PDA

View Full Version : Status Quo to Ruin Grand Final again?

Div
9th October 2007, 01:11
Forget air horns do we have to listen to the same old medley of shite tunes after the final whistle again ?

Noticed the same stuff being played after Castleford won yesterday.

No imagination. No need.

Boring as F***.

For once I wish they played no music at all and left the winners be it us or Leeds to sing our songs. Too much to hope for I suppose.

roby lights up my senses
9th October 2007, 01:17
lmao ...queen all the way for me, loved it last year when dont stop me now came on then we are the champions, stayed behind for ages us lot :cool:

Div
9th October 2007, 01:21
...queen all the way for me, loved it last year when dont stop me now came on then we are the champions, stayed behind for ages us lot :cool:

Thats the nightmare scenario, only Meat Loaf could possibly make things worse.

DeKay
9th October 2007, 01:56
I think it should ALWAYS be we are the champions straight after the presentation. Nothing can beat singing it at full volume, it's the most satisfying song to lose your voice to.
It seems to have been absent from most presentations since wembley was closed. It either doesn't get played, or it only gets played after Rockin' All Over the World, Hi-Ho Silver Lining, Amarillo and countless other unrelated and inappropriate songs.

Noah Sleeroader
9th October 2007, 02:20

OMG NOOOOOOO!!!!!
status quid, queesy & muckloaf?
jeez! i'm frightened of sleeping in case i suffer nightmares. lol lol

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 09:35
Forget air horns do we have to listen to the same old medley of shite tunes after the final whistle again ?

No imagination. No need.

Boring as F***.

For once I wish they played no music at all and left the winners be it us or Leeds to sing our songs. Too much to hope for I suppose.

Your fighting a losing battle Div, the "new age fan" has taken hold and the powers that be tell us what to sing in our moment of glory.

Because of this, and as happened at Wembley, I shall watch whoever wins on Saturday pick up the trophy and then make a rapid exit to the pub for a pint while everyone else goes through the same tired boring predictable no imagination lap of honour they have been doing for 7 or 8 years.

Comical moment at Wembley was my Mrs saying, your being daft as we walked away from the stadium, how do you know what that it will be the same, just as "Rocking all over the world" started blasting out, closey followed by "We are the champions".

It's been happening for 8 years, it's old, it's tired, it's shocking it's sh1te.

Hopefully I will see The S pick up the pot, and then offski rapido to the pub and we can have our own celebration in the way WE want to.

alf wayliner
9th October 2007, 09:48
Yeah, especially if its "2 out 3 ain't bad"

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 09:55
Yeah, especially if its "2 out 3 ain't bad"

Very Good! lol Bit Saints Wouldn't do that!

Dom McCormack
9th October 2007, 10:14
Your fighting a losing battle Div, the "new age fan" has taken hold and the powers that be tell us what to sing in our moment of glory.

Because of this, and as happened at Wembley, I shall watch whoever wins on Saturday pick up the trophy and then make a rapid exit to the pub for a pint while everyone else goes through the same tired boring predictable no imagination lap of honour they have been doing for 7 or 8 years.

Comical moment at Wembley was my Mrs saying, your being daft as we walked away from the stadium, how do you know what that it will be the same, just as "Rocking all over the world" started blasting out, closey followed by "We are the champions".

It's been happening for 8 years, it's old, it's tired, it's shocking it's sh1te.

Hopefully I will see The S pick up the pot, and then offski rapido to the pub and we can have our own celebration in the way WE want to.

Couldn't agree more. Its a new game indeed and the way I look it is this, I was just fortunate enough to experience the times before the game 'sold its soul' to media marketing and PR men who frankly haven't got a clue and can't recognise what elements of the game ie. spirit and passion, create an atmosphere.

Mr Turncoat
9th October 2007, 10:36
Oh I dunno Div, the chance of hearing "Marching On Together" blasting out around Old Trafford amuses me greatly. Especially after the reaction of the stewards at Old Trafford when we won in 2004.

RedVee Admin
9th October 2007, 10:43
Woah, this is RedSky we're talking about, who played Simply The Best for Saints last year. IF the worst happens, I reckon all the Loiners will look pretty funny jigging to Wooly Bully...

the game 'sold its soul' to media marketing and PR men who frankly haven't got a clueMore accurately, the people who run Scottish Rugby Union matches.

bobble
9th October 2007, 10:59
If that happens it will be mildly irritating.

Ruin?????? oh dear.

You must have a very low tolerance threshold.

southernsaint7
9th October 2007, 11:07
I'm more worried about leeds ruining the grand final!! sod the music, if saints win I'll be too happy to care!

Kal-El
9th October 2007, 11:10
sod the music, if saints win I'll be too happy to care!

Spot on. As will I.:cool:

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 11:14
Spot on. As will I.:cool:

And that attitude is the reason that it has got worse each year. No complaints in the eyes of the marketing people = success.

Oh look at everyone waving there hands and clapping, let's play it again next final. :rolleyes: and 8 years on they are STILL playing the sh1te

RedVee Admin
9th October 2007, 11:18

No imagination. No need.

Boring as F***.

Here we go again, Div's soapbox is out... ;)

Sorry but you are in a minority in thinking this.

Consider this. At Wembley, why was there virtually NO singing at all at any point? Because the supporters were fragmented. Address that issue first and the congregated fans' noise will subsequently drown out any music being played.

But lets just say that on Saturday, the plug got pulled and there was NO music played at all, I'll guarantee that people will look at each other, say is that it? and wander off. They won't muster up a "war time spirit" and start a sing song.

By Monday morning, people will have bombarded this message board, the entertainers, the league express and so on, all saying the same thing. What happened to Status Frickin Quo.

Personally, I don't like Quo either and would love to never hear it again but having discussed this with you, you know I also do not believe for one moment that silence is the answer.

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 11:26
Judging by the vast numbers filtering out of Wembley rapido after KC had lifted the trophy, there are a fair few who think like Myself and Div.

Judging by the people you usually see in the ****hat.co.uk head gear clapping and singing along during the lap of honour at these things, it is not your normal away fans.

Kal-El
9th October 2007, 11:27
And that attitude is the reason that it has got worse each year. No complaints in the eyes of the marketing people = success.

Oh look at everyone waving there hands and clapping, let's play it again next final. :rolleyes: and 8 years on they are STILL playing the sh1te

So what mate.

I will be far to happy to listen to, or, give a sh!t what music is being played.

If you are too wrapped up in standing there with your pint in your hand and taking note of the music which is being played, then carry on, and the rest of us will just enjoy the moment.

It's not worth getting yourself upset about it, just put it out of your head and celebrate the fact that Saints have won yet another Grand Final.

Shakespeare
9th October 2007, 11:35
If the music is what we have to worry about, then im afraid we are far too spoilt for our own good.

Im more concered about our oppostition. If we get past Leeds, they can play what the feck they like Paul. Im happy to have another trophy in the bag and the chance to watch my team at the big stage again.

Focus your attention on something else when it plays. The Saints lifting the Super League (hopefully!), the next few beers to celebrate (Hopefully!), that nights good times with the good lady (;)) for celebrations sake! Possibly even dream of a Smiths Reunion. Dont let the music bother you though.

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 11:36
It's not worth getting yourself upset about it, just put it out of your head and celebrate the fact that Saints have won yet another Grand Final

Like I said, it will never change as long as people appear to agree with it.

We have our own songs, we have our own vocal tributes to our hero's, why do we need some kn0bjockey in Edinburgh tellling is which way we would celebrate.

At the very least, the people in charge should listen to researchers and play songs that have been adopted by fans so they can sing their versions.

How hard would it be to play, light up my senses, Saints go marching in, I love you baby, my old man etc etc, at least then it will not be your usual dust covered 20 great Cup Final Anthems CD

Wizards Sleeve
9th October 2007, 11:37

Bit unfair that blaming someones attitude for the powers that be playing music that you don't like. To be honest I don't care what they play if it helps the majority celebrate a Grand final win. Whether someone likes the music or not, the atmosphere is usually splendid. There's plenty of time after the match, on the way home and half way through the night to celebrate the way you'd want to.
To walk out of the stadium before the lap of honour doesn't half remind me of the Leeds fans last week and the Goons for many years. Think everyone should consider thanking the team for their efforts after the presentation instead of sulking because they don't like the music.
Let's face it, most of the Saints fans won't be joining in with the singing during the match when the team needs their support the most, so I fail to see why no music and just the fans singing will be 'better' after the match.

Kal-El
9th October 2007, 11:39

At the very least, the people in charge should listen to researchers and play songs that have been adopted by fans so they can sing their versions.

How hard would it be to play, light up my senses, Saints go marching in, I love you baby, my old man etc etc, at least then it will not be your usual dust covered 20 great Cup Final Anthems CD

I'm in agreement. However, it ain't gonna happen, so just enjoy the moment.

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 11:45
Think everyone should consider thanking the team for their efforts after the presentation instead of sulking because they don't like the music.

Nothing to do with sulking mate, I would love to be thanking the players, but I can't because bell hat next to me is singing rocking all over the feckin world. I am not bothered if there is music or none, just make the effort for it to be the right music if there is any.

If it is the same old crap I will cheer as every player picks up the trophy ( or hopefully not applaud the filth ), I wil chear as they walk away from the stage ( it should still be the walk up the steps for mine ), as soon as the celebrate how we tell you starts I am off to the pub!

Wizards Sleeve
9th October 2007, 12:04
Saint Bert you're a miserable old git. I think you should be forced to learn the words to Queen, Status Quo, Tina Turner and the rest. At least until the majority of our Cup Final fans know the words to to our own songs! ;)

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 12:21
Tina Turner

Was at a wedding reception the other month when the DJ played this "For all the Saints fans", the whopper seemed bemused as to why he was quite royaly told to go %$£ (*&*&^ you ^%$£$£ £"$$$" ^%$$£!

What was more amazing was some young girls who support Saints singing away to it in the corner. :???:

Tradition and history is lost on some people.

wellosgal
9th October 2007, 12:27

We have our own songs, we have our own vocal tributes to our hero's, why do we need some kn0bjockey in Edinburgh tellling is which way we would celebrate.

You light up my senses:eek: :eek: !!! I was told that it's sacrilege for FB to even think about singing that!!! lol
Damn - Looks like I'll never be FB!! ;) ;) lol lol

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 12:32
We sing it at the match, just not on the coach or in the Pubs before! ;-)

wellosgal
9th October 2007, 12:47
We sing it at the match, just not on the coach or in the Pubs before! ;-)

Right ok!! Just so I know!!! lol lol ;)

WIGANHATER
9th October 2007, 13:15
You light up my senses:eek: :eek: !!! I was told that it's sacrilege for FB to even think about singing that!!! lol
Damn - Looks like I'll never be FB!! ;) ;) lol lol

Care to expand on why you was told that?

Darryl Powell in disguise
9th October 2007, 13:30
A fair question would be simply ask the players what they would prefer after winning the Grand Final. Would they want to parade the trophy in front of 20,000 Saints speccies singing a fine rendition of 'Oh when the Saints', The players own songs etc etc or would they rather see the fans drowned out and continue their lap of honour to Rock m'therf'ckng DJ?.

I think I know which they'd prefer.

Wizards Sleeve
9th October 2007, 13:44
Was at a wedding reception the other month when the DJ played this "For all the Saints fans", the whopper seemed bemused as to why he was quite royaly told to go %$£ (*&*&^ you ^%$£$£ £"$$$" ^%$$£!

This is something else that bothers me. Tina Turner sings a song about a bloke who was simply the best. At the time when the scummers were good, they started playing it at Goon games. They haven't got the right to call this their song. The song befits anyone or any team that is 'simply the best'.

This is not Wiggins song, nor will it ever be. Seem to be disagreeing with everything you say today Al and for that I apologise. But where does it say that the song belongs to those arseholes? It's not even a song their fans sing, except when joining in when played on the tannoy.

No, they only have the one song. It involves limp wrists and is a song that I will never be tempted to join in even when ••••ed up at a wedding.

wellosgal
9th October 2007, 13:47
Care to expand on why you was told that?

I got told by one of the "FB" girls who stood with her arms folded shaking her head when it was being sung. Something to do with The Gerrard starting the song and FB dont sing it!!!
Is that expanded enough?? I can give you names, dates and times if you like!!! lol ;)

Div
9th October 2007, 13:55
Here we go again, Div's soapbox is out... ;)

Sorry but you are in a minority in thinking this.

Consider this. At Wembley, why was there virtually NO singing at all at any point? Because the supporters were fragmented. Address that issue first and the congregated fans' noise will subsequently drown out any music being played.

But lets just say that on Saturday, the plug got pulled and there was NO music played at all, I'll guarantee that people will look at each other, say is that it? and wander off. They won't muster up a "war time spirit" and start a sing song.

By Monday morning, people will have bombarded this message board, the entertainers, the league express and so on, all saying the same thing. What happened to Status Frickin Quo.

Personally, I don't like Quo either and would love to never hear it again but having discussed this with you, you know I also do not believe for one moment that silence is the answer.

If we concede that maybe they need to play something ( and I dont particularly) then why is it always the same ? Its like Groundhog Day.These people are stealing money

WIGANHATER
9th October 2007, 13:56
I got told by one of the "FB" girls who stood with her arms folded shaking her head when it was being sung. Something to do with The Gerrard starting the song and FB dont sing it!!!
Is that expanded enough?? I can give you names, dates and times if you like!!! lol ;)

Just what I thought - because it was made up by lads from the Gerard.

Is it just me or is that pathetic?

Div
9th October 2007, 13:57

That is a fallacy. I think one or two people may have got that into their head but the reality is 99% sing it.I think any FB / Gerard rivalry is a nonsense.We stand together all the time.

wellosgal
Just what I thought - because it was made up by lads from the Gerard.

Is it just me or is that pathetic?

Nope not just you, It's pathetic!!!! lol lol

Wellensisno1
If we concede that maybe they need to play something ( and I dont particularly) then why is it always the same ? Its like Groundhog Day.These people are stealing money

Maybe its becuase we have been to every major final in the last two years?

If we stopped winning everything in site on a regular basis maybe the novelty wouldn't have worn off?:???: ;)

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 14:00
This is something else that bothers me. Tina Turner sings a song about a bloke who was simply the best. At the time when the scummers were good, they started playing it at Goon games. They haven't got the right to call this their song. The song befits anyone or any team that is 'simply the best'.

This is not Wiggins song, nor will it ever be. Seem to be disagreeing with everything you say today Al and for that I apologise. But where does it say that the song belongs to those arseholes? It's not even a song their fans sing, except when joining in when played on the tannoy.

No, they only have the one song. It involves limp wrists and is a song that I will never be tempted to join in even when ••••ed up at a wedding.

Blah blah blah, try telling any of that to ANY Saints fan from the 80's and see what response you get.

At the time they were playing music to gee their own fans up, because they were that sh1te they couldn't do it themselves, that song typified everything that was hated about Wigan and it will be recognised as nothing more than a symbol of what they ONCE were. It was their song in my eyes and always will be.

The Chair Maker
9th October 2007, 14:02
Simply the best is for me "the RL anthem" its got nothing whatsoever to do with wigan.

When the NSWRL did the Tina Turner promo most RL clubs were playing the tune.

Some people associate it with Wigan becasue they were winning everything in sight and it got played at all trophy presentations.

Personally have nothing against hearing "Simply the best " or "We are the champions" .

I think in part the reason some people are getting fed up with hearing the song, is in fact down to being a symptom of our success. The other part being that they simply dont rate Status Quo.

I personally am sick of hearing "this is the road to amarillo" , as what was a good crooner song, has been ruined by becoming associated with tacky disco/wedding parties.

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 14:03
If we stopped winning everything in site on a regular basis maybe the novelty wouldn't have worn off?:???: ;)

Nope. I remember the first GF win at OT, the look around the FB of what the feck is going on as the songs that had nothing to do with Saints whatsoever started blaring out was a sight.

Anyway, each to their own, as soon as the pot is lifted, either side, i'll be each to my own pint of Carling in The Trafford awaiting everyone else, and if Wembley is anything to go by, there will be quite a few joining me.

Div
9th October 2007, 14:04
Maybe its becuase we have been to every major final in the last two years?

2 years ? Bo11ocks !! That routine has been used for the last DECADE not only at RL occasions but every major football final too.

PS I watched Saints for 20 seasons before we won anything worth celebrating. Believe me, winning the cup and /or Championship will NEVER wear off for me.

The only people getting bored are those who no nothing other than Saints winning.

Wellensisno1
9th October 2007, 14:09
2 years ? Bo11ocks !! That routine has been used for the last DECADE not only at RL occasions but every major football final too.

I think its every major sporting event in this country. Same old tunes.

Sean Day
9th October 2007, 14:11
We can't be having it too bad as a club when this is all we can have a moan atlol

bobble
9th October 2007, 14:13
Yes, why can't we all turn the clock backto 80s? Oh dear.

When all is said and done, t'is but a small thing. So what if someone wears a bell hat? Big deal, at least it's not hurting anyone.

The more people in one place enjoying an occasion there is an inevitable 'dumming down'. Lowest common denominator rules.

That's just life. It's not just RL.

Three things that can genuinely 'ruin' my day:
1) Saints not putting in a great effort
2) An air horn in my ear
3) Overly drunk people being a pain.

Everything else are but minor irritations.

Sadfish
9th October 2007, 14:15
I stay to cheer the team around and off the pitch or thank them if they lose for a tough season.

I don't stay because of the music.

Wizards Sleeve
9th October 2007, 14:18
Blah blah blah, try telling any of that to ANY Saints fan from the 80's and see what response you get.

At the time they were playing music to gee their own fans up, because they were that sh1te they couldn't do it themselves, that song typified everything that was hated about Wigan and it will be recognised as nothing more than a symbol of what they ONCE were. It was their song in my eyes and always will be.

But Wigan fans don't sing it so how can it be their song? They used to play it after they won stuff and the fans would join in. Like every other sporting club that has won anything, anywhere in the world, since the song was released in the 80's. This song is linked with success. Not Wigan! Well not anymore anyway.. lol

alf wayliner
9th October 2007, 14:42
Nope. I remember the first GF win at OT, the look around the FB of what the feck is going on as the songs that had nothing to do with Saints whatsoever started blaring out was a sight.
The FB was at the 99 GF?

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 14:45
Well a big chunk of what WAS the first FB was there, we just went on the train. ;-)

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 14:54
Yes, why can't we all turn the clock backto 80s? Oh dear.

When all is said and done, t'is but a small thing. So what if someone wears a bell hat? Big deal, at least it's not hurting anyone.

The more people in one place enjoying an occasion there is an inevitable 'dumming down'. Lowest common denominator rules.

That's just life. It's not just RL.

Three things that can genuinely 'ruin' my day:
1) Saints not putting in a great effort
2) An air horn in my ear
3) Overly drunk people being a pain.

Everything else are but minor irritations.

Nothing but Saints losing would ruin the day, although that coach driver from Liverpool did a fecking good job last year.

There are just things that take a shine off it.

1: People mithering for you to sit down ALL the time, if you don't get excited to the point you stand up at a GF then there ain't much hope for any other match.

2: The people who don't go to away matches complaining about anyone and everything around them, too loud, too much beer, stand up too much, the flags are too big, ooohhh the language etc etc

3: The bag in a box post match.

4: The idiot who booked a christening for Sunday :eek:

5: Robbo's soapbox, Merv's crying, Coley Jnr's mither ;)

bobble
9th October 2007, 15:28
3: The bag in a box post match.

Eh?

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 15:34
Eh?

The post match pre-arranged music/celebration, organised by someone to "supposedly" fit any event for any team, which in fact fits none.

Mr Turncoat
9th October 2007, 15:44
Seeing as I was responsible for it at Headingley after the Castleford game on Sunday night all I will say is it's a new experience for the Hillbilly scumbags, they haven't reached the Millennium yet in downtown Cas Vegas. ;)

As for stealing money, I have a trip to South America to pay for so I don't care. I just do what I am told to do.

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 15:48
As for stealing money, I have a trip to South America to pay for so I don't care. I just do what I am told to do.

Rather than doing what you know you should be doing. Think that is the point Mat, don't notice anywhere on her someoen having a pop at the people doing there jobs playing the sh1te, it is the people upstairs who think it all up that is the problem

Mr Turncoat
9th October 2007, 15:52
Rather than doing what you know you should be doing. Think that is the point Mat, don't notice anywhere on her someoen having a pop at the people doing there jobs playing the sh1te, it is the people upstairs who think it all up that is the problem
True, I had a celebration play list with Rocking All Over The World, Don't Stop Me Now, Hi-Ho Silver Lining and Amarillo on it. Good job I was prepared and had "We Are The Champions" on a different disc.

alf wayliner
9th October 2007, 16:01
4: The idiot who booked a christening for Sunday :eek:

Happened twice to me with the kids, told Mrs W. Do not book any thing during the season or there may be a chance I won't be there, what did she do, arrange for both christenings on matchdays. This even applied when our Shaun was born, after a prolonged labour he eventually popped out mid Saturday morning. I did the ring arounds and after a couple of hours the bell rang for the end of visiting time, "see you tomorrow then" said Mrs W, "err, no" I replied, "Saints are away at Leeds!, See you Monday! bye"

5: Robbo's soapbox, Merv's crying, Coley Jnr's mither ;)

Ahh the holy trinity, a veritable triumvirate to tax any right thinking person! I am now officially looking forward to Saturday, fancy dress, bad back and all!!!

RedVee Admin
9th October 2007, 16:08
I have used my influence to attempt to change playlists. I got a result as Oh When The Saints was played at the Challenge Cup Semi. And shortly thereafter, Div got his soapbox out as he believed it was the wrong speed. FFS!

Trev The Bear
9th October 2007, 16:10
We all need a group hug or a game of naked twister!

Mr Turncoat
9th October 2007, 16:12
We all need a group hug or a game of naked twister!
Or watch Garvey throw her phone off the barge again.

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 16:14
http://www.nemoclub.ru/img/Scuba%20diver%20using%20cell%20phone%20underwater. jpg

Trev The Bear
9th October 2007, 16:17
What network is she on? H2o??

Saints-Crusaders
9th October 2007, 16:19
Oh I dunno Div, the chance of hearing "Marching On Together" blasting out around Old Trafford amuses me greatly. Especially after the reaction of the stewards at Old Trafford when we won in 2004.

Can't think of your own song then :???: having to hijack the Leeds United football song ;)

Mr Turncoat
9th October 2007, 16:42
Can't think of your own song then :???: having to hijack the Leeds United football song ;)
Anything that upsets the stewards at Old Trafford is good enough for me.

I tell you what, even the Flatcappers (Fev Fans) were singing it at Headingley on Sunday at the NL2 Play Off Final.

Div
9th October 2007, 16:46
I have used my influence to attempt to change playlists. I got a result as Oh When The Saints was played at the Challenge Cup Semi. And shortly thereafter, Div got his soapbox out as he believed it was the wrong speed. FFS!

Well I can sing it without the aid of a record AND start it correctly lol

Div
9th October 2007, 16:47
What network is she on? H2o??

Do roaming contracts cover under water as well ?;)

RedVee Admin
9th October 2007, 17:12
Has anyone told Cliff that Senses is a Sheffield United song? ;)

Saints-Crusaders
9th October 2007, 17:17
Has anyone told Cliff that Senses is a Sheffield United song? ;)

Maybe so, but not the amended version ;) ..... whereas the Rhinos sing the original Marching on Together.

Anyway, i thought Senses was a John Denver song :???:

saint-hamlett
9th October 2007, 17:19
(claps hands sarcastically!!!! while sayin "well derrrrr!")

saint claire
9th October 2007, 19:16
Or watch Garvey throw her phone off the barge again.
:o cheers!

Mr Turncoat
9th October 2007, 20:21
:o cheers!
That's alright, no problem. Don't get your phone out while you're on it this year

mister chuffy
9th October 2007, 21:03
I ain't arsed about the post match bollocks, Queen, Meatloaf, or Jeff whatsisname who sings "hi ho silver lining". My brother-in-law is getting wed again (in Scotland, not Gretna tho), daft git. This means i have to miss the GF due to this oversight on his part. Iam NOT pleased about this lack of regard for the things that are important in life. I suppose i can get pi**ed to drown my depression.

the_messiah_saint
9th October 2007, 23:20
Went to a wedding last year on GF day got invited to another on saturday of all days told the missus I not missing this years GF she said we wont get our deposits back:saint:

LOL

the priest
9th October 2007, 23:24
None of the songs they play would be my desert island discs. However, if Saints lose I will be walking out of OT wishing I was inside singing Rockin all over the f@cking world.

Steward Saint
10th October 2007, 01:28
I think it should ALWAYS be we are the champions straight after the presentation. Nothing can beat singing it at full volume, it's the most satisfying song to lose your voice to.
It seems to have been absent from most presentations since wembley was closed. It either doesn't get played, or it only gets played after Rockin' All Over the World, Hi-Ho Silver Lining, Amarillo and countless other unrelated and inappropriate songs.

Damn Right, Rocking All Over The World may have had some relevance at the world club challenge i'll grant you.
Lord knows i long for the days of we are the champions being that i am a massive queen fan. Sick of hearing Amarillo, Sliver Lining & 500 Miles.

RedVee Admin
10th October 2007, 02:20
Anyway, i thought Senses was a John Denver song :???:
Maybe so but he's dead so I don't expect him to come here complaining.

maledon
10th October 2007, 02:41
None of the songs they play would be my desert island discs. However, if Saints lose I will be walking out of OT wishing I was inside singing Rockin all over the f@cking world.

Not seen you back confirming your daft score in the Fighter pilot hand eye co-ordination training thread.:o :o

Do we have a liar?? Ohhhhhhh yes!

maledon
10th October 2007, 02:43
Not seen you back confirming your daft score in the Fighter pilot hand eye co-ordination training thread.:o :o

Do we have a liar?? Ohhhhhhh yes!

I won't let it drop till you admit you are a liar!

wellosgal
10th October 2007, 09:49
That is a fallacy. I think one or two people may have got that into their head but the reality is 99% sing it.I think any FB / Gerard rivalry is a nonsense.We stand together all the time.

I know that!! Try telling some people though!!! lol :eek:

RedVee Admin
10th October 2007, 10:55
Nope, you were told wrong.

Don't need names, I can guess. Just goes to show how acute her FB knowledge is tho as you will soon see...

Just what I thought - because it was made up by lads from the Gerard. Is it just me or is that pathetic?
Totally. However, if the person who told Wellosgal knew what she was on about, she'd know that Senses was conceived on a Paris trip. ie before the Funbus was born. What's more, back in those days, the FB was the nickname of Gerard bus 1 (correct me if I'm wrong Saint Bert).

THEREFORE: Senses is, by virtue of it's origin, the song of the Father of the Funbus and so not seperate at all but related. If that makes sense.

I'll concede that I do not join in and say ooh nooo this is a Gerard song but it's totally tongue in cheek, it's more a case of I can't sing it in key and end up hurting my throat. If someone has observed me and taken it as being the law of the FB then more fool them.

bobble
10th October 2007, 11:08
So you wont sing a rowdy team supporting song amongst a big group of people if it's not in your key.

mmmmmmmmmmm

Well it gave me a laugh

Saint Bert
10th October 2007, 11:28
Totally. However, if the person who told Wellosgal knew what she was on about, she'd know that Senses was conceived on a Paris trip. ie before the Funbus was born. What's more, back in those days, the FB was the nickname of Gerard bus 1 (correct me if I'm wrong Saint Bert).

60% of the first FB used to go with The Gerard, Dave Howarth used to put all of us onto the same bus, one day I just said as two coaches pulled up with no numbers on, "which one is The Fun Bus". The name stuck after we got left in Leeds after a match ( Not Howarths fault I add ) and I decided to run my own coach to Cas a fortnight later.

07/05/2000

Perhaps this is why people still get confused when saying people from Daves coaches are FB, usually if someone is misbehaving :confused:

RedVee Admin
10th October 2007, 11:56
So you wont sing a rowdy team supporting song amongst a big group of people if it's not in your key.

mmmmmmmmmmm

Well it gave me a laugh
And therefore tears my throat apart (not literally). As I am employed in a job where I have to speak fluently and clearly, I'll not take the chance of screwing my voice up. Thanks for your concern anyway.

wellosgal
10th October 2007, 12:07
Nope, you were told wrong.

Don't need names, I can guess. Just goes to show how acute her FB knowledge is tho as you will soon see...

THEREFORE: Senses is, by virtue of it's origin, the song of the Father of the Funbus and so not seperate at all but related. If that makes sense.

I'll concede that I do not join in and say ooh nooo this is a Gerard song but it's totally tongue in cheek, it's more a case of I can't sing it in key and end up hurting my throat. If someone has observed me and taken it as being the law of the FB then more fool them.

I know all this!! Gaz has told me 453 times!!! lol lol

RedVee Admin
10th October 2007, 12:19
So now you know 454 times. :D

Scouse Don
10th October 2007, 12:40
Bit late on this post but personally-dont give a sh*t what they play after the game so long as they play it for US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Syd
10th October 2007, 14:48
Timmy Mallet and the itsy bitsy teeny weenie, yellow polka dot bikini is the rendition we should have blasted out. Sort it out Stew, get onto the big wigs who get these big gigs ok.