PDA

View Full Version : 4 games 160 minutes 2 points scored

The Chair Maker
13th October 2007, 23:05
Quite simply Leeds have proved fitter than us in the second half of games.

That statistic is shocking, and sums up precisely why we lost.

If you cant score a try in 4 second halves against an opponent then you have a lot to worry about

pricey73
13th October 2007, 23:12
thought leeds were awesome tonight there pack seemed stronger than ours but still think saints have had an amazing season and all the players should be proud of what they have acheived

OoOGazOoO
13th October 2007, 23:31
Very worrying fact is that to be honest.

Not scoring a try in 4 2nd halves is very poor.

The Chair Maker
13th October 2007, 23:53
As a variation on a theme. In our last three games of the season we scored 4 points in 3 second halves of matches.

A further worrying statistic

Saints-Crusaders
13th October 2007, 23:57
As a variation on a theme. In our last three games of the season we scored 4 points in 3 second halves of matches.

A further worrying statistic

I agree to a certain extent about it being worrying, but i think we need to credit the defence of the opponents.

I think Wigan's defence was awesome and Leeds' defence in the other 2 games was even better than Wigan's was

Brimah Kebbie
14th October 2007, 00:08
It was good defence but quite average attack they had to defend also.

sale_mike
14th October 2007, 01:12
True. And good teams will learn from this. I class this Saints team as a good team and they will look closely at why they lost tonight. I fully expect Saints to challenge again next year and for Leeds to find the champion title one that is hard to defend.

parrsaint
14th October 2007, 01:53
I think its simply a case of that the Rhinos have worked out how to beat us and that's why we have only scraped one win against them this season.

I do think we will bounce back but its also definately the case that we do need some new blood in the team. We have five of our senior squad, who in all likelihood will retire within the next 1-2 years (Cunningham, Scully, Long, Gidley, Talau)

That's a lot of important players to replace next year and the year after, so we should begin recruiting some for next season. We have also got some great prospects coming through but the jury is still out on whether they will eventually make the grade to replace some of our current first choice players. To be at the top you have to be ruthless and if this means letting players coming to the end of thier careers go then that's what you have to do. The minute you start standing still in Rugby League is the minute you start going backwards.

We still have had a great season and all credit should go to the lads.