PDA

View Full Version : We're watching the GF down under

Red_V_Roger
8th October 2007, 23:43
So here's my plan....

Got enough Holiday Inn points to stay at the Crowne Plaza in Sydney Darling Harbour.

Going to scout round to see if anywhere has it on - may be 24 hr Sports Bar in Kings Cross or Prymont Hotel.

If not, the Crowne Plaza has Fox Sports 3 in the rooms, so I'll watch it in bed with a Tooheys!

Sorry in advance to the persons in the next room for the noise at 3AM.

BUT If any Saints fans in Sydney have a better idea, please post it or PM me !

saint hooper
9th October 2007, 09:25
Try the irish bar Scruffy Murphy's

Red_V_Roger
9th October 2007, 23:51
Try the irish bar Scruffy Murphy's

Thanks mate that looks good... and just off Cunningham Street - must be a sign.

http://www.compad.com.au/cms/scruffy_murphys/control/upImages/map.jpg

STOP PRESS: NOW CONFIRMED BY E-MAIL SCRUFFY MURPHY'S ARE SHOWING GF BEFORE ENGLAND V FRANCE RU

Notice that its almost on George Street - may be that'll stop the dictators (sorry moderators) on here deleting my thread.

Agent Mulder
10th October 2007, 23:21
Thanks mate that looks good... and just off Cunningham Street - must be a sign.

http://www.compad.com.au/cms/scruffy_murphys/control/upImages/map.jpg

STOP PRESS: NOW CONFIRMED BY E-MAIL SCRUFFY MURPHY'S ARE SHOWING GF BEFORE ENGLAND V FRANCE RU

Notice that its almost on George Street - may be that'll stop the dictators (sorry moderators) on here deleting my thread.

And not far from CUNNINGHAM ST. lol ;)

Ell Saint Blues
11th October 2007, 13:25
I've an Aussie friend in Sydney who is Saints mad. Lives in Lane Cove and will be watching the match with some Leeds fans, if you want his email address or mobile no, send me a PM.

adelaide-giant.no9
11th October 2007, 17:38
i cannot believe i will be staying up to watch this game :eek: :eek: , but i did have a small wager with oldham rhino lol lol , and hopefully steeplejack will be bringing some more beerlol lol lol

steeplejack-reconstructed
12th October 2007, 06:35
i cannot believe i will be staying up to watch this game :eek: :eek: , but i did have a small wager with oldham rhino lol lol , and hopefully steeplejack will be bringing some more beerlol lol lol

Ok, what flavour this time?

adelaide-giant.no9
12th October 2007, 06:56
Ok, what flavour this time?

anything :???: , we will need loads to help celebrate the footy and rugby victorieslol lol lol lol , i will be drunk anyway by the time you get here:o :o

12th October 2007, 06:57
Try Cheers Bar 561 George St. It's a little further back towards Circular Quay than SM, Nearly on the corner of Liverpool St (steady St Bert). I've been in there but it's 10 years ago but judging by Adelaide, the same old suspects will still be there.
There was another reasonable sports bar on Elizabeth St but I'm not sure if it was on the junction with King St or Martin Place.

I suppose the the obvious one is the Oneworld Sports Bar in Daring Harbour itself. On the corner of Liverpool St & Harbour St next to Tumbalong Park. The Entertainment Centre is close at hand.

12th October 2007, 07:02
anything :???: , we will need loads to help celebrate the footy and rugby victorieslol lol lol lol , i will be drunk anyway by the time you get here:o :o

I better not go to Motorhead then! If I have to rely on myself getting the last train, I'll have no chance. I'll not only get harrassed by the locals, the abbo's 'll try to steal my grog! then where woould we be;)

Red_V_Roger
12th October 2007, 08:27
The Tooheys is flowing....then beat the frogs as well - oh what a night:saint:

adelaide-giant.no9
13th October 2007, 08:14
The Tooheys is flowing....then beat the frogs as well - oh what a night:saint:

and england beat estonialol

adelaide-giant.no9
13th October 2007, 18:00
after a few sherbets here in adelaide , steeplejack and charlie.no9 have had a few too many and cannot wait for the game to start :mad:

Scoop
15th October 2007, 08:33
well it looks like I logged on too late. I didnt know there was potential for a Sydney Saints fans meet up for the GF. I'll have to keep in touch for Roger!... The squad still has a few finals left in it yet, its not all doom and gloom!!

Red_V_Roger
15th October 2007, 23:55
Just an update - an excellent night was has at 'Cheers Bar' Kings Cross, Sydney

No problems getting in and they had it on two screens (no sound :( ) meet up with two other Saints fans and one Leeds guy - sorry I forgot your names:o

Think there was more fighting outside Cheers bar than Old Trafford. Really funny to see little Chinese guy trying to take on big maurie bouncers!

Till next year...