PDA

View Full Version : Confused Wigan hater

coslettsboot
4th October 2007, 14:02
I have despised Wigan for well over 40 years supporting Saints but am suffering confusing feelings at the moment. I actually want them to win against Leeds in the semi and will be sitting at home willing them to score ??
It's because I want them to be in the GF ,not because I am worried about Leeds it will just be so much sweeter to beat them.It was the same for the Challenge cup final ,I felt cheated that we had to play Catalan rather than beat Wigan. I want payback for all the times I have trudged back from Wembley ,Murrayfield and Old Trafford having been beated by them .I want their fans to have that experience as much as possible ,to suffer the way I have and to hate us as much as I hate them.

So ,come on Wigan ,let's be havin yer!!

Ell Saint Blues
4th October 2007, 14:17
I just find it difficult to ever want them to win, so will just let the result take care of itself. What's the lesser of two evils?

Bigman
4th October 2007, 14:32
Nah couldn't bring myself to support Wigan, although i don't really like Leeds much to be honest. Hope its a good match and what we will be will be, if its Wigan then so be it.

bobble
4th October 2007, 14:42
Just getting to the final at all is big braggin' rights for Wigan fans. They'll straight away have achieved something Saints (or anyone else) have never done. So they can't lose if they beat Leeds.

southernsaint7
4th October 2007, 14:43
If wigan get through and the worst were to happen it would be awful so I'd rather Leeds got through, just incase

SaintJon
4th October 2007, 15:26
couldnt care less who wins aslong as they knock seven bells out of each other, we are a good enough side to beat any of them at Old Trafford

roby lights up my senses
4th October 2007, 16:34
my mum threw the tv controls at me when they won agenst bradford because i got dead excited for them lol and was screaming everytime they scored . it wasnt till the end of the game i actually relised i was shouting for wigan lol :eek: i well want them in the final it will be ace :cool:

mister chuffy
4th October 2007, 18:00
Why should we care who wins in the Leeds and Goons game? We have no fear of both sides. The Goons have Barrett; Leeds, Sinfield. Shut them down you shut both teams down. Why be confused?

SaintJon
4th October 2007, 18:03
agree about the wigan/barrett part but not the sinfield leeds part, leeds have burrow and mcguire to go to aswell, ok mcguire is vastly over rated but he can produce moments of good play, i mean he set up webb for that almost certain try didnt he?

wigan its simple shut down barrett

leeds its simple, win the forward battle, no room for the back row and the likes of mcguire, toopi, smith and donald dont want to know if its an agressive game

we can do both and we have done both, again we shouldnt be worried about facing any of the teams

Greengrass
4th October 2007, 18:24
my mum threw the tv controls at me when they won agenst bradford because i got dead excited for them lol and was screaming everytime they scored . it wasnt till the end of the game i actually relised i was shouting for wigan lol :eek: i well want them in the final it will be ace :cool:

IS THERE A DOCTOR IN THE HOUSE?????

I don't want Wigan anywhere near Old Trafford because any Saints supporter worth his salt would know exactly what would happen (Murrayfield???) and what could be worse than losing to 6th placed crap. C'mon LEEDS.

Saint Jasper
4th October 2007, 18:47
couldnt care less who wins aslong as they knock seven bells out of each other, we are a good enough side to beat any of them at Old Trafford

have to agree there:D

danny_15
4th October 2007, 18:54
well we all no what happened in the cup when wigan where hot favorites to beat Catalan and Catalan turned them over. so i am saying any1 can beat any one on the night but i would love to play wigan but i am not bothered really because we an beat any1 on our day :)

madasaboxoffrogs
4th October 2007, 21:38
i'd say leeds to win, but to be honest who cares, we can beat both on the night so let them knock seven bells out of each other.

Steward Saint
4th October 2007, 22:25
I have despised Wigan for well over 40 years supporting Saints but am suffering confusing feelings at the moment. I actually want them to win against Leeds in the semi and will be sitting at home willing them to score ??
It's because I want them to be in the GF ,not because I am worried about Leeds it will just be so much sweeter to beat them.It was the same for the Challenge cup final ,I felt cheated that we had to play Catalan rather than beat Wigan. I want payback for all the times I have trudged back from Wembley ,Murrayfield and Old Trafford having been beated by them .I want their fans to have that experience as much as possible ,to suffer the way I have and to hate us as much as I hate them.

So ,come on Wigan ,let's be havin yer!!

My sentiments exactly, hesitant to believe they will get past Leeds, but will be fun to watch both teams battle to get to the final. But for now Go Wigan do the right thing for once !!

WIGANHATER
5th October 2007, 16:56
I'm not confused at all?! lol Hope leeds win.

saint1212
5th October 2007, 17:29
whoever we play we will win but personnly i hope it is wigan so we can get revenge by nilliing them in the final

COME ON THE SAINTS

Div
5th October 2007, 17:56
I'm not confused at all?! lol Hope leeds win.

Me neither Graham.

Greengrass
5th October 2007, 23:42
Thank Christ it's Leeds over 30 years since I started watching Saints I have seen them beat Leeds a hell of a lot more than I have seen them beat Wigan.

southernsaint7
6th October 2007, 08:58
Thank Christ it's Leeds over 30 years since I started watching Saints I have seen them beat Leeds a hell of a lot more than I have seen them beat Wigan.

just a shame they didn't batter the hell out of each other a bit more!