PDA

View Full Version : This week's League Express

Stockport Saint
3rd October 2007, 13:02
Just read in this week's edition that Stevo thought that the atmosphere at KR last Friday was the best he had experienced at a club ground! I know it was good, but given there was only 12,000 there was it really that good?:???:

Londonsaints
3rd October 2007, 13:08
I thought, in parts, it was one of the loudest I have heard at KR for a few years.......However, and not for the first time this season, I do not believe the official attendance figure of only 12,000.

Good night all the same.

Sausalito
3rd October 2007, 13:27
I thought, in parts, it was one of the loudest I have heard at KR for a few years.......However, and not for the first time this season, I do not believe the official attendance figure of only 12,000.

Good night all the same.
Did you think there were more than 12,000 ?? if so what would your estimation be.??
In Sats. Daily Mirror they had the crowd at 16,000 don't know how they got that.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Blobbynator
3rd October 2007, 13:33
It was a great atmosphere I thought and the numbers matter not. I remember when we played Wigan in 1997 in the Cup and it was the loudest I can ever remember a game at KR, yet there were only 12,000 there that day.

Stockport Saint
3rd October 2007, 13:35
As far as the crowd goes, I was standing on the big screen side and although it looked busy there was plenty of room. I don't think the official attendance is too far off the mark.

As for the atmosphere, it does make me worry what a new stadium will loose in atmosphere. Away at Wigoon there was much more singing. However, to Stevos ears it was better last Friday, and he should know cos he's got nothing covering his ears! Presumably, the "intimate" atmosphere of KR had a major role to play.

Saint Bert
3rd October 2007, 14:02
The Cup game on BBC when degsy swore when asked about the crowd.

Was this the one we were down to 12 men for?

I remember once someone at the club saying, "when I am trying to talk someone from Australia to sign for us, I send them that tape"

DD
3rd October 2007, 15:10

Was this the one we were down to 12 men for?

I remember once someone at the club saying, "when I am trying to talk someone from Australia to sign for us, I send them that tape"

That's the one, and that was atmosphere.

Friday was ok, but wouldn't even rate in the top twenty atmospheres I have ever been in at Knowsley Road. Nothing special at all.

Saints-Crusaders
3rd October 2007, 15:16
Did you think there were more than 12,000 ?? if so what would your estimation be.??
In Sats. Daily Mirror they had the crowd at 16,000 don't know how they got that.:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

What's the official capacity at KR :???: if it's still 17,100 then there is no way KR was only 3/4 full on friday.

Is it the same person counting the attendance who counted it against Warrington in the C.C. Q/F ???

Reacher
3rd October 2007, 15:56
I thought just prior to the players coming out, we were loud and for the last 5minutes we were definitely loud. However during the game, thought we were pretty quiet. We were quiet during the period where Leeds were on top, and it was only when Smith did a deep kick to the scoreboard corner and Webb was tackled right near his line, that we perked up a bit. Whilst good at the end, was most certainly not in the top ten.

Saint Jasper
3rd October 2007, 17:11
It did go quiet at one point but I expect most people - like i was myself - were feeling the tension. We found our voices again. I don't remember it being quiet for long periods apart from that one time. Certainly sounded loud on TV.

And yes I'm not sure about the attendance either.

knowsleyroader
3rd October 2007, 17:15
I didnt think it was anything special tbh. I think the best I have experienced at KR ( Only been going since 96 ) was the Bradford wide to west match. Only time I have jumped up and down hugging complete strangers with many around me doing exactly the same.

That was something special.

Saints-Crusaders
3rd October 2007, 17:31
I didnt think it was anything special tbh. I think the best I have experienced at KR ( Only been going since 96 ) was the Bradford wide to west match. Only time I have jumped up and down hugging complete strangers with many around me doing exactly the same.

That was something special.

But that was just the final minute of an 80 minute game........... we're talking about full 80 minute atmosphere

parrsaint
4th October 2007, 00:24
It was a great atmosphere I thought and the numbers matter not. I remember when we played Wigan in 1997 in the Cup and it was the loudest I can ever remember a game at KR, yet there were only 12,000 there that day.

The atmosphere was brilliant at that match. I still remember everyone going bananas went Hunte went in for the interception try and Newlove pointing at the scoreboard at the end of the game and telling Farrell to look at it. A great day. :D

Saint Bert
4th October 2007, 09:07
I think I have found tonights retro game then.

Can anyone confirm the date of that one and save me looking it up?

Frank Lebeouf
4th October 2007, 09:10
Superb me and Steeplejack are on tv going potty when Hunty scores lol lol lol

knowsleyroader
4th October 2007, 09:53
But that was just the final minute of an 80 minute game........... we're talking about full 80 minute atmosphere

The whole atmosphere was fantasic, that was just the culmunation of that atmosphere. Sorry if you dont agree, but then again when do you ever agree with anyone ? ;)

Reacher
4th October 2007, 09:56
I think I have found tonights retro game then.

Can anyone confirm the date of that one and save me looking it up?

Sat 8th Feb

Saint Bert
4th October 2007, 09:57
Sat 8th Feb2006:???: lol

Reacher
4th October 2007, 09:59
2006:???: lol

1997. You on about the Wigan game in the cup?

Saint Bert
4th October 2007, 10:15
Ta captain, thought it was a bit earlier but I'll take your word for it.

Saints-Crusaders
4th October 2007, 17:04
Sorry if you dont agree, but then again when do you ever agree with anyone ? ;)

On those very rare occasions when someone has something sensible to say ;)

saint 279
4th October 2007, 17:20
On those very rare occasions when someone has something sensible to say ;)

Usually me

Saints-Crusaders
4th October 2007, 19:15
Usually me

Dream on treacle ;)

Spritehawk
4th October 2007, 20:50

Video clip up. ;)

Londonsaints
5th October 2007, 12:47
I am convinced it was quite a bit over 15,000

Div
5th October 2007, 13:33
I am convinced it was quite a bit over 15,000

Nonsense !! 12 was about right.

OsborneSaint
5th October 2007, 17:19
12000 was about right. I thought the atmosphere was superb, best match for a long long time.