PDA

View Full Version : CC Semis 1989 & 1991

Billy Bunter
4th October 2007, 19:55
I can't remember who it was that put these vids up on RLFans a couple of years ago, but I nabbed them at the time and think they need airing again.
Younger fans (though the 1989 game was my first ever) please note that the Widnes of that era were a far cry from the current crop. They were an amazing side. WCC winners in 1989. Serious rivals to the dominant Wigan side.
1989 we scraped by, 1991 was Champagne Rugby!!

NB. I can't remember how you embed a Youtube clip. If someone else can sort that for me that'd be grand.

1989-elRy_0RGWo

1991UygfZbyYh9E

Enjoy. :)

Spritehawk
4th October 2007, 21:05
Some nice moments there! lol

Billy Bunter
4th October 2007, 21:37
Some nice moments there! lol

It was you wasn't it?! ;)

I'm forever in your debt for these clips.

If you, or anyone else, could ever find Les Quirk's try from Old Trafford in 1990 I'd be eternally grateful. :D

RedVee Admin
4th October 2007, 22:06
NB. I can't remember how you embed a Youtube clip. If someone else can sort that for me that'd be grand.
http://www.redvee.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3177

;)

DeKay
5th October 2007, 11:42
It seems incredible these days that a ref can be so well positioned and so sure of his decision to give a try instantaneously, without "checking for the offside", "having a quick look at the grounding", and "seeing if there was an obstruction."
In neither of those videos, did the ref even look to the touch judge.

I'd say this is probably down more to the amount of scrutiny that refs are subjected to now, but surely the point of having a ref on the field is so that he is in the best position to make the big calls?

Ell Saint Blues
8th October 2007, 13:29
If you, or anyone else, could ever find Les Quirk's try from Old Trafford in 1990 I'd be eternally grateful. :D[/QUOTE]

I've got this match on DVD.

Sent you a PM.

Supersaint
12th January 2008, 13:44