PDA

View Full Version : Some simple maths

EAST YORKS SAINT
13th October 2007, 20:43
No Pride + No Passion = No Trophy.
What A Load Of Poo!!!
SORRY thats just the way it looked.but at the start of the year i sais i would be happy just to finish in the top three so i suppose i should be happy.
BUT I AINT

Dicko
13th October 2007, 21:20
Why no quick play the balls from KC or JR we was at at loss clueless at times Wello if you check him out at half time in the dressing room looked as if he was on another planet along with the rest of them after the first seven mins of the second half they was star struck no ideas whatsoever looked like rabbits caught in the headlights.Bad day at the office .

pricey73
13th October 2007, 21:33
thought wello looked injured or hurting at half time

Houghwood Saint
13th October 2007, 21:38
No Pride + No Passion = No Trophy.
What A Load Of Poo!!!
SORRY thats just the way it looked.but at the start of the year i sais i would be happy just to finish in the top three so i suppose i should be happy.
BUT I AINT

there was pride and there was passion,they simply got beat by the better team.I thought the final score was vastly unrepresentative of the game as a whole but in the last 15 minutes they were spent after a long demanding season.Havent we been involved in 3 extra cup games plus a world club challenge more than Leeds? On top of Leeds superiority every single thing went against them in the second half,the Long '40-20' a case in point.Just be thankful it wasnt against Wigan.

Saint Ryan
13th October 2007, 21:45
Leeds played brilliant fair play to them, Saints just didn't want to know and Leeds capitalized on that fair play to them.

saintly_1
13th October 2007, 22:11
The better team on the day won simple as :(

saint billy
13th October 2007, 22:50
We didn't perform, best team on the night won the game. The bounce of the ball went there way everytime, that's how it goes. We can't win every final can we. Still a quality season from the Saints, if someone would have offered us the WCC, CC and league leaders sheild at start of the year, i'm sure everyone of us would have took it.

Well done Saints, we'll have it back next year.

Saints until i die.

The Chair Maker
13th October 2007, 23:03
Saints were outstanding tonight. however Leeds were simply on a different level.

We attacked them time and time again but their defence wouldnt budge.

The only try we did score was one of the greatest trys ever scored in any final.

Leeds themselves responded with a magnificent effort from Donald which was classical wingplay at its best and one of the greatest trys I have ever seen.

Gerry Mander
13th October 2007, 23:15
Saints were outstanding tonight. however Leeds were simply on a different level.

The only try we did score was one of the greatest trys ever scored in any final.

Leeds themselves responded with a magnificent effort from Donald which was classical wingplay at its best and one of the greatest trys I have ever seen.

You are either a spindoctor or very understanding. Although I agree Saints try was excellent.

Saints were very poor IMO.

Unless the quick PTB steamroller works there is no plan B.

The selection of Long & Faz was ill judged and too many other big
name players were AWOL for long periods Talau and Wilkin to name two.
Bennett was gash again. Why oh why do coaches bring Bennetts
to big games.

Leeds deserved their victory as they played really well.

Offloads , moving the ball wide ,comfortable with ball in hand and
real pace in the backline.

Didn't Saints used to play like that.

Well done Leeds a well deserved victory. A wake up call for Saints.

The Chair Maker
13th October 2007, 23:22
You are either a spindoctor or very understanding. Although I agree Saints try was excellent.

Saints were very poor IMO.

The selection of Long & Faz was ill judged and too many other big
name players were AWOL for long periods Talau and Wilkin to name two.
Bennett was gash again. Why oh why do coaches bring Bennetts
to big games.

Leeds deserved their victory as they played really well.

Offloads , moving the ball wide ,comfortable with ball in hand and
real pace in the backline.

Didn't Saints used to play like that.

Well done Leeds a well deserved victory. A wake up call for Saints.

I thought Long at times was sensational last night.

We moved the ball a lot its just Leeds were faster than us.

Its an old cliche but its a true one that there is "no substitute for pace".

Countless times i saw the ball moved out wide, but Talau and especially Gidley didnt have the pace to get on the outside of their man.

Leeds back row was big fast and mobile, their centres and wingers also had the edge of pace on us and it showed.

We wont challenge Leeds unless we get strike centres and at least one lightening fast winger.

Pace stretches defences, if you havent got it then its a lot easier for an opposition defence to handle your attack.

RedVee Admin
13th October 2007, 23:31
Shame he wasn't as good tonight.

To be fair to Longy, he pranged his shoulder with about 5 mins to go in the first half. I was really close to the pitch and I could see he looked to be in a hell of a lot of discomfort, he was even holding his arm as if his shoulder was dislocated.

topteam
13th October 2007, 23:53

Where are you workin !
"Saints were outstanding"......Rubbish
Apart from the first 10 mins and a brill try by the MOS we were practically clueless going forward.
Longs penalty miss set the scene for a disastrous display.
Second half we didn't have a game plan to beat Leeds, it was simply plan A plan A over and over again.
Ok, a feeble attempt of a short kick off by Long in the second half went pear shaped.
Falling off tackles all over the place.
Leeds were by far the better team tonight.
Its been a long season with plenty of silverware, so well done Saints.
Talk of a big game in Saints on this forum was a kiss of death.
I look forward with interest to what team changes kick in over the next few weeks.

saintcoppull
14th October 2007, 03:47
Saints had a dream start at the start of each half, it was 14 mins into the game before Leeds carried the ball into our half, LEEDS scourd, start off the second half had them pinned down for the first 5 mins result nothing, next thing Leeds our in our half two try's end off, Sorry about the spelling, just totally ••••ed off.

Haydock Saint
14th October 2007, 03:51

Leeds played well granted.

We were not outstanding.

We have not played well for weeks (especially ball in hand)

saintcoppull
14th October 2007, 04:01
Saints had a dream start at the start of each half, it was 14 mins into the game before Leeds carried the ball into our half, LEEDS scourd, start off the second half had them pinned down for the first 5 mins result nothing, next thing Leeds our in our half two try's end off, Sorry about the spelling, just totally ••••ed off.

St Jenny
14th October 2007, 08:39
Shame he wasn't as good tonight.

To be fair to Longy, he pranged his shoulder with about 5 mins to go in the first half. I was really close to the pitch and I could see he looked to be in a hell of a lot of discomfort, he was even holding his arm as if his shoulder was dislocated.

I thought Longy was the only one who was trying to motivate the team last night.

Congrats to an outstanding display by Leeds. We just couldn't break down their defence. They worked as a unit last night, we didn't :(

knowsleyroader
14th October 2007, 08:59

Our attack was one dimentional rubbish.

Blobbynator
14th October 2007, 09:52
I can't agree with Chairmaker's assessment that we were sensational, but....

Its an old cliche but its a true one that there is "no substitute for pace".

Countless times i saw the ball moved out wide, but Talau and especially Gidley didnt have the pace to get on the outside of their man.

I agree with these points. For his first game in 2 months, Long played pretty well. Along with Roby he was our only threat all night, whether it was with his kicks, his passing or his direct running game. His break for Roby's try was superb.

Long and Pryce certainly spread the ball, but Leeds pacey backline didn't have too many problems dealing with Gidley and Talau. Both good, solid players, but neither have that x factor to beat a man on the outside. That was the utlimate difference for me - Leeds backline was far too classy for us.

Burnley Saint
14th October 2007, 10:27
Gidley and Talau were pedestrian KC looked painfully out of it no go forward and turned up expecting to win. We were diabolocal. Role on next year so we can put it right although I am not confident.

Saints Alive
14th October 2007, 11:24
thought wello looked injured or hurting at half time

he took a pair of knees in an early tackle and was slow to get up from it, that could be why

Dux
14th October 2007, 11:27

That's true. Leeds have exposed a lack of penetration in our threequarter line.