Sponsered walk?
Visit a friend?

Any ideas why he was here this morning?

Barbarian
3rd October 2007, 13:39
New signing?

Irish Saint
3rd October 2007, 13:39
No.........But I am sure that this board will be full of rumours in no time.;) ;) ;)

Sean Day
3rd October 2007, 13:44
Nosey Parker had the Mason to Saints rumour in his column this week. Been doing the rounds for a while this

NortonSaint
3rd October 2007, 13:45
Are you sure you don't mean Billie Mason, because he lives at Clock?

SaintsDavid
3rd October 2007, 13:45
Nosey Parker had the Mason to Saints rumour in his column this week. Been doing the rounds for a while this

It has but it still doesn't answer why he was at Saints this morning.

Sean Day
3rd October 2007, 13:46
It has but it still doesn't answer why he was at Saints this morning.

Maybe he was signing a contract then?

ploughman
3rd October 2007, 13:53
he was after a grand final ticket.

are you serious about this or is it a wind up?

SaintsDavid
3rd October 2007, 13:55

are you serious about this or is it a wind up?

straight up!!

ploughman
3rd October 2007, 13:57
straight up!!

well im going back to work now,will visit again tonight to see if anyone has answered the question

Scouse Don
3rd October 2007, 14:02
Apparently he's brought some bits of Stuart Fielden back as a goodwill gesture!!

OoOGazOoO
3rd October 2007, 14:02
Is it April 1st already? ? ?

saint_me
3rd October 2007, 14:09
Prove it!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sean Day
3rd October 2007, 14:16
Prove it!!

How can he prove it? You can believe him or not but he cant prove it lol

saint hooper
3rd October 2007, 14:24
When i was in Australia in January, Willie Mason coming to Saints was the hot topic rumour of the rugby league world, i was first told this whilst on the tour of the Telstra Stadium also then heard the same when visited Manly Sea Eagles and Paramatta Eels.

Barbarian
3rd October 2007, 14:25
Probs on his way back from concert in Scotland

http://www.gigsinscotland.com/images/news/mason.jpg

iwonthebomb
3rd October 2007, 14:26
It'd be great to have that quality Tongan (;) ;) ;) Kolpak and all that) player in our squad. Do you think him and Sean will kiss and make up or is the Catalans/Deacon rumour also in play with this one???

Haydock Saint
3rd October 2007, 14:27
Was Willie at Knowsley Road for the remains of the Sunday's clearance sale?

I heard there were plenty of XXXXXL tops left

tongey
3rd October 2007, 14:28

He'll after wait for a ticket until tomorrow as they don't go on sale to the general public until then.

I heard he was after a few bargains at the Saints end of season sale......lol

Cedarman
3rd October 2007, 14:32
He had heard We had the biggest Willie in the land :D

saint claire
3rd October 2007, 15:11
I have heard that he may be coming ot saints...

SaintsDavid
3rd October 2007, 15:12
Prove it!!

Give me 30 mins Si, If he's still there i'll just ask for a pic to be taken with him so i can post it for redvee users.

Saints-Crusaders
3rd October 2007, 15:20
If he was going to sign for Saints, wouldn't you think they would have the meeting well away from KR so that it avoids all these kinds of rumours ?

SaintsDavid
3rd October 2007, 15:21
If he was going to sign for Saints, wouldn't you think they would have the meeting well away from KR so that it avoids all these kinds of rumours ?

Do they normally?

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
3rd October 2007, 15:21
why would he be here now when he is playing again for the Aussies next weekend?

Saints-Crusaders
3rd October 2007, 15:22
Do they normally?

What ? Have the meetings away from KR ? Or avoid these kinds of rumours ?

SaintsDavid
3rd October 2007, 15:24
What ? Have the meetings away from KR ? Or avoid these kinds of rumours ?

?

tongey
3rd October 2007, 15:25
I have heard that he may be coming ot saints...

Once again Garveys up with the times.........lol

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
3rd October 2007, 15:26
Do they normally?

I would imagine they would in the case of such a high profile signing.

Saints-Crusaders
3rd October 2007, 15:26
Sometimes they do......... did Chris Flannery, Jamie Lyon, Mal Meninga all come to KR first before signing their contracts ??????

Saints-Crusaders
3rd October 2007, 15:27
Once again Garveys up with the times.........lol

At least she is up with something lol

SaintsDavid
3rd October 2007, 15:34
Sometimes they do......... did Chris Flannery, Jamie Lyon, Mal Meninga all come to KR first before signing their contracts ??????

If i knew that i suppose i'd know the answer to my original question.

Reacher
3rd October 2007, 15:49
If this is all true and he is signing for us, then I would certainly welcome an experienced rampaging second rower like him, however he most certainly will not come for peanuts. Does this mean that someone may be leaving to free up the salary cap? Cant see how we can fit them all in, particularly as Roby looks set to sign an improved contract. Maybe the rumours of Long retiring are not far off the mark. His enthusiasm does not seem there anymore.

OoOGazOoO
3rd October 2007, 16:16
I would imagine that Scully's deal is a lot less than what it has been.

Blobbynator
3rd October 2007, 16:20
I would imagine that Scully's deal is a lot less than what it has been.

Definitely. He'll be on alot less and not only that, but the Cap now allows you to spend £50k extra on players that have been at the club for 10 years, so no doubt KC, Long and Scully come under that which gives Saints extra to spend. Saints have probably been clever and said your contract will be alot less, but you'll earn similar amounts as your testimonial will earn you a cool wedge too (which won't count on the Salary Cap, I presume).

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
3rd October 2007, 16:21
If this is all true and he is signing for us, then I would certainly welcome an experienced rampaging second rower like him, however he most certainly will not come for peanuts. Does this mean that someone may be leaving to free up the salary cap? Cant see how we can fit them all in, particularly as Roby looks set to sign an improved contract. Maybe the rumours of Long retiring are not far off the mark. His enthusiasm does not seem there anymore.

Scully's reduced deal, plus the new £50k salary cap exemption for players with 10 years service (Long, Scully and KC) probably gives us an extra £250k to spend in 2008 - not taking into account other deals that may go on (i.e. Leon or Long leaving).

Perhaps Matty Smith has convinced the club that he can do a job next year and as such they are willing to let Long go

Sean Day
3rd October 2007, 17:00
Perhaps he was at Saints as opposed to another venue because the deal is already done :???:

Barbarian
3rd October 2007, 17:01
why would he be here now when he is playing again for the Aussies next weekend?

I read somewhere that he will be dropped by the Aussies this year due to lack of gameplay and poor performances by his team.

If he did come here would we need to make room on quota? That would mean Cayless leaving wouldnt it?

Sean Day
3rd October 2007, 17:03
I read somewhere that he will be dropped by the Aussies this year due to lack of gameplay and poor performances by his team.

If he did come here would we need to make room on quota? That would mean Cayless leaving wouldnt it?

Don't think either of them count do they? Plus, doesn't the quota rise next year temporarily?

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
3rd October 2007, 17:09

think he has been named on the bench for the Aussies.

we have quota space - perhaps there is a little coincidence with Maurie declaring his Britishness - plus the quota will rise for the next couple of years

OoOGazOoO
3rd October 2007, 17:11
He is contracted with the Doggies until 2009.

are you blind ref
3rd October 2007, 17:11
I think Wello has been here 10 years by next year too, signed just after Scully I believe

Saints-Crusaders
3rd October 2007, 17:37
I think Wello has been here 10 years by next year too, signed just after Scully I believe

According to the Saints Heritage site, Wello signed on 03/06/1998 so he'll have been here 10 years halfway through next season

Saints-Crusaders
3rd October 2007, 17:39
He is contracted with the Doggies until 2009.

Doesn't mean he can't leave or be released, Gidley left Newcastle 12 months before the end of his contract with them

OoOGazOoO
3rd October 2007, 17:45
And the Doggies will just let Mason go without a fee.

Trev The Bear
3rd October 2007, 17:50
Why not? Would imagine he takes up a large percentage of their cap.

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
3rd October 2007, 17:55

Why would Saints not pay a fee? £400K for Leon would be more than enough cash to pay the Doggies off; also perhaps a new big money backer will be getting involved with the club.......couple of hundred thousand will be nothing for a big spending American used to paying £20m for a player, for example.

Syd
3rd October 2007, 18:20
Signed Willie M up about 5 weeks ago. Still nto got him a house though, they tried to get him the one in the same street as DA, but the rent is shocking, almost £1200 a month for a 4 bed, saints only willing to pay upto £900 a month, and say Willie doesnt need a 4 bed.

Paul Cullen's Mantra
3rd October 2007, 21:50
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/international_and_australian/6120962.stm

WHAT A CLASSIC

parrsaint
4th October 2007, 00:16
If its true Mr Fielden will be bricking it. lol

iwonthebomb
4th October 2007, 10:45
think he has been named on the bench for the Aussies.

we have quota space - perhaps there is a little coincidence with Maurie declaring his Britishness - plus the quota will rise for the next couple of years

Maurie isn't on the quota anyway because of Kolpak. Cayless plays for NZ but is classed as aussie for quota purposes because of heritage. Mason plays for Aus but may be able to qualify as Kolpak because of his Tongan heritage.
Shouldn't be a problem.

southernsaint7
4th October 2007, 11:29
Kolpak goes out the window for next year doesn't it? Thought they were going to count towards the new quota

Baz1980
4th October 2007, 12:05
Yeah I thought it was something like 5 non-British or 5 non-EU or something like that from now on.
May be wrong though.

Scouse Don
4th October 2007, 12:47
Where the hell do you get £1200 a month for a house ??

Barbarian
4th October 2007, 13:03
Where the hell do you get £1200 a month for a house ??

St Helens

Scouse Don
4th October 2007, 13:07
Did'nt know there was a docklands district in God's own country !

OoOGazOoO
4th October 2007, 14:44
He got back quick.

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/77178250.jpg?v=1&g=editorial6&s=1

;)

Kal-El
4th October 2007, 15:41
Below is a list of the Canterbury Bulldogs signings thus far for next season;

Michael Sullivan(hooker, half) Warrington
Justin Tsoulos (prop) Eels
Charlie Leaeno (prop) Dragons
Aaron Groom (half) Manly
Alvin Mataveo (center/wing) Roosters
Conrad Ta'akimoeaka (prop) Bears
Chivvy Penehoe (center) Panthers
Robert Worsely (prop) Sharks
Nathan Tannous (winger) Eels
Paki Afu (prop) New Zealand
Tristan Nisbet (fullback) Milton Ulladulla Bulldogs
Jake Foster (five eighth, center) Bears
Sene Tala (center) Dragons
Malcolm Leaeno (prop) Dragons

Having only 2 props leaving the club, this would leave them with abundant cover for that position.

Therefore, in theory, I suppose the Bulldogs could be persuaded to part with Mason for a princely sum. Whether Saints have the cash though is another matter, I for one don't believe we could get him in under the salary cap.

Also, looking at their forum, someone claims to have seen him over there when he was alleged to be at Saints.

Saint Bert
4th October 2007, 15:57
He was not at Saints, trust me!

The Greatest
4th October 2007, 16:00
ah, so he was at the George

PariaH
4th October 2007, 16:23
thought it would be

southernsaint7
4th October 2007, 18:18
Below is a list of the Canterbury Bulldogs signings thus far for next season;

Michael Sullivan(hooker, half) Warrington
Justin Tsoulos (prop) Eels
Charlie Leaeno (prop) Dragons
Aaron Groom (half) Manly
Alvin Mataveo (center/wing) Roosters
Conrad Ta'akimoeaka (prop) Bears
Chivvy Penehoe (center) Panthers
Robert Worsely (prop) Sharks
Nathan Tannous (winger) Eels
Paki Afu (prop) New Zealand
Tristan Nisbet (fullback) Milton Ulladulla Bulldogs
Jake Foster (five eighth, center) Bears
Sene Tala (center) Dragons
Malcolm Leaeno (prop) Dragons

Having only 2 props leaving the club, this would leave them with abundant cover for that position.

Therefore, in theory, I suppose the Bulldogs could be persuaded to part with Mason for a princely sum. Whether Saints have the cash though is another matter, I for one don't believe we could get him in under the salary cap.

Also, looking at their forum, someone claims to have seen him over there when he was alleged to be at Saints.

he can play 2nd row for them then

Kal-El
4th October 2007, 21:25
he can play 2nd row for them then

:cool:

Steward Saint
4th October 2007, 22:12
Whenever i think of willie mason i just view his as a colossal waste of potential, hes a lanky newton in my book, reminds me of the giant in happy gilmore

Red_V_Roger
5th October 2007, 00:18
He better get back here quick - he's due to play in the Oz v New Zealand test on 14/10/07

Shakespeare
5th October 2007, 00:59
He was training today in Australia

Sausalito
5th October 2007, 01:55
As usual another rumour about Willie AND Deacon, who starts all these??:rolleyes:

Shakespeare
5th October 2007, 06:32
The agents of Willie and Deacon? lol

RedVee Admin
5th October 2007, 11:11
As usual another rumour about Willie AND Deacon, who starts all these??:rolleyes:
http://www.redvee.net/forums/showpost.php?p=112936&postcount=1

wellosgal
5th October 2007, 12:17
http://www.redvee.net/forums/showpost.php?p=112936&postcount=1

It was on RL fans ACTUALLY!! :p

SaintsDavid
5th October 2007, 12:25

A day later yes,

If truth be told it was Monday morning he was saw but editing it will just make it sound like its a wind up.

I put this morning instead.

Either way its obviously a rumour cos i got no pic to back it up or no weblink.

fozzymodo
5th October 2007, 15:42
he was there to get a tickrt for final

Carlos Alberto
5th October 2007, 16:00
He was shadowing Mike Bennett to see what a real 2nd Rower is like.

WIGANHATER
5th October 2007, 16:53
I've heard we've signed Mason for next season.

Div
5th October 2007, 17:58
Good job its not the Saints board of old they would probably have signed Willie Nelson. lol

paulscnthorpe
5th October 2007, 22:19
Good job its not the Saints board of old they would probably have signed Willie Nelson. lol

or perry mason

Scouse Don
5th October 2007, 23:29
Or even Keith Mason.na would'nt do that would we ?

brook
6th October 2007, 03:51
In this day and age why would anyone have to come to knowsley road ? I mean IF saints wanted to sign him wouldnt it all be done by phone and email and solicitors ?

SaintsDavid
6th October 2007, 09:29
In this day and age why would anyone have to come to knowsley road ? I mean IF saints wanted to sign him wouldnt it all be done by phone and email and solicitors ?

Are you serious? :eek:

RedVee Admin
6th October 2007, 12:09
After they read it here first.

Do try to keep up... ;)