PDA

View Full Version : Crispy cod

Sadfish
4th October 2007, 10:55
I forgot about this last weekend, what are they offering these days gold encrusted chips???

http://lvps212-241-195-175.vps.webfusion.co.uk/images/Crispy%20cod.jpg

About 6:30 on Friday this.

Paul Cullen's Mantra
4th October 2007, 10:58
Rumoured that Sean Long is moonlighting there.....join the queue to see him do a bit of work...

Scouse Don
4th October 2007, 12:24
IMO simply the finest Chippy for miles around.....unless someone knows a better one ?

SaintsDavid
4th October 2007, 12:27
Rumoured that Sean Long is moonlighting there.....join the queue to see him do a bit of work...

The crap just continues doesn't it..:rolleyes:

Knight Shadow
4th October 2007, 12:40

just got the bullten over in denmark, dont worrey thay are looking for youre brain even hear hopefulley we can fix the problem soon!!!

Shakespeare
4th October 2007, 12:59
Quality Greek menu.

Scouse Don
4th October 2007, 13:24
Any other views on alternative chippies?

Shakespeare
4th October 2007, 13:32
Although its a Chinese chippy, Master Wok by Thatto Heath park dances all over Chans and any other Chinese in St Helens, quite possibly, the World!

NortonSaint
4th October 2007, 13:37
These people are queing for a job vacancy, 40 hrs per week peeling spuds plus 20hrs per week cockle picking.

UhAhGeorgie Mann
4th October 2007, 13:37

No good for match day but if your ever in Widnes I went to one on Derby Road last Friday. 'Pauls Farnworth Chippy' I think it was called. It was quite simply outstanding.

Saintly Linda
4th October 2007, 13:46
No good for match day but if your ever in Widnes I went to one on Derby Road last Friday. 'Pauls Farnworth Chippy' I think it was called. It was quite simply outstanding.

Or Pauls Chippy (the original one!) which is conveniently located between the Albion pub and the widnes rugby ground. A very pleasant walk! :D

Paul Cullen's Mantra
4th October 2007, 13:52
just got the bullten over in denmark, dont worrey thay are looking for youre brain even hear hopefulley we can fix the problem soon!!!

If you have the key mate, I have the lock

Roy Mathias on the wing
4th October 2007, 16:45
Whats now Margs chippy in Gladstone Street was quality when I grew up there... However The Oyster Bar in Elephant Lane does a very good large split and a fish..

Saints-Crusaders
4th October 2007, 16:51
Whats now Margs chippy in Gladstone Street was quality when I grew up there... However The Oyster Bar in Elephant Lane does a very good large split and a fish..

Not half as good as the large split with steak pudding :)

Darryl Powell in disguise
4th October 2007, 16:53

http://www.glasgowjoiners.co.uk/images/joiner-standing.jpg

bobble
4th October 2007, 18:08
The one in finger post is good

Sausalito
4th October 2007, 18:25
The one in finger post is good
best in St Helens.

SaintsDavid
4th October 2007, 18:27
God all this chippy talk is making me extremely hungry and i'm so tempted to lay off the diet for the day.

jill
4th October 2007, 18:33
crispy cod in haydock is nice :D yum yum... thats normally my saturday night tea :D

Blobbynator
4th October 2007, 18:58
crispy cod in haydock is nice :D yum yum... thats normally my saturday night tea :D

It's dearer than it used to be. :mad:

jill
4th October 2007, 19:04
It's dearer than it used to be. :mad:

they do great sausages though :D

Blobbynator
4th October 2007, 19:14
Jill loves the sausage. I don't think that comes as a shock to any of us. ;)

bongo
4th October 2007, 19:39
if you want quantity you cant beat jills takeaway. you do well to finish a special fried rice with a tub of bbq sauce! english chippie at top of hard lane is good. fish cooked fresh as you order

the_messiah_saint
4th October 2007, 19:51

Before it closed lathem's chippy in green field road thw cowley pupils used to que for age's for their scraps!

Birchwood Saint Sean
4th October 2007, 20:21
dannys kitchein in warrington :)

maries in farnworth widnes :)

one place id avoid is the chinese in saint helens near the betfred and coop (does anyone no what im talking about :) ) absoluty digusting went in there ordered salt n pepper chicken and i thought it was deep fried in salt disgustin just the burning taste of salt no garlic or chilli's

Blobbynator
4th October 2007, 20:23
dannys kitchein in warrington :)

Good call and incredibly cheap!

gateaux
4th October 2007, 20:33
Is it only me who thinks the Crispy Cod is rubbish now??

You cant beat the Chipmonk that is the best chippy in St Helens, was going to go on friday but they where queing down the road and nowhere to park!

Birchwood Saint Sean
4th October 2007, 20:35
Good call and incredibly cheap!

char sui sartay half/half

Paul Cullen's Mantra
4th October 2007, 20:36
The Knowhere Guide
Eating and Drinking in Ulverston, Cumbria*
Ulverston, Cumbria Pubs, Cafes, Coffee Shops and Restaurants
* Important Note: all entries in the Knowhere Guide are the opinions of its users. see What is Knowhere for more info about the Guide.

Food

THE BEST chippy in the world is in Ulverston !!! It's called The Chippy Bank (or to locals The Chippy ****) ... house special is chips and gravey on a tray with scraps on top !!!! ... and for the best Pie (apart from my hairy one!) is Bennet's pie shop on Soutergate .. the meat and tattie are heaven !!

ticker
4th October 2007, 20:40
IMO simply the finest Chippy for miles around.....unless someone knows a better one ?
it is a few miles away but friar tucks in southport do the best fish.bought off the trawlers in fleetwood.proper chunky fish and big with it

Kev
4th October 2007, 20:54
God all this chippy talk is making me extremely hungry and i'm so tempted to lay off the diet for the day.
Real men don't diet;)

madasaboxoffrogs
4th October 2007, 21:33
i'd take chans over thr crispy these days.

failing that can't beat chipmunk in fingerpost.

jill
4th October 2007, 21:53
Jill loves the sausage. I don't think that comes as a shock to any of us. ;)

blobby thats out of order... making jilly out to be a sausage lover!! tut tut :rolleyes:

RedVee Admin
4th October 2007, 22:10
Just Haydock sausage?

st dani
4th October 2007, 22:19
best chinese chippy for me is fortune house in fingerpost - best chinese in town apart from pacifica

as to english chippies - crispy up nr saints is good, tasty corner on dentons green and the good old chip munk in barrow st !!

UhAhGeorgie Mann
4th October 2007, 23:31
one place id avoid is the chinese in saint helens near the betfred and coop

I would add to that Robins Lane Chippy. To be fair though I never actually sampled it so maybe its an unfair comment. I queued for a bit and watched, quite concerned as the clearly very ill old woman behind the counter coughed spluttered dribbled and sweated into peoples food as she served it up. I just stood there on dismay as she croaked 'whats yours cock' before sprinting out of the place and driving to the Tasty Corner.

St Adrian
5th October 2007, 00:20
I would add to that Robins Lane Chippy. To be fair though I never actually sampled it so maybe its an unfair comment. I queued for a bit and watched, quite concerned as the clearly very ill old woman behind the counter coughed spluttered dribbled and sweated into peoples food as she served it up. I just stood there on dismay as she croaked 'whats yours cock' before sprinting out of the place and driving to the Tasty Corner.

You surely do not mean Vals chippy? I so hope not. The best chippy in the universe. Try it redvee, the chips are good and fish something else. Extension View for me. It has ben going for years and its got a whole lot better since Derick retired. :cool:

Birchwood Saint Sean
5th October 2007, 12:02
if thats the one on the cross roads near knowsley road near the betfred and co op with a lil serving hatch into the kitchin

Saint Bert
5th October 2007, 12:37
The Chippy next to the Tram Station in Llandudno.

WIGANHATER
5th October 2007, 17:09
I forgot about this last weekend, what are they offering these days gold encrusted chips???

http://lvps212-241-195-175.vps.webfusion.co.uk/images/Crispy%20cod.jpg

About 6:30 on Friday this.

Thick Yarkshiremen - Chans is 50 yards to the left and it was empty. Bloody lovely Chips and curry from there!

UhAhGeorgie Mann
5th October 2007, 18:45
You surely do not mean Vals chippy? I so hope not. The best chippy in the universe. Try it redvee, the chips are good and fish something else. Extension View for me. It has ben going for years and its got a whole lot better since Derick retired. :cool:

Probably, I dont know an others on Robins Lane. Is about half way along. Its on the right hand side if your driving from the driving range to the junction. Vommitus maximus.