PDA

View Full Version : Maurice Bamford Talking Rubbish? ? ?

OoOGazOoO
9th October 2007, 11:57
Saying that Daniel Anderson shouldnt have been named coach of the year as a 'chimpanzee' could have coached St Helens and could have won with everything the team we have.

I personally think he is talking rubbish. Anderson has really focused on our defensive ability and we have improved as a result.

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 11:58
He's been talking sh1te for 30 years, why would anything change.

Blobbynator
9th October 2007, 11:59
Ignorance is bliss eh? People forget that under another very good coach - Millward - we were finishing 4th and 5th in the league.

OoOGazOoO
9th October 2007, 12:13
He's been talking sh1te for 30 years, why would anything change.

I have to say that some of his views are strange but this one was ridiculous.

Was just such a silly, silly comment to make.

OoOGazOoO
9th October 2007, 12:14
Ignorance is bliss eh? People forget that under another very good coach - Millward - we were finishing 4th and 5th in the league.

Very true mate, we have improved ten fold in my opinion from the Millward days to where we are now.

saintgeorge
9th October 2007, 14:19
Since when has this old has-been`s opinion meant anything? He was never any good as a coach himself in the Eddie Waring days of RL!

bocaboca
9th October 2007, 16:17
Typical dinosaur opinion!

pricey73
9th October 2007, 17:48
think saints defence has improved + look at the injuries and the kids he's used this season

Dux
9th October 2007, 18:10
A chimpanzee might have been able to do it, but I bet if Maurice Bamford was coaching us we'd have won jack shit.

welshsaint
9th October 2007, 18:42
[QUOTE=OoOGazOoO]Saying that Daniel Anderson shouldnt have been named coach of the year as a 'chimpanzee' could have coached St Helens and could have won with everything the team we have.QUOTE]

Well if that's Daniel Anderson coaching on par with a chimpanzee I'll have him in my zoo any day of the week :) :)

mister chuffy
9th October 2007, 19:34
What did he ever do? Once a loser, always a loser. Feck him.

DD
9th October 2007, 19:39
It's the sort of thick comment I would expect on Cherry & White.

If he cannot see that this team plays a totally different style of game than under his predecessor and that DA has got a team that was notorious for it's lack of concentrate in defence to actually become the best defensive unit in the country by a mile, then he is doing a good impression of a senile old git...oh..hang on..!

OoOGazOoO
9th October 2007, 19:56
I agree.

It was a ridiculous comment to make, and i couldnt believe he said it.

Just to make things worse too, he also thinks we will lose to Leeds on Saturday.

DD
9th October 2007, 19:59
Just to make things worse too, he also thinks we will lose to Leeds on Saturday.

Well, that isn't so ridiculous. They've been better than us twice (arguably three times) this season.

Of course Bamford is a Yorkie and they stick together like glue over there!

Saint Ana
9th October 2007, 21:36
What he is actually saying is that Knobhead should be OOTY having taken the goons from no-hopers to a semi-final, AND Saints being superior in every department would have beaten everybody else blindfolded except Leeds in the final - which just smacks of infantile jealousy and sour grapes from a senile old nobody! Plick!

Shakespeare
9th October 2007, 21:40
Maurice Bamford was coach of Wigan between May 1981 and May 1982 before being sacked as they were relegated.

Theres one thing that we wont do..
We wont go to division 2!!

parrsaint
9th October 2007, 21:42
A chimpanzee might have been able to do it, but I bet if Maurice Bamford was coaching us we'd have won jack shit.

Spot on. Anderson is arguably the best coach Saints have ever had. How many trophies did Bamford win when he was coaching? Didn't Both Leeds and the Pies both sent him his P45 in the past.

Scouse Don
9th October 2007, 22:11
Least Bamford has done something we all wish we could do.....see post from shakespeare.getting Goons relegated !

Legendary Supporter
9th October 2007, 23:24
Saying that Daniel Anderson shouldnt have been named coach of the year as a 'chimpanzee' could have coached St Helens and could have won with everything the team we have.

I personally think he is talking rubbish. Anderson has really focused on our defensive ability and we have improved as a result.

Who, who, who, who, who is he to talk? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Haydock Saint
10th October 2007, 00:08
Who, who, who, who, who is he to talk? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

Bamford was a great coach for Great Britain- don't knock the guy- he gave Chris Arkwright his test debut.

Tallahassee
10th October 2007, 21:46
Bamford was a crap GB coach,sorry he was.Funny how a chimpanzee could coach Wigan during the 1986-95 glory years but their coaches won coach of the year every year and nobody ever said anything about that.Daniel Anderson did a superb job this year,three trophies(so far hopefully) in a season when the other clubs have got better and we have suffered alot more injuries this season than last year.