PDA

View Full Version : Wigan in Final at Old trafford

Saint Bert
11th October 2007, 10:23
Saints FIRST play off success at Old Trafford. :cool:

Tonights old match at The George.

There were plenty here for the pre challenge cup final night, come down and make the build up to The Grand Final a good one.

All welcome as always.

Mr Turncoat
11th October 2007, 10:31

I remember going to that game. Didn't it absolutely pi*s it down that day?

aka32
11th October 2007, 10:54
yes it was ••••ing down all afternoon also i remember it being murder getting out of town wern't united having a open top bus parade through manchester that day

saw the video a couple of years back look out for dwyer and wardy (on crutches) at the celebration well funny.

Wizards Sleeve
11th October 2007, 11:33
Fond memories of that game. Apart from seeing Saints win at O.T. ( I'm a United fan ), I was sat next to the Workington fan who streaked across the pitch. He dumped all his clothes on my lap and told me to "Mind these mate". He obviously never came back so I passed them to one of his mates.
After the game I managed to struggle passed the stewards and got on the pitch to congratulate a couple of old school mates in Loughlin and Dwyer.
When I got back to my local my ex-wife came across to me. I thought she was gonna congratulate me but instead she slapped me across the face and called me a dirty b@stard.
She'd heard I was seen on the pitch and she'd heard there was a streaker. Two and two came to about 10 and a half. It was worth a slap. What a day.

Cedarman
11th October 2007, 11:41
Fond memories of that game. Apart from seeing Saints win at O.T. ( I'm a United fan ), I was sat next to the Workington fan who streaked across the pitch. He dumped all his clothes on my lap and told me to "Mind these mate". He obviously never came back so I passed them to one of his mates.
After the game I managed to struggle passed the stewards and got on the pitch to congratulate a couple of old school mates in Loughlin and Dwyer.
When I got back to my local my ex-wife came across to me. I thought she was gonna congratulate me but instead she slapped me across the face and called me a dirty b@stard.
She'd heard I was seen on the pitch and she'd heard there was a streaker. Two and two came to about 10 and a half. It was worth a slap. What a day.

queue the ex wife and slapper gag :)

Chris Saint
11th October 2007, 11:41
The Mike Riley Final!!

Had Offiah in his pocket - that face of him crying when forced in touch still gets me in stitches

Cedarman
11th October 2007, 11:42

Tonights old match at The George.

There were plenty here for the pre challenge cup final night, come down and make the build up to The Grand Final a good one.

All welcome as always.

........be there at 7:30 Mr Turner.

Wizards Sleeve
11th October 2007, 11:45
queue the ex wife and slapper gag :)

We won't go there mate ;) :o

WIGANHATER
11th October 2007, 13:28
10-4 over and out.

UhAhGeorgie Mann
11th October 2007, 13:33

Absolutely classic that was. I must have been near you because I can remember him running right past me on his dart for the pitch. Didnt he have horrible curly long brown hair and one of the old school rattles in his hand?! Ah memories!

Saint Bert
11th October 2007, 13:35
The Ron Hoof commentary, genius.

As the streaker is lead away, covered up by a copper, "look at that bobbies helmet!" LOL

All you reminising, are you coming in tonight?

Ell Saint Blues
11th October 2007, 13:36
Great day, I was on the pitch at the end. You can see me on the tv if you look really closely. I might put the picture up tonight.

I lost my voice with all the singing and was having an in-growing toe nail operation on the following Tuesday.

On the surgical bed in hospital, the doctor asks, now is it the big toe on left foot then?

Me struggling to talk with a whisper of voice, no no no its the right. Could harldy get the words out!

DD
11th October 2007, 13:36

Feeble attempt at downgrading the importance of the Grand Final, and trying to convince the masses that we have already won the Championship, duly noted. :D

Ell Saint Blues
11th October 2007, 13:38

As the streaker is lead away, covered up by a copper, "look at that bobbies helmet!" LOL

Class, I've only got the BBC version though. I remember Holdsworth just looking completely non-plussed.

Cedarman
11th October 2007, 13:40
Class, I've only got the BBC version though. I remember Holdsworth just looking completely non-plussed.

I've got your other Catalan DVD. I'll have it to night

Saint Bert
11th October 2007, 13:41
Feeble attempt at downgrading the importance of the Grand Final, and trying to convince the masses that we have already won the Championship, duly noted. :D

Even you cannot deny the statement as FACT!

We have not already won the Superleague Championship, that comes on Saturday, however we are already League Champions. Another statement of FACT.

A side point, why isn't that fabulous old trophy that was awarded to the league champions used instead of a shield, could it be because it makes the SL trophy look like a duff flower vase from poundland :???:

WIGANHATER
11th October 2007, 13:47

Might pop in for a bit. Picking Diane up from work at 9 tho.

Future
11th October 2007, 16:07
I shall be in for a bit after training.

DD
11th October 2007, 16:11
Even you cannot deny the statement as FACT!

We have not already won the Superleague Championship, that comes on Saturday, however we are already League Champions. Another statement of FACT.

A side point, why isn't that fabulous old trophy that was awarded to the league champions used instead of a shield, could it be because it makes the SL trophy look like a duff flower vase from poundland :???:

If anything other than a crappy shield was awarded then there would be arguments akimbo as to who are the real League Champions.

As it happens, only the real stubborn old guard refuse to accept that winning the Grand Final is the only way you can be called 'Champions'.

Move with the times, Bert. :D

Cedarman
11th October 2007, 16:19
Great day, I was on the pitch at the end. You can see me on the tv if you look really closely. I might put the picture up tonight.

I lost my voice with all the singing and was having an in-growing toe nail operation on the following Tuesday.

On the surgical bed in hospital, the doctor asks, now is it the big toe on left foot then?

Me struggling to talk with a whisper of voice, no no no its the right. Could harldy get the words out!

....................for god sake don't go there. We spent last Thursday looking for Turners' scarf and an oil advertisement lol lol

Shakespeare
11th October 2007, 18:47
Sorry chief, at the walkers forum.

Saint Bert
11th October 2007, 18:55
Damn that Martin and his fund raising Thursdays!!!!!

Ell Saint Blues
11th October 2007, 20:14
That's me with the blue and white painted face at the 1993 Premiership Final.

http://www.cl41re.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/1192126355.jpg