has to go to Leeds on last nights performance, they played us at our own game and we couldn't shut them down.

However they have to play Melbourne in the WCC and i dont think they may have has much luck.

McClennan
14th October 2007, 10:56
Depends on if Melbourne treat the game seriously or not. When the Australian sides do treat the game seriously they win.

Agent Provocateur
14th October 2007, 11:01
Depends on if Melbourne treat the game seriously or not. When the Australian sides do treat the game seriously they win.

Spot on la.

If Melbourne don't take it seriously, Leeds will win by about 6 points.

If Melbourne do take it seriously, they'll win by about 30-40 points.

Anyone who believes recent results in the WCC are a true and reliable indication of the comparative playing standards between the NRL and Super League are seriously misguided feckwitts.

Saint Jasper
14th October 2007, 11:12

Brisbane took it seriously both times and still lost! With other teams i may have to agree with you.

Agent Provocateur
14th October 2007, 11:16
Brisbane took it seriously both times and still lost! With other teams i may have to agree with you.

No they didn't.

The timing and the location of the event always precludes the NRL side from taking the WCC 100% seriously, even if they wanted to.

Saint Jasper
14th October 2007, 12:18
No they didn't.

The timing and the location of the event always precludes the NRL side from taking the WCC 100% seriously, even if they wanted to.

You obviously didn't watch the same game as everyone else this year. Lockyer's face at the end said it all as did his interview on Challenge Cup Final day on 5live when he said he still couldn't bring himself to support Saints after us beating them. Wayne Bennett was pretty upset too. We did offer to play in Australia, it was their call.

However you'll get your chance next year. It sound like you're hoping Melbourne don't take it seriously from your posts so far! Surely you have more faith in Leeds than that!;)

Billinge Lump
14th October 2007, 15:03
Don't be daft, this is AP you're talking about ;)