PDA

View Full Version : Proud to be a Saint

SaintJon
14th October 2007, 00:29
Regardless of tonights result, i am very VERY proud to be a st helens supporter, in the past 3 years these players have put their body on the line week in week out, played much more games then anyone else in SL and have come away with 7 trophies (3 hubcaps),and i guarante every team in SL would love to have a record like that, we should be grateful to have a team so gifted as we have, fair play to leeds, definatly deserved their victory tonight but we should not beat ourselves up to much, it was just one game to much IMO

next year will be the year of the saints again ;)

gazwxm
14th October 2007, 00:39
Regardless of tonights result, i am very VERY proud to be a st helens supporter, in the past 3 years these players have put their body on the line week in week out, played much more games then anyone else in SL and have come away with 7 trophies (3 hubcaps),and i guarante every team in SL would love to have a record like that, we should be grateful to have a team so gifted as we have, fair play to leeds, definatly deserved their victory tonight but we should not beat ourselves up to much, it was just one game to much IMO

110% Correct.
Not sure exactly what it was that we lacked against Leeds this season but man for man we could not beat them. We have some wonderful talent coming through the ranks aswell, and this defeat hasn't sparked a barren trophy run IMO.

gateaux
14th October 2007, 00:42
Well said, no matter what happens I will always be proud to be a saints fan and will always support the team no matter what

Saint Jasper
14th October 2007, 00:56
Well said, no matter what happens I will always be proud to be a saints fan and will always support the team no matter what

Hear hear

diggsy
14th October 2007, 00:57
oh dam right

sale_mike
14th October 2007, 01:07
Well said indeed. Take defeat honourably but don't forget it is defeat and learn from it.

Greengrass
14th October 2007, 01:55

Well after what I witnessed tonight being PROUD to be a Saints supporter is way way down on my list of priorities saw some of the worst GOBSHITES I have ever seen purporting to be SAINTS supporters.

sef
14th October 2007, 02:42

Well said, i'm already looking forward to next season:)

are you blind ref
14th October 2007, 09:30
Well said.

Blobbynator
14th October 2007, 09:36
It's been a very disappointing end to a good season. Proud of the Saints as always, but hurting at the moment.

tongey
14th October 2007, 09:37
Yep well beaten by a better team, the only down point last night was the fools who can't handle there beers and can't handle Saints getting beat, and the resort to throwing ale around and then kicking off on each other.

I don’t know why these idiots have to come to the match.

gateaux
14th October 2007, 09:51
Well after what I witnessed tonight being PROUD to be a Saints supporter is way way down on my list of priorities saw some of the worst GOBSHITES I have ever seen purporting to be SAINTS supporters.
Sorry but I support the TEAM who gets out there week in week out and do us proud on the pitch, I agree that we have so prats that call themselves fans but that doesnt stop me being proud to be a Saints fan, it just makes me want to do everything possible to get rid of this element of people who make MY team look bad.

are you blind ref
14th October 2007, 09:58
Sorry but I support the TEAM who gets out there week in week out and do us proud on the pitch, I agree that we have so prats that call themselves fans but that doesnt stop me being proud to be a Saints fan, it just makes me want to do everything possible to get rid of this element of people who make MY team look bad.

My thoughts exactly !

The Greatest
14th October 2007, 10:07

Rubbish.

It was a gutless performance and nothing to be proud of. Im going back to being a Wiganer because Im not putting up with displays like that.

Naturalised_Yicker
14th October 2007, 10:15
Me and the missus said on the way home to a few other 'proper' speccies, that we had witnessed many a good day out with the lads and seen far too many a fine performance to let this 'bad day at the office' spoil what has still been a memorable season.

Thanks for a brilliant season lads...can't wait till the new term.

Armourer
14th October 2007, 10:15
Well If You Are A Wiganer They Deserve You Good Riddence!

Saint Ryan
14th October 2007, 10:25
Yes im proud to be a Saint, nothing will change just because we didn't mean doesn't mean we don't support them. We have been lucky to have won the trophies we have over the past few years, nothing should change we had to lose at some point and we did last night.

The Greatest
14th October 2007, 10:41
Well If You Are A Wiganer They Deserve You Good Riddence!

I was a few years ago but now Im a Saints supporter. I have a feeling I may have to go back to being a Wiganer if Saints keep playing like that.

Gruntfuttock
14th October 2007, 10:43
Goodbye then

Saints Alive
14th October 2007, 11:02
Me and the missus said on the way home to a few other 'proper' speccies, that we had witnessed many a good day out with the lads and seen far too many a fine performance to let this 'bad day at the office' spoil what has still been a memorable season.

Thanks for a brilliant season lads...can't wait till the new term.

with you on that!
cant win them all!!
disppointed? yes, put off? no

we were not allowed to play by the better team, leeds got their tactics right we got ours all wrong we were in it for the first 50mins then Leeds scored two quick tries and we couldnt do a thing right from there on in.

WCC, CC and LL trophies and GF finalists hardly a poor season. I will be getting my season ticket for next season next week, role on
SL X111!

gateaux
14th October 2007, 11:21
I was a few years ago but now Im a Saints supporter. I have a feeling I may have to go back to being a Wiganer if Saints keep playing like that.
of you go then as im sure a lot on here would agree we dont need fans like you

Blobbynator
14th October 2007, 11:31
He's winding you all up. Poor attempt matey. ;)

Zippyarchie
14th October 2007, 12:47
Beaten by a better team - Saints will get a full pre season - Longy will be fit cos no GB appearance and Scully MAY be like a new signing.

Full of optimism for next season - Cant wait

PS Does anyone think Leeds will defend the title _ I dont _ every team will want their scalp - just like Saints this year - A bloody tough season for the boys IMO

saintsuntilIdie
14th October 2007, 12:49
Aw we say a Saint until I die, we can win everything, but, we learn from this and come back stronger and more determined.

rob
14th October 2007, 12:54
Something to remember is that teams always raise their game for the "champions" - that is something Leeds will have to contend with next year. To be honest I can't see how they didn't finish top based on recent performances.

I'm not quite so optimistic for next season - I don't know why we resigned Scully, Gidley and Talau are not performing to the levels we need, Long is getting on and doesn't have the spark he used to and KC is in the twilight of his career now. I can see next season being "average" by Saints standards (still the envy of most other clubs though!) and 2009 seeing new partnerships being formed in the team under a new coach.

With the juniors we have in Matty Smith, Kyle Eastmond and Ste Tyrer plus not forgetting the Man of Steel Roby the future is looking bright - we just need patience!

Legolas
14th October 2007, 15:52
I cannot say how proud we all should be of the efforts of the whole squad this season. We have won one and defended two out of the four trophies on offer this season AND bloodied an awful lot of promising youngsters like Tyrer, Super Mac etc.

As stupid as it sounds, losing last night was probably good for us. We don't want all of our kids winning everything now and then beggaring off to Union, or Aus just for a new challenge. Defeats build character and team ethic.

WELL DONE SAINTS.

The Greatest
14th October 2007, 16:09

It was an abysmal attempt matey but as usual there are a plethora of people who are too stupid to spot it.

andyathers
14th October 2007, 16:50
Saints have given us some fantastic times in the last 10 years.Just think back to the wigan era when they won everything.

So im proud to be a saint always have been ( 30 years). But there was nothing to be proud of last night.

DD
14th October 2007, 16:53

But he reeled them in!

Worst attempt ever and he still scored a hat-trick. lol

are you blind ref
14th October 2007, 17:03
Leeds had done their home work, had a game plan and stuck to it. Some of our players weren't 100% or looked tired.

We've had a good season overall, the team can't be that bad or we wouldn't have finished top of the league. Losing isn't nice but we we're not a bad team because we lost one final. In fact if we had won everything again DA might have begun to think there was no way to improve the team, at least now it's obvious that there's work to be done ;)