PDA

View Full Version : O/T New Book on life of a real St Helens hero

Hollywood
2nd October 2007, 13:03
Please forgive the plug but I have had the pleasure of ‘ghost writing’ the autobiography of British Paralympian Tennis player and St Helens man Mark Eccleston.

In 1986, at the age of 16, Mark was involved in an accident in which he broke his neck at C6/7 level. He had just finished his exams, got an engineering apprenticeship, and was looking forward to what hopefully would be a successful rugby league career.

He began playing wheelchair rugby then wheelchair tennis and his career has been very successful. He is the first British player ever to be number one on both the International Tennis Federation singles ranking and doubles ranking. He is a two time world champion and has won tournaments all over the world.

He is now a qualified tennis coach and in demand after dinner speaker.

His story is one of overcoming adversity as well as sporting triumph and outspoken humour.

Mark Eccleston is not simply a world class tennis and rugby champion. He is
also a champion person. If you have never heard of him, its because
wheelchair athletes rarely receive the recognition they deserve for their
achievements.

It’s available now at

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/3408522/-/Product.html?searchstring=mark+eccleston&searchsource=0

Johners E
2nd October 2007, 18:34
Shameless plugging, though Mark is a top person and to that there is no doubt.

Sausalito
2nd October 2007, 21:46
Does well on the after dinner circuit, £2,000/£4,000 a night, good on him, deserves it.:) :) :)

Legendary Supporter
2nd October 2007, 22:22
Please forgive the plug but I have had the pleasure of ‘ghost writing’ the autobiography of British Paralympian Tennis player and St Helens man Mark Eccleston.

In 1986, at the age of 16, Mark was involved in an accident in which he broke his neck at C6/7 level. He had just finished his exams, got an engineering apprenticeship, and was looking forward to what hopefully would be a successful rugby league career.

He began playing wheelchair rugby then wheelchair tennis and his career has been very successful. He is the first British player ever to be number one on both the International Tennis Federation singles ranking and doubles ranking. He is a two time world champion and has won tournaments all over the world.

He is now a qualified tennis coach and in demand after dinner speaker.

His story is one of overcoming adversity as well as sporting triumph and outspoken humour.

Mark Eccleston is not simply a world class tennis and rugby champion. He is
also a champion person. If you have never heard of him, its because
wheelchair athletes rarely receive the recognition they deserve for their
achievements.

It’s available now at

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/3408522/-/Product.html?searchstring=mark+eccleston&searchsource=0

I had the privilage of working with Mark at Clock Face ARLFC when, together with Ian Moffat, we ran the U16s. A quite remarkable man, Mark is probably one of the most inspiring blokes I've ever met. His testimony is unbelievable and if this book just reflects 1% of the real Mark, then it will be a quite awesome read.

Saints-Crusaders
2nd October 2007, 22:30
together with Ian Moffat, we ran the U16s.

Not the same Ian Moffat who played for Wigan reserves in the mid to late 90's is it :???:

Legendary Supporter
3rd October 2007, 05:22
Not the same Ian Moffat who played for Wigan reserves in the mid to late 90's is it :???:

Aye, that's him!

Saints-Crusaders
3rd October 2007, 15:31
Aye, that's him!

What's he doing these days :???: ....... i used to work with him in Warrington at the time he was playing for Wigan reserves