PDA

View Full Version : What a Suprise!

Wellensisno1
9th October 2007, 13:49
Match officials for GF announced!

SATURDAY 13TH OCTOBER 2007
engage Super League XII Grand Final 2007
St Helens v Leeds Rhinos 6.00pm
Ref A Klein TJ C Sharrad TJ J Child RR P Bentham RTJ T Martin VR B Thaler MC G Kershaw
at Old Trafford, Manchester

Sadfish
9th October 2007, 13:50
Video Ref Ben Thaler? isnt he from leeds?

Wellensisno1
9th October 2007, 13:52

Could be a long night as he takes even longer than Ian Smith to make a decision from the hot seat!

WIGANHATER
9th October 2007, 13:52
Put money on a low scoring game with Klein keeping a very short 10 yards between the two teams.

Buddy
9th October 2007, 18:12
How many times has this idiot reffed us this year?
It seems like its almost every bleeding game

Legolas
9th October 2007, 18:24
How many times has this idiot reffed us this year?
It seems like its almost every bleeding game

The GF will be the FOURTH consecutive week we have had AK as ref. Started with Wire, Wigan, Leeds and now Leeds again.

I intend to ask the RFL the grounds upon which the ref is selected. It is a disgrace that the same ref is at one teams games for four consecutive weeks and he shouldn't be in charge of the same two teams within two weeks as it is seriously prejudicial to his impartiality and integrity (not that he has any after the Cardiff Cock up)

Saints-Crusaders
9th October 2007, 18:41
I don't see how he should get the GF after also getting the CC Final this season. I can't recall the last time a ref got both finals in the same season

Saints-Crusaders
9th October 2007, 18:44

Should that matter :???: ....... we had Ganson as Video Ref in a game against Wigan earlier in the season

undercover
9th October 2007, 19:02
who should ref then?

Mr Turncoat
9th October 2007, 19:09
Wakefield actually

The Grant Family
9th October 2007, 19:36
oh sh*t we are fu*ked the little son of a bit*h will make sure e dont win

mister chuffy
9th October 2007, 20:51
Klown is a Leeds ref, little pommie git! No wonder we transported crap like him over there. Coming back to haunt us.

Reacher
9th October 2007, 21:20
To be fair, and I will probably be shot down in flames here, I actually thought he had a decent game in the semi final play off. Whilst at the game, I thought he got a lot of decisions wrong, but when I watched it at home later, he got a lot right apart from some obvious high shots in the last 10 minutes. I agree that he keeps a short 10 metres which makes it hard for expansive rugby, but what choice is there?

Thaler has had a good season but is probably deemed too inexperienced for such a game and the ref of the year (Ganson) obviously cant ref the GF due to where he comes from. There is a shortage of top class refs. Kirkpatrick was one of the better ones. Thaler may well take charge of finals in the future, but I dont really see what choice we have.

parrsaint
9th October 2007, 22:02
The RFL should introduce a rota sytem so that a referee can only officiate a maximum of two games per month against the same team.

southernsaint7
9th October 2007, 22:06
gansons consolation prize is a trip to Australia to do the test match.....not bad at all!!

RedVee Admin
9th October 2007, 23:20
Posh Heath actually. ;)

undercover
9th October 2007, 23:39
Posh Heath actually. ;)

is that near thatto

RedVee Admin
10th October 2007, 02:19
It's an area of Wakefield where they have running water AND electricity.

WIGANHATER
10th October 2007, 13:26
who should ref then?

Anybody but Holdsworth

Div
10th October 2007, 15:18
Its not a case of keeping a short 10 metres its the fact that he has tunnel vision and never looks for offside and hence teams creep up.

brook
10th October 2007, 15:31
According to Cummings its not the refs job to watch for offside anymore its the touch judges who are supposed to do it and the ref watches the play the ball.Since the Cardiff afair hes been doing everything more or less by the book.But yes i agree he should have a quick look at the defensive line as it seems the touch judges seem to do bugger all

retro74
10th October 2007, 16:40
To be fair, and I will probably be shot down in flames here, I actually thought he had a decent game in the semi final play off. Whilst at the game, I thought he got a lot of decisions wrong, but when I watched it at home later, he got a lot right apart from some obvious high shots in the last 10 minutes. I agree that he keeps a short 10 metres which makes it hard for expansive rugby, but what choice is there?

Thaler has had a good season but is probably deemed too inexperienced for such a game and the ref of the year (Ganson) obviously cant ref the GF due to where he comes from. There is a shortage of top class refs. Kirkpatrick was one of the better ones. Thaler may well take charge of finals in the future, but I dont really see what choice we have.

You're right. He did get most things right other than a mad 10 minutes where he got everything wrong.

gazwxm
10th October 2007, 17:41
You're right. He did get most things right other than a mad 10 minutes where he got everything wrong.

If we're all thinking it's going to be a close low scoring game and Klein has a mad 10 minutes then one side will be fuming. He's inconsistent and annoys everybody. How he's got both finals I don't know. :???:

kahuna
10th October 2007, 20:51
••••in hate Klein