PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone explain how leeds can get the team of the year when up to now they haven`t

parr cent
12th October 2007, 15:07
Can anyone explain to me how leeds can win the team of the year when they haven`t won anything :???:

SaintsDavid
12th October 2007, 15:13
welcome.

Agent Mulder
12th October 2007, 15:28
Can anyone explain to me how leeds can win the team of the year when they haven`t won anything :???:

I think you will find it was club of the year they got the award for.

Cedarman
12th October 2007, 15:29

Think if you look beyond the first team squad, at the academy, under 18s etc, work in the community etc.

bobble
12th October 2007, 15:32
Because it is more than just wins that matter. Youth support, financial, etc. etc. are all taken in account.

THELAST3YARDS
12th October 2007, 16:31
They have won both Academy competitions this year and their community work is excellent I believe.

southernsaint7
12th October 2007, 16:41
They have won both Academy competitions this year and their community work is excellent I believe.

wrong, they won junior lost senior to hull

Div
12th October 2007, 17:29
Crowds too

Tobias
12th October 2007, 21:30
... and marketing.

OoOGazOoO
12th October 2007, 22:10
And with JJB's contribution they were run-a-ways leaders of the RFL's Hair Play Award.

southernsaint7
12th October 2007, 22:23
And with JJB's contribution they were run-a-ways leaders of the RFL's Hair Play Award.

lol lol a dads joke that one lol lol

OoOGazOoO
12th October 2007, 22:53
You trying to say something. ;) lol

The Chair Maker
12th October 2007, 22:57
To put it in a nutshell Leeds are light years ahead of any other RL club off the field.

Last year they made a multi million pound profit and built a new stand. They have this year achieved the highest accurately recorded official average gate of any RL club in history. As a business the company turns over nearly 3 times what Saints turnover.
On the pitch the first team has reached grand final (and are favourites to win it), under 21's reached grand final, and under 18's won their grand final.

Sausalito
12th October 2007, 23:37
To put it in a nutshell Leeds are light years ahead of any other RL club off the field.

Last year they made a multi million pound profit and built a new stand. They have this year achieved the highest accurately recorded official average gate of any RL club in history. As a business the company turns over nearly 3 times what Saints turnover.
On the pitch the first team has reached grand final (and are favourites to win it), under 21's reached grand final, and under 18's won their grand final.
How can they be favourites when Saints have to give 6 start on the coupons, surely that makes Saints favourites, off level Saints are odds on, it's the bookies who makes the Favs.:???:

Gray77
13th October 2007, 00:02

Cant argue with that! Apart from the favourites bit, think Saints will be slight favourites with the bookies come 6pm tomorrow. Every club in Super League would love to have what Leeds have as a club off the field. But of course it helps if you're situated in a big city with a big tie-in with a university and a huge potential fan base. Leeds should be the biggest and most profitable club, they're merely performing to their potential, but obviously that requires good planning and can easily be done badly with the wrong people pulling the strings. I dont think even on the night before we play them that anyone can rely deny that RL needs a strong Leeds and in general needs its big clubs to be forward thinking and financially sound.

RedVee Admin
13th October 2007, 22:06
Can anyone explain to me how leeds can win the team of the year :???:
Still want that question answered?

Dicko
13th October 2007, 22:19
Simple we lay down they walked all over us.