PDA

View Full Version : Air horns to ruin atmosphere again?

saintjames
8th October 2007, 18:35
At last years GF I am sure there were signs banning Air Horns inside the stadium.........clearly this wasn't enforced and horns were going off all over the place. Totally ruined the atmosphere IMO. Hope this year is different!

BlackRaven
8th October 2007, 18:44
I know I was ill with headache from it last year, but I doubt that it will be any different this year so am taking plenty of pills.

saintly
8th October 2007, 19:05
my 8 yr old nephew was deaf in 1 ear for a month after last years final someone deliberately souded an air horn down his ear, i hope they wont be sellin them again this year, it just wrecks the atmosphere, watchin the match on tv afterwards all you could hear was them bloody horns

Mr Turncoat
8th October 2007, 20:18
I know some Leeds fans have similar feelings.

Ban them.

Steward Saint
8th October 2007, 20:29
my 8 yr old nephew was deaf in 1 ear for a month after last years final someone deliberately souded an air horn down his ear, i hope they wont be sellin them again this year, it just wrecks the atmosphere, watchin the match on tv afterwards all you could hear was them bloody horns

Similar thing happened to me, can't see them banning them as people always seem to find a way of getting them in. Completely wrecked the atmosphere couldn't hear what my mate sat next to me was saying.

Anyone puts one near me this year they gonna get a slap in da face !!

welshsaint
8th October 2007, 20:47
At last years GF I am sure there were signs banning Air Horns inside the stadium.........clearly this wasn't enforced and horns were going off all over the place. Totally ruined the atmosphere IMO. Hope this year is different!

Having had to sit out a match in a side room... due to the noise busting an eardrum.......have emailed OT to ask what the procedure is if air-horn-blowing-numptees break the rules.

Who knows I may get a reply

The Verminator
8th October 2007, 20:59
They'll be there. Sadly, they are part and parcel of final day.

Cedarman
8th October 2007, 21:40
They'll be there. Sadly, they are part and parcel of final day.

...................unlike Wigan lol lol

saintpen
8th October 2007, 22:12
They are banned this year

Agent Mulder
8th October 2007, 22:26
Air horns at OT are banned this year at the request of Super League. It is on the Saints official site. Yipeeeeeeee

Blobbynator
8th October 2007, 22:30
http://www.saintsrlfc.com/news/613

saintly
8th October 2007, 22:33
woo thank god for that!!

lets hope stewards enforce it!!

BlackRaven
8th October 2007, 23:09
If I remember rightly, they were banned last year too. But it didn't stop them.

RedVee Admin
8th October 2007, 23:38
It's the pricks selling the horns on the streets outside that need banning.

No sellers, no horns, no problem.

Saint Bert
9th October 2007, 09:41
Can we ban after match music also.

Make our own celebrations.

I would rather have the kids enjoying themselves with the horns than some production co telling some poor geezer he has to play the usual sh1te once a side has won

RedVee Admin
9th October 2007, 10:55
If I sing and make noise or simply listen to my peers singing and making noise, I can igniore a music system.

A retarded family of ****s sat behind me for 80 mins telling me to sit down as I'm spoiling their view [excuse me pal I am sat down as much as possible, I'm six foot four and so do not fit into a seat designed for a dwarf mancunian], whilst incessantly blowing their damn air horns, I cannot ignore.

Save for my mild mannered janitor temperament, I would have Hong Kong Fooeyed the glory hunting 2001 shirt wearing arseholes.

I grew to hate every moment of last years Grand Final; by the time kick off arrived I would have gladly gone home.

bobble
9th October 2007, 11:12
This year I'm going armed with a pair of ear plugs just in case. These things can permanently damage your hearing.

Banning is one thing, enforcement is another.

WIGANHATER
9th October 2007, 13:23
A retarded family of ****s sat behind me for 80 mins telling me to sit down as I'm spoiling their view [excuse me pal I am sat down as much as possible, I'm six foot four and so do not fit into a seat designed for a dwarf mancunian], whilst incessantly blowing their damn air horns, I cannot ignore.

Should have done what I did - quickly remove the seat i front of you with a firm right boot. Plenty of knee room then.

I was being moaned at to sit down but having long legs I simply couldn't.

Money grabbing rags squeezing as many seats in a possible. :rolleyes:

As for the air horns. I think they were banned from Wembley too. If they weren't banned I don't think I heard many unlike previous finals.

wellosgal
9th October 2007, 13:52
Should have done what I did - quickly remove the seat i front of you with a firm right boot. Plenty of knee room then.

I was being moaned at to sit down but having long legs I simply couldn't.

Money grabbing rags squeezing as many seats in a possible. :rolleyes:

As for the air horns. I think they were banned from Wembley too. If they weren't banned I don't think I heard many unlike previous finals.

I was sat near you when you did that!! I thought it was a bit of a stupid thing to do!!! :eek:
Just my opinion though!! ;)

WIGANHATER
9th October 2007, 13:53
I was sat near you when you did that!! I thought it was a bit of a stupid thing to do!!! :eek:
Just my opinion though!! ;)

Sorry. But at least I could sit down!

wellosgal
9th October 2007, 13:56
Sorry. But at least I could sit down!

No need to apologise!! lol ;)