SARCASM

:p

THELAST3YARDS
12th October 2007, 00:52
Where would you play Bennett then?

Second row

day09
12th October 2007, 08:17
Sbw without doubt, mason is a great forward but dont think we need him. Big jason an foz then graham an fas, four of the best there.

The Wee Waa Womble
17th October 2007, 23:41
i am just wondering who would like to see Willie Mason and Sonny bill at saints
it would be great......till we got points docked for a huge salary cap breach

Cedarman
17th October 2007, 23:44
it would be great......till we got points docked for a huge salary cap breach

...................they'd be used to it don't worry. :)

Billinge Lump
17th October 2007, 23:47
Sonny Bill Williams spends more time on the treatment table than Sculthorpe.

SaintJon
17th October 2007, 23:59
neither would be possible, for a number of reasons

canterbury would never sell them

as it has been stated, the salary cap, who would u get rid of to occupy them? mason it would have 2 be either fozzard, cayless, graham, fa'asavalau or hargreaves (proabably more then one so we can afford his wages) SBW was apparently offered £300,000 a year by saints and turned that down, so he'd probably want more, he plays 2nd row, we'd need to get rid of all our 2nd rowers to afford his wages

over seas quota, flannery, gidley or cayless, which one stays?

so yeah lets get rid of 6 or 7 players to occupy them two players

i know the thread topic is hyperthetical but it would only be bad for the club

SaintJon
18th October 2007, 00:17
now this is a player i'd love to see at saints

Dvb57AjBG1Q

nipplechin
18th October 2007, 00:49
Not raelly economically possible! If we are looking to recruit, it should be centre's we are looking for, coz let's face it Gidley hasn't got that much pace and has been found wanting several times! Willie Talau, needs to rediscover some form, then maybe add a second rower? Blimey your not wrong, that guy can catch pigeons!

parrsaint
18th October 2007, 21:52
now this is a player i'd love to see at saints

Dvb57AjBG1Q

Even though I'm no fan of RU that is a cracking try. Who is that player by the way?

The Greatest
18th October 2007, 21:59
Even though I'm no fan of RU that is a cracking try. Who is that player by the way?

wouldnt displace Gardner from the team

Bainsey
18th October 2007, 22:15

Looks like Englands biggest threat in tomorrows RU World Cup Final... Brian Habana.

Shakespeare
18th October 2007, 22:21
Englands biggest threat is Percy Montgomery. Jason Robinson does the same thing as Habana.

parrsaint
18th October 2007, 22:22

No he wouldn't because this guy plays on the left wing;)

Bainsey
18th October 2007, 22:43
Englands biggest threat is Percy Montgomery. Jason Robinson does the same thing as Habana.

Mongomery can be closed down, Habana is a whole different ball game. Robinson granted is still a threat but nowhere near as good now as Habana is.

Shakespeare
18th October 2007, 23:08
Mongomery can be closed down, Habana is a whole different ball game. Robinson granted is still a threat but nowhere near as good now as Habana is.

Between Montgomery and Habana, to think Brian is the bigger threat is foolish. Kicking is one of the biggest part of Rugby Union and there are not many better than Percy, he kicks goals for fun and is better than Johnny W.

Bainsey
18th October 2007, 23:14
Between Montgomery and Habana, to think Brian is the bigger threat is foolish. Kicking is one of the biggest part of Rugby Union and there are not many better than Percy, he kicks goals for fun and is better than Johnny W.

You was beginning to talk sense until that last ludicrous (sp?) comment. To say any kicker is better than Jonny Wilkinson in RU on his day is madness. Without him England wouldnt have gotten past the Group stages.

Shakespeare
18th October 2007, 23:22
You was beginning to talk sense until that last ludicrous (sp?) comment. To say any kicker is better than Jonny Wilkinson in RU on his day is madness. Without him England wouldnt have gotten past the Group stages.

Did i say on his day? Im talking about now.

Youre the one talking nonsense. England wouldn't have got past Tonga, Samoa and the United States without Johnny Wilkinson?

AnonymousSaint
18th October 2007, 23:47
It goes against everything I believe in, the best chance England have against SA is to pound the line with their forwards, because if they spread it wide Habana will just intercept and score, the other winger isn't half bad either. Every chance they get let Jonny Kick, i cant believe i said that but if they want to win thats what they got to do.

Bainsey
18th October 2007, 23:48
Did i say on his day? Im talking about now.

Youre the one talking nonsense. England wouldn't have got past Tonga, Samoa and the United States without Johnny Wilkinson?

Forgetting USA we definately did struggle against Samoa & Tonga and without Wilko's many penalties, drop goals and kicks through for the likes of Sackey to score the odd try then I definately think we'd have had been ••••ed.

And if all that wasnt enough, if it wasnt for Wilko most of the other lads games would have still been shite as he does seem to have a calming influence on the rest when he plays.

SaintJon
19th October 2007, 00:00
daniel carter is a better kicker than jonny wilkinson

Shakespeare
19th October 2007, 00:01

B
I
N
G
O

Bainsey
19th October 2007, 00:02

Aye so good that the biggest chokers of all time are out yet again! lol

Billinge Lump
19th October 2007, 00:05
RU talk on a Saints board?

Go and wash your mouths out.

Shakespeare
19th October 2007, 00:09

Married on a Derby Day? lol

Bainsey
19th October 2007, 00:12

Lol! Sorry pal, blame the guy who wanted Habana at Saints! ;)

Carlos Alberto
19th October 2007, 00:16
Married on a Derby Day? lol

1-0. lol

parrsaint
19th October 2007, 02:10

Quite right my friend. If people want to discuss Yawnion matters I suggest they look elsewhere.

Sean Day
19th October 2007, 09:26
Why don't they just ditch tries altogether in RU? Listened to the semi final on the way back home from OT and all they talked about was being in a good position for a drop goal

Stupid Tuesday
19th October 2007, 09:39
Bl**dy Rugby World Cup!

Bl**dy Wilkinson!!

Won't they ever shut up about it??

I'm finding myself hoping SA win to avoid the whole old-boy, establishment network wetting themselves with excitement and hysterically lauding a team of no-thrill plodders for the next four years!

Scouse Don
19th October 2007, 10:37
I'm going to Rome for the weekend to avoid all the old boy network at work on monday /tuesday on the off chance they somehow grind the life out of the boks............tell you what though that winger (habana) would look good in a redvee,what u think?

R P McMurphy
19th October 2007, 11:32

Thats right because Gardner has blistering pace and scores tries out of nothing!!

The Greatest
19th October 2007, 12:01
Thats right because Gardner has blistering pace and scores tries out of nothing!!

I know.

Thats exactly why I said he wouldnt displace Gardner.

Thejudge
19th October 2007, 16:00
According to talk sport this morning Tesco's have announced that due to the "feel good factor" of the rugby world cup, Luxury items like Lobster, Caviar and champagne have seen an increase in sales of around 30%.

Maybe its all the upper class duffers buying them for their picnic baskets for the trip over in their land rovers

R P McMurphy
19th October 2007, 16:13
According to talk sport this morning Tesco's have announced that due to the "feel good factor" of the rugby world cup, Luxury items like Lobster, Caviar and champagne have seen an increase in sales of around 30%.

Maybe its all the upper class duffers buying them for their picnic baskets for the trip over in their land rovers

I hope the French farmers have a blockade!

Greengrass
20th October 2007, 08:38

Salford???

quirkesboots
20th October 2007, 08:59
Why don't they just ditch tries altogether in RU? Listened to the semi final on the way back home from OT and all they talked about was being in a good position for a drop goal
stevo says that quite alot too (the 1 pionter)

Sausalito
20th October 2007, 11:53

So what?? Stevo asks for drop goals all the time.:???:

Sausalito
20th October 2007, 12:09
England only failed to score tries against Aus and SA, 11 up to now, not bad.
GB find it hard to score tries against AUS as well. :rolleyes:

Saint Jasper
20th October 2007, 12:33

Salford???

Ouch!

quirkesboots
20th October 2007, 14:30
England only failed to score tries against Aus and SA, 11 up to now, not bad.
GB find it hard to score tries against AUS as well. :rolleyes:
trys in knock out stage arent as effective as no bonus pionts are on offer.if they need to win with kicks alone its fine by me

Greengrass
20th October 2007, 16:30
Ouch!

My tongue was fimly in my cheek with that reply, and before some wit responds MY FACIAL CHEEK.;)