PDA

View Full Version : Oh who to support.......?

Sadfish
12th October 2007, 09:46
Its a funny old world the Yawnion world cup has thrown up a real conundrum for me on who to support......so here's a quick run down......

England - The heartland of bigotry and ignorance towards Rugby League over the last 120 years, the amount of players & clubs they've banned for playing Rugby League and times they've tried to kill Rugby League off at ANY opportunity, Even club rugby union fans dispair at the corporate and high society types that sing the slavery song "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" at twickers. So no chance here.
SEE the book "Rugbys Great Split - Tony Collins".

France - The Nazi collaborators in all their glory, making Rugby League illegal and stealing all their assets, so no chance here. To this day they still lock dressing rooms at stadia when the League boys need to play at them even as recent at last year when the touring Kangaroos had to get changed in the car park due to this - this incidet nad many others have been discussed in the French & European Parliaments this year.
SEE the book "The Forbidden Game - Mike Rylance."

South Africa - One of the last bastions of Racism in sport, the rugby union in South Africa is one of last bastions of white man, and still rife with racism even to this day.
SEE the book "Struggle Rugby, A Sport in Crisis - Frik du Preez and Jannie Engelbrecht"

Argentina - We are still at war over the Falklands with Argentina, they still burn the British flag oevr the dispute on regular occasions, is it right to support a team who you are at war with?

All in all I think that after the Super League Grand Final i'll just go the pub and watch the tiddlywinks instead.

dufc4
12th October 2007, 17:21
Come on france

Div
12th October 2007, 17:28
Argentina

downknowsleyroad
12th October 2007, 17:53
England

Bainsey
12th October 2007, 18:00
How very dare you! ;)

It maybe the darkside and all that but at the end of the day its England and imo you should always support your country no matter what sport it is.

alf wayliner
12th October 2007, 18:06
England - The heartland of bigotry and ignorance towards Rugby League over the last 120 years, the amount of players & clubs they've banned for playing Rugby League and times they've tried to kill Rugby League off at ANY opportunity, Even club rugby union fans dispair at the corporate and high society types that sing the slavery song "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" at twickers. So no chance here.

No contest I think theTwickers rah rah ideology suits you down to the ground, perhaps you should trade in your Saints season ticket for a Sale Sharks one;)

are you blind ref
12th October 2007, 18:09
Got to be England regardless of the sport

Saints-Crusaders
12th October 2007, 18:14
If i cared about the sport then it wud be England....... but seeing as i don't, then anyone can win it

Sadfish
12th October 2007, 18:41
No contest I think theTwickers rah rah ideology suits you down to the ground, perhaps you should trade in your Saints season ticket for a Sale Sharks one;)

lol, if that was the case you would be watching the match down the pit buddy ;)

pricey73
12th October 2007, 18:51
not bothered, hope rl boys do well but not bothered who wins

ticker
12th October 2007, 23:00
looking at each countrys references that you gave.Its has to be south africa for me.

Gray77
12th October 2007, 23:47
Argentina, simple as.

Future
13th October 2007, 10:10
Argentina

zelt
13th October 2007, 10:28
Argentina for me too.

daves
13th October 2007, 10:55
As I'm English - England.

ploughman
13th October 2007, 14:05
couldnt stand another year like 2003 when they won the world cup.
that bloody drop goal being repeated countless times on tv
sports personality on bbc,nuff said
the daily mail,nuff said
politicians getting involved with sport when they dont understand it

anybody but england

Barbarian
19th October 2007, 22:14
How you can support anybody but England is beyond me!

Blobbynator
19th October 2007, 22:27
How you can support anybody but England is beyond me!

I'm supporting nobody. I couldn't care less who wins as the sport doesn't interest me whatsoever.

the_messiah_saint
19th October 2007, 23:26
I'll be backing the 15 strong as i did in aus in 2003 was a great month!

C'MON ENGLAND