PDA

View Full Version : fielden left out of gb squad

ploughman
9th October 2007, 13:14
i see tony smith has left both fielden and hock out of the gb team.common sense prevails at last.or so i thought until i realised he'd picked o'loughlin

dufc4
9th October 2007, 13:20
Is Tony Smith not allowed to pick a wigan player?

ploughman
9th October 2007, 13:26

yes,if they're good enough.in my opinion those 3 aren't.

Sadfish
9th October 2007, 13:29
fielden hasnt been the same since his mam died sadly.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
9th October 2007, 13:29

he has selected Todd Flanders
http://www.thesimpsons.com/bios/images/bios_townspeople_todd.gif

Blobbynator
9th October 2007, 13:30
The squad is taking good shape to be fair. When the Saints and Leeds players are added it should have a very good look to it. The team to face NZ in the first test could be very exciting.

Dux
9th October 2007, 13:49
The squad is taking good shape to be fair. When the Saints and Leeds players are added it should have a very good look to it. The team to face NZ in the first test could be very exciting.

I'm very excited about this series. Don't know much about the current Kiwi squad, what with the NRL moving to Setanta, but I'm always frustrated when we lose to them, because usually they have bags of talent but lack the patience to play a solid and composed 80 mins. Admittedly that has changed somewhat over the last couple of years, but without the calming influence of Stacey Jones I could see them reverting to those ways. I think we've got a great chance of putting ourselves back on the map in these three tests...that's if Tony Smith can instill more unity in the side than Nobby ever managed to.

Wellensisno1
9th October 2007, 13:51
It will be interesting if Burrow takes a knock in the GF and has to pull out.

Don't know what we will do for a scrum half?

Sausalito
9th October 2007, 13:53
fielden hasnt been the same since his mam died sadly.
You mean since he got a smack from Willie, the aura he/they had built around him was blown away that day. :???:

Kakariki
9th October 2007, 13:54
I think being left out of the squad will make or break Fielden.

With a good pre-season and the drive and determination to get back in the squad, Wigan might see him back to somewhere near his best next season.

saint-hamlett
9th October 2007, 13:56
He's already broken..... there's no spirit in him anymore or enthusiasm. i'v worked with him for past few months and he isnt the same as he once was. totally diffrent man and player.

The Chair Maker
9th October 2007, 14:04
Fielden pulled ot of GB squad months ago. It was mutually agreed between him and Tony Smith that he needed a break.

bazdev
9th October 2007, 14:16
Fielden pulled ot of GB squad months ago. It was mutually agreed between him and Tony Smith that he needed a break.

Fielden has played for pretty much the whole season with a bad foot injury. Being the only front rower we have who can do long spells has meant he hasn't been able to get it treated. Hopefully next season he will be back to the 2004 Stuart Fielden.

saintgeorge
9th October 2007, 14:17
Good news for Foz and Graham then

doghead
9th October 2007, 19:19
Fielden is having trouble staying conscious this last two season.

Doc Green
9th October 2007, 20:08
i see tony smith has left both fielden and hock out of the gb team.common sense prevails at last.or so i thought until i realised he'd picked o'loughlinWell Hock has a two game ban so I suppose he didn't have much choice.