PDA

View Full Version : Oh, by the way.......................

Kal-El
9th October 2007, 11:50
I can't see it anywhere else (apologies if it is) welcome back Castleford, great to see them bounce straight back up (even if they should never have been relegated in the first place).

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa247/Iluvatar_bucket/330_Castleford_promotion_celeb_5809.jpg

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 11:58
And glad that Widnes have stayed down. Another away day saved for the real away fans!

Cleckheaton folk festival 2008, bring it on!

RedVee Admin
9th October 2007, 12:03
typo. it's:

Cleckheaton Folk Festival 1988

WIGANHATER
9th October 2007, 13:19
I can't see it anywhere else (apologies if it is) welcome back Castleford, great to see them bounce straight back up (even if they should never have been relegated in the first place).

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa247/Iluvatar_bucket/330_Castleford_promotion_celeb_5809.jpg

Here here. Great to have them back where they belong.

Sean Day
9th October 2007, 13:22
And glad that Widnes have stayed down. Another away day saved for the real away fans!

Cleckheaton folk festival 2008, bring it on!

Does it really spoil your day if more fans than normal turn up at an away match? If that makes you glad that they stayed down then that's strange IMO

WIGANHATER
9th October 2007, 13:26
Does it really spoil your day if more fans than normal turn up at an away match? If that makes you glad that they stayed down then that's strange IMO

Think he's referring to the people that only travel to away games within a 10 mile radius making it sometimes difficult for fans who travel to Catalan, London and Hull to get tickets for "local" away games. There will be no problem getting in at Cas.

Sean Day
9th October 2007, 13:30
Think he's referring to the people that only travel to away games within a 10 mile radius making it sometimes difficult for fans who travel to Catalan, London and Hull to get tickets for "local" away games. There will be no problem getting in at Cas.

To be fair, everybody who wants a ticket for Wigan or Widnes away will generally get one

Blobbynator
9th October 2007, 13:32
To be fair, everybody who wants a ticket for Wigan or Widnes away will generally get one

Aye, preparation is the key. ;)

garylager
9th October 2007, 13:39
Why is he so bothered if some people go to local away matches, rather than the ones further away. I think he forgets that some people may not have the money or the facilities to get to the matches further away. From the comments he makes it just looks like he wants the couple of thousand who watch every week to be the only ones that go. No wonder the crowds are down. Personally i go to most matches but i wouldn't expect to get a ticket for a match just cause i can travel to away games, load of boll**ks, i think the more people who get to go to finals and big matches often start to go to one or two matches more every year as they become more involved.

WIGANHATER
9th October 2007, 13:40

Not everyone matey

WIGANHATER
9th October 2007, 13:42
Why is he so bothered if some people go to local away matches, rather than the ones further away. I think he forgets that some people may not have the money or the facilities to get to the matches further away. From the comments he makes it just looks like he wants the couple of thousand who watch every week to be the only ones that go. No wonder the crowds are down. Personally i go to most matches but i wouldn't expect to get a ticket for a match just cause i can travel to away games, load of boll**ks, i think the more people who get to go to finals and big matches often start to go to one or two matches more every year as they become more involved.

I disagree and strongly urge the club to implement a loyalty points system.
The more games you go to, the more points you get and the better opportunity you have to get tickets for games that are going to sell out.

Cedarman
9th October 2007, 13:47

sometimes I weep honestly :???:

The thing is althought the Jungle is a Sh1t hole comapared to Halton Bus Stadium but there is and always has been a far better atmosphere.

Sean Day
9th October 2007, 13:53
The more games you go to, the more points you get and the better opportunity you have to get tickets for games that are going to sell out.

Can see the logic but when does demand ever exceed supply? Once or twice a year? People will point out the Wigan and Wire away games but if you get your act together these are usually on sale about 4 weeks before the game. Likewise the GF tickets now have been on general sale for several days (as were Wembley tickets).

The side issue is people have the right to go to whatever games they like, it's beggar all to do with anyone else. Any reason they might have for not going is also nobody elses business, including if they just can't be bothered. Not aiming this at anybody on this thread but its something that does my head in

Steward Saint
10th October 2007, 20:09

True that, we've all been distracted by Widnes; Congrats to them Looking forward to going back to the Jungle. Shame that Brough has upped and left them though can see them struggling without him

Blobbynator
10th October 2007, 20:15
Can see the logic but when does demand ever exceed supply? Once or twice a year? People will point out the Wigan and Wire away games but if you get your act together these are usually on sale about 4 weeks before the game. Likewise the GF tickets now have been on general sale for several days (as were Wembley tickets).

Exactly. You'll get big demand for those games but if you buy in advance you'll get tickets for those games no problems. If you aren't prepared for these games now, then I really have no sympathy. They sell out every year, be prepared!

Greengrass
10th October 2007, 20:20

Do you want to swap jobs I work darn sarf all week including Fridays and every other Saturday so I can't go to finals then if you have your way. What next anyone who doesn't come to every home match be castrated and hung drawn and quartered outside the dole office.

Tallahassee
10th October 2007, 21:34
I agree,its great to see Classy Cas back in Superleague,they was unlucky to go down,but all the clubs agreed to Catalans get out of jail free card.