PDA

View Full Version : Jamie Lyon wants to come back to Saints

Red_V_Roger
10th October 2007, 07:16
Well the title says it all. If he can talk his family round - its from a very good source.

saints4ever
10th October 2007, 09:46
Well TBH i cant see him coming back till his contract is up at manly, dont get me wrong id love to see lyon back hes been amazing for saints and weve actually missed his pace in the centres this season and like he said hed like to go back to saints one day.

Who is the source:???: ;)

knowsleyroader
10th October 2007, 09:51
Yeah ok.

SaintsDavid
10th October 2007, 10:08
yeah, he came to Saints with Willie Mason last week. its true.

DD
10th October 2007, 10:27
To be fair, Red v Roger does not say when Jamie Lyon wants to return.

Jamie has always said he would like to return one day, towards the end of the career, so this thread is either old news or no news.

RedVee Admin
10th October 2007, 10:29
Or to put it another way:

Jamie: Jeez Sheila, since I came home from Saints as the boy wonder, half the country has out played me.

Sheila: Yeah Bruce, the other wives at Manley have bigger boobs than me too.

Jamie: Wanna go back to Saints? The barbie weather is crap but at least I'll be the top dingo there.

Sheila: Ripper Bruce, that'd be bonza.

SaintsDavid
10th October 2007, 10:32
To be fair, Red v Roger does not say when Jamie Lyon wants to return.

Jamie has always said he would like to return one day, towards the end of the career, so this thread is either old news or no news.

Now thats old source...expiry date Dec 06

Legolas
10th October 2007, 10:40
He's probably sick of playing stand off. Wouldn't say no if hes available at the end of Matt Gidley's contract next season but he signed a four year contract

Trev The Bear
10th October 2007, 10:43
Or to put it another way:

Jamie: Jeez Sheila, since I came home from Saints as the boy wonder, half the country has out played me.

Sheila: Yeah Bruce, the other wives at Manley have bigger boobs than me too.

Jamie: Wanna go back to Saints? The barbie weather is crap but at least I'll be the top dingo there.

Sheila: Ripper Bruce, that'd be bonza.
lol

Knight Shadow
10th October 2007, 10:57
dum qustion hear BUT why dont we try and blood are young lads in the acadmey to the 1st team so that we have home made centers? as at GB level we are realey lacking in that roll as we have depth in the props, hooker, half backs, full backs and now we are geting some GOOD wingers comeing through why not try and push are own centes to the next level?? rather than bring back jamie as he is good dont get me wrong but why not put faith in are acadmey system?

Shakespeare
10th October 2007, 11:04
Jamie also said that he would play for Wigan. Which ever give him the best money were his words.

Legolas
10th October 2007, 11:04
dum qustion hear BUT why dont we try and blood are young lads in the acadmey to the 1st team so that we have home made centers? as at GB level we are realey lacking in that roll as we have depth in the props, hooker, half backs, full backs and now we are geting some GOOD wingers comeing through why not try and push are own centes to the next level?? rather than bring back jamie as he is good dont get me wrong but why not put faith in are acadmey system?

I agree but from what I have seen at present, we only really have one youngster ready to be pushed into the first team as a centre, Ste Tyrer and I would see him as a useful replacement when Willie Talau knocks it on the head. We cannot simply push youngsters through as it could ruin them. They need to be bloodied slowly.

Knight Shadow
10th October 2007, 11:09
I agree but from what I have seen at present, we only really have one youngster ready to be pushed into the first team as a centre, Ste Tyrer and I would see him as a useful replacement when Willie Talau knocks it on the head. We cannot simply push youngsters through as it could ruin them. They need to be bloodied slowly.

i know it takes time but we dont blood them, the centers we have of gidley and willey play if there fit for the full 80 so IMO we need to put some of the young lads who play center from are acadmey on the bench and do it slowley through the seasion but we dont because we just want to go hell for leather WIN NOW stuff tomorrow in a way

Legolas
10th October 2007, 11:20
To be fair to DA this is what he has been doing. He has bloodied an awful lot of youngsters during his time at Saints. Thing is, the majority of Saints fans would turn their vitriol on DA and the club if we didn't play our strongest side week in and week out and won week in and week out.

Unfortunately,its the business of sport which makes it harder to blood youngsters. Personally, I'm happy to have a couple of years of relative unsuccess if it means we can blood some kids who would then be the bedrock of the side for years to come.

Chris Saint
10th October 2007, 11:54
To be fair to DA this is what he has been doing. He has bloodied an awful lot of youngsters during his time at Saints. Thing is, the majority of Saints fans would turn their vitriol on DA and the club if we didn't play our strongest side week in and week out and won week in and week out.

Unfortunately,its the business of sport which makes it harder to blood youngsters. Personally, I'm happy to have a couple of years of relative unsuccess if it means we can blood some kids who would then be the bedrock of the side for years to come.

I do tend to agree - i'm not one who expects constant success and these last 12 seasons no saints fan can really complain at the amount we have had!

But the youngsters do have to be good enough - i know they need game time to prove it - but i don't want us to end up with a team that can't be successful as the talent isn't there

RedVee Admin
10th October 2007, 11:59
Jamie also said that he would play for Wigan. Which ever give him the best money were his words.
http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_thumbview_approve/1166269/2/istockphoto_1166269_money_grabber.jpg

Dux
10th October 2007, 12:46
To be fair to DA this is what he has been doing. He has bloodied an awful lot of youngsters during his time at Saints.

Crikey...shouldn't somebody tell the police? ;)

southernsaint7
10th October 2007, 14:05
Crikey...shouldn't somebody tell the police? ;)

lol lol thought it was just me that thought it was slightly wrong

Perfect Pimbletts Pies
10th October 2007, 14:06
He got the most-overrated award last season and was carreid a lot by Manly in the first half. They keep playing him at stand off. Watching Manly this season shows that he's not a stand-off.....

Haydock Saint
10th October 2007, 14:59
Watching Manly this season shows that he's not a stand-off.....

They got to the Aussie Grand Final though- he must have done something at stand off :???:

brook
10th October 2007, 15:26
Watching manly games on setanta some teams have tended to isolated jamie and scored past him,matt king and melbourne being the last ones i think to do so.Seems the aussies think hes a weak link,the cometators slated him for his defence and they slated him on his attack,he allways looked better when they did play him at center

Agent Mulder
10th October 2007, 16:36
Watching manly games on setanta some teams have tended to isolated jamie and scored past him,matt king and melbourne being the last ones i think to do so.Seems the aussies think hes a weak link,the cometators slated him for his defence and they slated him on his attack,he allways looked better when they did play him at center

Didn't he get Manly's MOM in the Grand Final though? I'm sure he did.

Carlos Alberto
10th October 2007, 16:47
Didn't he get Manly's MOM in the Grand Final though? I'm sure he did.

I didn't notice him when I watched the match though.

Scouse Don
10th October 2007, 17:05
So nobody would have him back ????????????????????????Would have thought he's the only thing we've missed this year -a quick incisive runner who can kick goals for fun!!!!!!Packed with them are'nt we ?

RedVee Admin
10th October 2007, 17:17
Didn't say we wouldn't have him, just debating his motives.

Dux
10th October 2007, 17:26
The fact is, if he wants to join us for next season then there is no space for him - both Gidley and Talau are under contract (and I would have no interest whatsoever in him joining us as a 6, even if Pryce left).

If he wants to join us when Gidley or Talau's contracts are up, that would be a different story.

Steward Saint
10th October 2007, 20:11
Come on people, don't be stuck in the past we dont need Lyon and weve more than proved it this year with successes over Brisbane, Retaining the Challenge Cup and Retaining the league leaders shield for the third year running. Get over it he's gone dun dun dun

kahuna
10th October 2007, 20:50
Breed the youngsters!

Blobbynator
10th October 2007, 20:52
When Gidley leaves, Lyon would be one of the 1st players I'd be looking at to replace him. Unlikely, but it's got to be worth an enquiry.

southportsaint
10th October 2007, 21:46
just drop the bloody jamie lyon thing if he wants to come back its becuase hes not upto scratch over there and wants some easy money,he was great for us but thats in the past lets look forward to another grand final with this current squad.

Reacher
10th October 2007, 23:18
just drop the bloody jamie lyon thing if he wants to come back its becuase hes not upto scratch over there and wants some easy money,he was great for us but thats in the past lets look forward to another grand final with this current squad.

Thats true. As great as he was, I dont want this to develop into another Meninga- "is he coming over again or not scenario". He was fantastic for us, however to talk about him constantly devalues the contributions of other overseas players still at the club who give 110% for the red vee. Gidleys try saver against Leeds whilst having that facial injury for example.

Lets not forget that no one forced him to return to Australia. Saints offered him an extremely lucrative contract to stay and he turned it down. Good luck to him but lets move on. I would get a bigger thrill out of a local St Helens lad coming through and genuinely knowing what it means to play for our club a la Wellens, KC, Roby, Clough et al.

Red_V_Roger
10th October 2007, 23:40
Well it got you talking anyway.

BTW The source was my dad who heard from somebody over a pint at Triplex Club KR.

Nothing to do with anything out here :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :p

fozzymodo
11th October 2007, 00:07
Yeh They Could Let Meli Go

DeKay
11th October 2007, 01:05
Why would we let a left side winger go to make room for a right side centre?
When people say there's no room, we mean on the salary cap, the overseas quota and with the current players and climate, it's not just a matter of seats on the bus!
To afford to bring Lyon back we'd probably have to break Gidley's contract early, sell him and then reduce 3 or more player's salaries. If we were to need to outbid the goons (which has been suggested), then we'd have to completely disregard all the rules governing the signing and payment of players in the same way as they do just so that we could keep up with their offers!

It's not going to happen, the man is part of our past, just like Farrell is at wiggin, we've proven this year that we are still the best in the league, and so won every competition we've entered. We don't need him, we couldn't possibly do any better with him in the team than we have done so far!

Shakespeare
11th October 2007, 01:24
When Gidley leaves, Lyon would be one of the 1st players I'd be looking at to replace him. Unlikely, but it's got to be worth an enquiry.

Thats because you are a fool that doesnt think things through.

Supersaint
11th October 2007, 11:12
Thats because you are a fool that doesnt think things through.

oooh do tell me the reason why it would be silly to make an equiry? :D