SAINTSGUS
4th October 2007, 11:14
Super League Record v LEEDS

Well done lads, I felt every one myself

Haydock Saint
4th October 2007, 13:14
Super League Record v LEEDS

Well done lads, I felt every one myself

Don't think a team in Rugby Union makes that in one season never mind a game!!!

southernsaint7
4th October 2007, 14:47
Don't think a team in Rugby Union makes that in one season never mind a game!!!

lol lol lol very true

Syd
4th October 2007, 23:42
Saints V Leeds play off semi final 2007 - 388 tackles

Rugby Yawnion world cup 2007 entire tournament - 88 tackles

Bigman
4th October 2007, 23:57
Awesome effort.. would have taken a lot out of them that.

Johnnytwohats
5th October 2007, 01:09
If that figure of 388 tackles is accurate, then Saints made a tackle, on average, every 12.4 seconds for the full duration of the game!!!

We need the week off. But how must the Leeds players, who must have made nearly as many tackles, feel having lost the game? Can they come back from that wasted effort ? :???:

Syd
5th October 2007, 11:33
If that figure of 388 tackles is accurate, then Saints made a tackle, on average, every 12.4 seconds for the full duration of the game!!!

We need the week off. But how must the Leeds players, who must have made nearly as many tackles, feel having lost the game? Can they come back from that wasted effort ? :???:

Can wigoon continue with their battle? After seeing wigoon fade badly in the last minutes of the Hull game I think Leeds could sail home tonight. But who knows, the goons oculd have it sealed before the last quater hits, or both teams could be out on their feet and we see a win due to a drop goal from either side, or a penalty kick.

Godo thing is, whoever wins should still be pooped the week after for the GF lol

jill
5th October 2007, 12:32
im gonna rewatch the game and count them... i cant see that been 100% accurate :p hehe

Blobbynator
5th October 2007, 12:41
288 sounds more realistic. If you re-watch the tape, the tackle count was around 250 each after the 70 minute mark. That's still a great effort. That's equivalent to a State of Origin game.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
5th October 2007, 13:22
288 sounds more realistic. If you re-watch the tape, the tackle count was around 250 each after the 70 minute mark. That's still a great effort. That's equivalent to a State of Origin game.

do OPTA and Sky use the same counting method?

assume that OPTA count all the people in the tackle individually....i.e. a single 3 man tackle counts as 3 seperate tackles? do SKY just count the seperate tackles?

Blobbynator
5th October 2007, 13:25
do OPTA and Sky use the same counting method?

assume that OPTA count all the people in the tackle individually....i.e. a single 3 man tackle counts as 3 seperate tackles? do SKY just count the seperate tackles?

That's a point. Between the 17 it's an average of 22 tackles each if we use your theory, a superb effort. :eek:

foot of god
5th October 2007, 19:20
I couldn't get to the game but watched it on video, and although i knew the result i was still glued to the edge of my seat.
tremendous tackling and defending, and as said elsewhere, hope that they knock the $hite out of each other to help saints next week

Sausalito
5th October 2007, 20:05
I put this information on this site on Wednesday, straight from Phil Clarke, he said
"St Helens made 388 tackles in the game and that Wellens, Gardner and Meli only made 14 between them" he also said "what a brilliant effort from the other 14 players":???:

McClennan
7th October 2007, 12:23
Any got a breakdown of the stats for the game? I was hoping they'd have it in League Express but no.

Saints Alive
7th October 2007, 13:36
anyone any idea how to look at the stats!

a link to opta or sky, I cant find them!