PDA

View Full Version : So who's it going to be ...

Legolas
5th October 2007, 11:37
Wigan by 2 for me,

although i hope Leeds give Wigan a good hiding and the butchers bill is HUGE!

Syd
5th October 2007, 11:39
Leeds, home advantage, trumpets and drums, Stevo cheering em on.
Leeds by 6

daves
5th October 2007, 11:47
Everything is in Leeds favour but,with Wigan on a roll,who knows.I'll go for Leeds to edge it by 6 or 8 points.Would be nice,though,to see this one go to extra time and maybe even onto the golden point.

Gerry Mander
5th October 2007, 11:56
Burrows and McGuire to put some points past them.

Bailey to to give his namesake a good hiding.

Kylie Lilo to give Millard the retirement present he deserves.

If Hock and O'Loughlin get put in row Z then some much the better.

Let's hope for a nice clean game ;)

Div
5th October 2007, 12:02
Leeds by 16

Trev The Bear
5th October 2007, 12:05
Leeds by 16
I'll go with that,hope they knock lumps out of each other for 80 minutes though!

Syd
5th October 2007, 12:12
I'll go with that,hope they knock lumps out of each other for 80 minutes though!

This is the main thing, a real slugfest. A real tug o war. A real smash em up. A real brutal mortal combat session. A real •••fest.
I cannot be assed with a tense and tight GF, I want it over at HT and make sure I get an ale this time before the mancs sell out agian.

Blobbynator
5th October 2007, 12:18
I reckon we'll be playing Leeds.

Square in the Air
5th October 2007, 12:24
Honestly thought Wigan would turn both Bradford and then Hull over ... just one too many games for them this time. Especially with Leeds getting the week off. If wigan do win they really will fancy it in the final but have a feeling we would take them to the cleaners ... running on empty. Leeds however will give us a run for our money and probably feel they should have pinched it at KR.

oh anyway answering the question ... Leeds lol

OoOGazOoO
5th October 2007, 12:24
Leeds to hammer them.

Div
5th October 2007, 12:26

Amen Bro

bobble
5th October 2007, 12:34
The pressure is on Leeds.

Wigan have nothing to lose as they've already done better than anyone thought they would. If they lose tonight Noble can still declare they've had a good season.

Leeds are the team with everything to prove tonight.

SaintsDavid
5th October 2007, 12:38
The pressure is on Leeds.

Wigan have nothing to lose as they've already done better than anyone thought they would. If they lose tonight Noble can still declare they've had a good season.

Leeds are the team with everything to prove tonight.

Course they do, a grand final spot...

All those other games will mean naff all if they dont win tonight.

southernsaint7
5th October 2007, 13:14
hopefully leeds by one, coming back from about 16 down, scoring a DG in the last minute to really break wigans hearts, would make my day!!!

Trev The Bear
5th October 2007, 13:16
hopefully leeds by one, coming back from about 16 down, scoring a DG in the last minute to really break wigans hearts, would make my day!!!
You,my friend are ruthless.....love it!lol

Sean Day
5th October 2007, 13:34
I think it will go one of two ways:

Scenario 1 - Wigan or Leeds winning a close game

Scenario 2 - Leeds winning comfortably with Wigan running on empty.

Pretty obvious I know, but I just can't make my mind up which one will come to fruition

Blobbynator
5th October 2007, 13:37
If it's close, I've just got a feeling Leeds will bottle it. I think it'll be option 2.

Div
5th October 2007, 13:37
I think it will go one of two ways:

Scenario 1 - Wigan or Leeds winning a close game

Scenario 2 - Leeds winning comfortably with Wigan running on empty.

Pretty obvious I know, but I just can't make my mind up which one will come to fruition

Well I think you have everything covered there !! lol

Sean Day
5th October 2007, 13:39
Well I think you have everything covered there !! lol

Apart from an easy win for Wigan! The point I'm (badly) trying to make is that it wouldn't be surprising to see either scenario even though they are both completely different

Barbarian
5th October 2007, 13:41
Im going tonight and cant decide which end I want to stand in. Goin with a Wiganer though so probs end up with pies. Doesnt mean I have to cheer for them though. :confused:

NortonSaint
5th October 2007, 14:28
Not really bothered who wins tonight, I'm just going to sit back with a few tinnies and enjoy watching them knock seven bells out of each other.

bobble
5th October 2007, 14:47
Im going tonight and cant decide which end I want to stand in. Goin with a Wiganer though so probs end up with pies. Doesnt mean I have to cheer for them though. :confused:

Beware the dark side my son, beware the ways of the dark side, heed this dreaded warning:

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=318761

Div
5th October 2007, 15:02

You can support The Saints - are the under 18's not in the Academy GF ?

SaintsDavid
5th October 2007, 15:09
Not really bothered who wins tonight, I'm just going to sit back with a few tinnies and enjoy watching them knock seven bells out of each other.

Same as..

Dom McCormack
5th October 2007, 15:15
Well, I'm going with what my head tells me.

Wigan are indeed on a roll but they haven't become a great team overnight. They deservedly beat an under par saints team, then took advantage of a completely inept Bradford team who threw the game away rather than Wigan 'turn a new leaf'. They then went to and beat a Hull team who have been very hot and cold all year...

...tonight I believe will be a different story. Despite the likes of Phil Clarke getting all over emotional about Wigans 'destiny', I reckon they will well and truly get exposed tonight and get beaten fairly convincingly by a proven and consistent Leeds outfit.

Thats what my head tells me... my heart tells me that they'll still get tonked and Barrett will have a nightmare throwing 3 interception passes before getting sent off for tripping. lol lol lol

...we want Leeds in the Final. We don't want Wigan to even get a sniff of a good day out, we want to beat the best in the Final and rugby league has needed a Saints v Leeds final for years.

...come on you Whinos.

roby lights up my senses
5th October 2007, 15:37
Not really bothered who wins tonight,
How !! ..I reallllly want wigan to win tonight lol it will be the best final i have been to in 3 years :D even though last year was good :cool:

Barbarian
5th October 2007, 15:42
Beware the dark side my son, beware the ways of the dark side, heed this dreaded warning:

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?t=318761

Anybody got a spare tache?

fozzymodo
5th October 2007, 15:44
lets hope leeds can win then pie eaters can watch the best team win again COME ON THE SAINTS

wrexhamsaint
5th October 2007, 15:52
It depends (pause while I get this fencepost from my behind).

If, and its a considerable if, Leeds play with the intensity they did last Friday, then they'll walk it.

If they fall prey to the old self doubt - and they have form for that - then I think Wigan (alas) will win.

Either way, I think we'll have too much come the final.

DD
5th October 2007, 16:05
I honestly don't know, and I am not too sure I care too much either way.

It's a win-win situation or a lose-lose one depending on which way you are inclined.

If Wigan win, I believe it will be significantly easier for Saints to win the Grand Final (and, quite frankly, I don't give a damn about anything bar us winning the Championship). We would be massive favourites and rightfully so.

However, if Wigan win, the thought of losing to them is infinitely worse than the thought of losing to Leeds, and it would be something we would never hear the last of.

If Leeds win though I would rate our chances of beating them to be no better or worse than 50-50.

I would say Leeds are favourites. They are the better team and they are due a win over Wigan, but I really would not be in the least bit surprised if Wigan went there and won again.

Saint Bert
5th October 2007, 16:12
Wigan would be the easier of the two oponents in the final.

However I believe Leeds will win, so if they are going to win, let's hope they slam 50 past the vermin and pick up a couple of injuries in the process.

Agent Mulder
5th October 2007, 16:19
I don't want Wigan anywhere near old Trafford except as spectators. Don't want them to have a good day out. lol

Unionconvert
5th October 2007, 16:21
I must admit that this game has me in a real quandary.

I cannot bring myself to want the pies to make the final - However I want them to be there so we can batter them in front of the Rugby League World and prove that the league game was a "Gimmie" and they only won because we didn't need too therefore putting them back in their rightful place - Nowhere!!!

Also If the they do manage to beat the Whinos I regret that Twent would be a shoe-in for the man of Steel - which if he does would be a Travesty and should therefore re named "The Uncle Morris Parting Gift"

The only satisfaction would be to watch both team knock 7 bells out of each other during 80 Mins followed by extra time and a further 10/20 mins before the Golden Point

Scouse Don
5th October 2007, 16:39
Leeds by lots but hopefully lots of knocks as well !!!!

OsborneSaint
5th October 2007, 17:12
Leeds are gonna walk this one, defo

Div
5th October 2007, 17:54
I don't want Wigan anywhere near old Trafford except as spectators. Don't want them to have a good day out. lol

Spoken like a true Saint lol

JasonofSuburbia
5th October 2007, 17:54
Don't call me a traitor but i'd like to see Wigan beat Leeds because Wigan are less of a threat to our chances that Leeds are- not that Leeds are a big threat

Reacher
5th October 2007, 19:34
I think the last 10 mins of the Hull game proved that these games are taking their toll on Wigan. They were visibly shattered and hanging on at the end. If that game would have lasted another 10 minutes, Hull would have won no question. Leeds will also be wounded mentally and physically after last week, so both teams will be knackered for tonight. Compound that with another 80 mins or more brutality tonight and we are assured of a tired opponent in the final no matter who we face.

I honestly feel that our week off cannot be under-estimated. It will be crucial. We can sit watching it tonight like Mr. Burns of Simpsons fame, rubbing our hands whilst the packs hit each other like miniature car crashes that these games have been described as. I think Leeds would give us the harder game, but if it was Wigan, you would never stop hearing about how they made the final from 6th which no other team has done. They cannot lose either way.

OoOGazOoO
5th October 2007, 22:44
Leeds to hammer them.

Pretty much got it right.

:D

Blobbynator
5th October 2007, 23:00
Aye, ditto mate.

They look a very determined side next week. We're going to have to be at our very best. I can't wait! :D

OoOGazOoO
5th October 2007, 23:04
What a game it is going to be.

Shame for me that i am on a training course on Saturday and cant make the game, not sure i will even be able to watch it as the course doesn't finish until 5ish and i will be down south in union areas :s

It will be a classic next week.

Blobbynator
5th October 2007, 23:06
Shame for me that i am on a training course on Saturday and cant make the game, not sure i will even be able to watch it as the course doesn't finish until 5ish and i will be down south in union areas :s

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Feck that right off pal. A Grand Final is far more important than any future career move. :D

Supersaint
5th October 2007, 23:08
What a game it is going to be.

It will be a classic next week.

Unbelievable scenes

Weekends are for sports and beer NOT work :???:

OoOGazOoO
5th October 2007, 23:11
It was typical.

It was meant to be the 29th Sept, they cancelled it and moved it to the 13th Sept, as soon as we beat Leeds the other night i realised what date the Grand Final was on.

Houghwood Saint
5th October 2007, 23:36
It was typical.

It was meant to be the 29th Sept, they cancelled it and moved it to the 13th Sept, as soon as we beat Leeds the other night i realised what date the Grand Final was on.

looks like you missed it

THELAST3YARDS
5th October 2007, 23:38
looks like you missed it

Did we win?lol

Greengrass
6th October 2007, 00:02
Burrows and McGuire to put some points past them.

Bailey to to give his namesake a good hiding.

Kylie Lilo to give Millard the retirement present he deserves.

If Hock and O'Loughlin get put in row Z then some much the better.

Let's hope for a nice clean game ;)

A man after my own heart.;)

Reacher
6th October 2007, 11:29
Unbelievable scenes

Weekends are for sports and beer NOT work :???:

Spoken like a true 9-5 welder! You probably finish about 3 every day Quinny. Some people work shifts and have to take leave just to watch games. Not everyone can work Monday to Friday ;)

Supersaint
6th October 2007, 12:10
Spoken like a true 9-5 welder! You probably finish about 3 every day Quinny. Some people work shifts and have to take leave just to watch games. Not everyone can work Monday to Friday ;)

i've just finished half a day on Saturday as well :o never on GF day tho mate these things can be planned in advance ;)

OoOGazOoO
6th October 2007, 12:17
i've just finished half a day on Saturday as well :o never on GF day tho mate these things can be planned in advance ;)

Not unless someone else plans and changes it for you.

;) :p :p

DD
6th October 2007, 17:02

Yes they can, if they have a proper job. ;)