PDA

View Full Version : A plea for Saturdays game

saint yick
8th October 2007, 18:26
After having last years Grand Final nearly ruined by someone so drunk he couldnt stand up, is it possible for a bit of restraint before the game to ensure there is no repeat of some of the antics at last years final, sorry if I sound like an old fart but this guy really did cause problems which resulted in someone giving him a right good thumping. And also ditch those bloody air horns as well!

Barbarian
8th October 2007, 18:28
Dont you think you should tell this guy personally? rather than making all Saints fans look like alcoholic yobs.

saint yick
8th October 2007, 18:50
Dont know the guy and I wasnt painting all saints fans as drunken yobs, but there was problems last year and it did spoil the occasion for those affected

bongo
8th October 2007, 19:20
we had a similar prob at wembley. constant standin up n down while a group of about 5 trailed to the bar non stop:rolleyes:

ploughman
8th October 2007, 19:26
they spend all the first half going to the bar non stop.all the second half going to the toilet non stop.then try and tell you gardner was crap when they didnt even see the whole game.

Shakespeare
8th October 2007, 19:29
we had a similar prob at wembley. constant standin up :rolleyes:

I had a similar problem in Mexico in '86.

the_messiah_saint
8th October 2007, 19:30
I had a similar problem in Mexico in '86.

lol shakes like that onelol

DD
8th October 2007, 19:36
we had a similar prob at wembley. constant standin up n down while a group of about 5 trailed to the bar non stop:rolleyes:

Shocking behaviour. They should just have ten pints before the game like us normal people then they wouldn't have to keep going to the bar. :D

bongo
8th October 2007, 19:39
sycophant

Shakespeare
8th October 2007, 19:45
sycophant

A noun meaning 'a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.'

Saints Twin
8th October 2007, 19:45
Not sure if I should go or not now! Would hate to enjoy myself and spoil it for others (probably those that never go to a game unless it is a final!!) ;)

bongo
8th October 2007, 19:50
almost, good try

saint yick
8th October 2007, 19:51
been a season ticket holder for 25 years mate, as are my wife and 2 of my kids so dont give me any of that cobblers. I work at Old Trafford on match days and there were more ejected from the stadium at last years final than at the football and if thats something that rests easy with you then you need to look at yourself

Reacher
8th October 2007, 19:59
been a season ticket holder for 25 years mate, as are my wife and 2 of my kids so dont give me any of that cobblers. I work at Old Trafford on match days and there were more ejected from the stadium at last years final than at the football and if thats something that rests easy with you then you need to look at yourself

Correct. 55 arrests to be precise. The time of the game lends itself to more drunken people. Myself and mates last year had been out since 12 and were very merry to say the least by kick off. We are all decent lads and obviously were just happy but I can see how others would react differently if they had been drinking all day too.

Have nothing against people enjoying themselves and I think it adds to a better atmosphere but some people do go too far and spoil it for others. Also, I actually think that air horns are superb for atmosphere when used correctly and not directly in someones ear.

ploughman
8th October 2007, 20:02
37 yrs ive been going,theres 5 season tickets in our house.i enjoy a drink as much as the next man,but some people think if you dont take a drink your not having a good time.
what saint yick is on about is people who get so drunk at matches they make it unbearable for others around them.a little consideration goes a long way.

bongo
8th October 2007, 20:03
here here

St Michael
8th October 2007, 20:09

Agreed.

Talking to a bobby on the way out, he told us that there had been more problems and arrests than at an average football match.

We had what we thought were great seats but spent most of the game trying to see past people who were either going the the bars or toilets or, worse, just standing in front of us for a look at the action whilst on their way out.

I love a pint personally, but I just don't see the sense in missing most of the game through being smashed or suffering from a bursting bladder.

Having paid good money to watch the match, that's exactly what I want to do, without bothering anyone else or having my enjoyment spoiled.

roby lights up my senses
8th October 2007, 20:26
there were 2 men sat infront of me last year smoking weed :eek: how they never got kicked out is past me, because you could smell it a mile off and we were sat by the stairs with a steward on :rolleyes: plus there was children around aswell.

Steward Saint
8th October 2007, 20:35
Disappointing i make sure to by topped up in the local drinking establishment before i get in there: still theres the odd pint when the games on but then theres the people that seem to be only there for the beer, who i dont know as it extortionate most of the time.

Tallahassee
8th October 2007, 21:24
Drunken people are a great laugh,especially when they fall over and hurt themselves:D....Tickles me every time.

Scouse Don
8th October 2007, 23:29
Listen fella's I have a prawn sandwich ticket for saturday........leave the drunken behaviour to the Yorkies so that I can slag them off to the big wigs from Red Hall.I will be maintaining standards for all our supporters.it's a sh*t job but someone' got to do it !!!!!!!