PDA

View Full Version : Giggs is a Wigan fan

Saints-Crusaders
12th October 2007, 13:37
I knew there was a reason i didnt like him lol........ other than him playing for Man Utd, he's also confessed to being a Wigan Warriors fan.

Ted Baker
12th October 2007, 14:10
Nahh !!!!!

He's born and bred Salford.

I know he's been caught on Sky attending Wiggoon but that was with a gand of Utd players............

Bigman
12th October 2007, 14:14
His dad used to play for Swinton i seem to recall.

Sadfish
12th October 2007, 14:24
His dad used to play for Swinton i seem to recall.

He was a Junior Salford RL player.

Saints-Crusaders
12th October 2007, 14:26
Ryan Giggs might have been running out at Old Trafford on Saturday for the engage Super League Grand Final had he not been banned from playing rugby league by Manchester United.

The former Wales winger was a promising player in the 13-a-side code and had ambitions of following in the footsteps of his father, Danny Wilson, who was a talented stand-off with Swinton in the 1980s and won four caps for Wales.

"I loved rugby league just as much as football," said Giggs. "I played for my school team and for other junior teams in Salford and Langworthy and I'd just played my first game for Lancashire when United signed me as a schoolboy.

"Part of the deal was that I couldn't play any other sports, which was disappointing because I loved my rugby league. If I hadn't been spotted, maybe I would have gone the other way."

Giggs talks about his passion for rugby league and reveals he is a Wigan fan in the match programme for Saturday's Grand Final between Leeds and St Helens.

"A bunch of us have been watching the play-offs - me and Rio Ferdinand, Paul Scholes and John O'Shea," he added.

"We watched Saints-Leeds the night before a game and then Hull-Wigan on the coach back from our game."

Giggs' United team-mate Wayne Rooney, meanwhile, says he has failed to be gripped by England's rugby union World Cup bid.

"I've not seen it," said the England striker. "I've been watching the rugby league."

N.P.G.
12th October 2007, 14:45
Well done cliff, thanks for that. U dirty Leeds scummer...lol

Saints-Crusaders
12th October 2007, 14:52
Well done cliff, thanks for that. U dirty Leeds scummer...lol

I'll take it easy on you seeing as my feet are still sore from yesterday lol

retro74
12th October 2007, 15:14
He's probably a Wigan fan because he used to get battered by St Helens teams as a lad. He says so in his autobiography.

bobble
12th October 2007, 15:30
Wayne Rooney, meanwhile, says he has failed to be gripped by England's rugby union World Cup bid.

"I've not seen it," said the England striker. "I've been watching the rugby league."

He's just gone up my estimation.

Reacher
12th October 2007, 18:16
Roy Keane and Nicky Butt were big RL fans too. They used to go watching Wigan a lot, especially Keane. I remember him being shown on the big screen once when Wigan were on Sky. I think it was to do with Dennis Betts being a big Utd fan after he was on their books as a player. So it was a bit of a mutual appreciation thing as Keane was going when Betts was playing/coaching.

To be fair to Keane, I can see him enjoying the physical side of rugby and the fact that the players give 100%. He was the same as a player. I also read that Rooney loves RL as well

Ted Baker
13th October 2007, 01:07
I stand corrected !

To$$er !!!

Two Wheeled Saint
13th October 2007, 10:43
Read on text that Rooney has been a keen follower of the playoffs, wonder who he's supporting?

quirkesboots
13th October 2007, 10:57
once a saint always a saint probably leeds:rolleyes:

daves
13th October 2007, 11:07
once a saint always a saint probably leeds:rolleyes:

lol lol lol