PDA

View Full Version : charity game update!

thesaintuk.
17th June 2007, 18:08
Has anyone got full details of this charity game starting with date,kick off time, meeting time, venue, kit details etc dont really know much about it, are you an organised bunch of players or is it just a proffesional looking chuck about?. have us people who havnt trained with you missed ewt important apart from sum gay inuendo! would be nice to have all details on one thread.
ta lads... what the goon fans squad like?? apart from the obvious!! :???:

Doc Green
17th June 2007, 19:07
All official info is here...http://charitygame2007.moonfruit.com/

Some of the players we have are top quality.. (others aren't so good :o ).

Si will be posting more info on here either Monday or Tues I think. We are training most of this week.

The innuendo was mostly just aimed at Phil to be honest.

saint_me
17th June 2007, 19:20
I will be posting all the final details at the beginning of the week, probably Tuesday when I get chance and have sorted travel and kit etc out.

There is all the info on the link that Doc posted, but just so you know the basics here goes.

Game will kick off at 13:30
We will be having a drink in the bar at the arena after the game before travelling to a nearby watering hole for some more drinking and some fun and games.
I am yet to arrange a kit but should know by Tuesday what kit we are using
There is going to be coach travel to and from the game for the players and some fans unless something can be arranged with the driver for 2 trips, but the coach is costing us so we will all have to stump up a couple of quid for the coach.

All i will say is keep your eyes peeled on here for ALL the info at the beginning of the week

saintyick
17th June 2007, 21:10
Any news as regards the starting xiii?

:)

saint_me
17th June 2007, 23:03
Starting 13 will be named on the day, there are a few coming down that have not been training due to work etc which i know about so there will be a few faces you aint seen before. What I will say though is everyone that turns up whether you are on the bench or not you will all play so don't worry.

What I need to know from people is, are you coming on the coach? also if you are is there anybody else coming with you? We have a 52 seater coach and like I said in my earlier post we will have to pay for it but cost will depend on how many peopl are on so I need to know how many players etc are coming so I can try to fill the empty seats.

I want at least 4 seats so the rest is up to you guys.Let me know ASAP, Saint or Sinner is meeting us there which I already know

Doc Green
17th June 2007, 23:29
I'll travel on the coach. I think I'll only need the one seat but I will confirm it tomorrow.

saintyick
18th June 2007, 07:17
I'll be travelling on the coach please. :)

Mr. Phil
18th June 2007, 09:12
I'll make my own way there Si. I've stupidly booked an appointment on the Saturday morning, so I'll have to get rid of them quick sticks and then fly down to Wigoon. Also, I'll be dashing after the game too mate.

What time is Eccy Lions training on Tuesday mate?

saint_me
18th June 2007, 10:10
7pm mate tomorrow night

Beetle!
18th June 2007, 11:36
I'll try to bin off my overtime saturday morning pal, unless you can get me a defo time for the coach that is, otherwise i wont be finished

Chris Saint
18th June 2007, 11:48
Sorry i can't make it then I didn't realise it was in Wigan i've got no chance of staying past 2 really (leaving for a wedding at at 3:15) i thought it was in Sherdley/ West Park area which i'm 5 minutes from but with it being in Wigan i'll have to go almost as soon as it gets underway

saint_me
18th June 2007, 12:13
No worries Chris, cheers for letting me know

thesaintuk.
18th June 2007, 18:09
phil diamond:- i will make my own way thanks. what time will every one else be turning up??

saint_me
18th June 2007, 22:04
I will be confirming with the coach driver tomorrow what time the coach will pick us up. But we will more than likely be getting there for about half 12 I would imagine

saint_me
19th June 2007, 12:30
Right,

The coach is now confirmed and will pick us up from Central Station at 12pm, upto now I only have 9 people booked on the coach, I need to know ASAP as I need to sell the rest of the seats, if I do not get a reply from the rest of you by tonight I will have to assume you are making your own way there and I will have to sell the rest of the seats to put the cost down per person.

Shakespeare
19th June 2007, 13:32
I'll be onboard.

lyon2010
19th June 2007, 13:38
Count me in Simon.
Stu

saintyick
19th June 2007, 17:38
You've got me down havent you Si?

Shakespeare
19th June 2007, 20:44
Seat for Tractor too please fella.

St.Rach
19th June 2007, 22:13
Seat for Tractor too please fella.

A 'Wiganer' coming on the coach from ST.HELENS? What's all that about...lol

saintyick
19th June 2007, 22:20
Treason within the ranks? :eek:

Disgraceful! ;)

Shakespeare
19th June 2007, 22:23
Quit picking on the peg legged cripple!

saint_me
19th June 2007, 23:09
Coach is leaving the town centre (train station) at 12 o'clock and is returning at 8pm. If you know anybody who wants to come and watch there is room for about 30 people on the coach, if we fill it the cost will be a lot less than it is now.

Also we have shirts which we can use but everybody will have to provide their own shorts and socks, preferably dark shorts and sock as the shirts we are using are Navy Blue.

Shakespeare
19th June 2007, 23:23
Also we have shirts which we can use but everybody will have to provide their own shorts and socks, preferably dark shorts and sock as the shirts we are using are Navy Blue.

Whos shirts are they?

saintyick
20th June 2007, 07:16
Quit picking on the peg legged cripple!

Im not!

Just Wiggeners!

;)

saint_me
20th June 2007, 07:58
Eccleston Lions hav kindly agreed to us using there shirts for the game

Mr. Phil
20th June 2007, 09:26
Eccleston Lions hav kindly agreed to us using there shirts for the game

And if you enjoy the look and feel of the shirts, official merchandise is available through Lippy. Bobble hats, training tops, the works.. lol

St.Rach
20th June 2007, 10:20
And if you enjoy the look and feel of the shirts, official merchandise is available through Lippy. Bobble hats, training tops, the works.. lol

Hey! Don't be dissing the Eccy Lions training gear, I'm a proud owner of my very own (and comfy might I add!) hooded jumper, very nice stuff it is too! :D :cool:

Saint Bert
20th June 2007, 11:33
Hey! Don't be dissing the Eccy Lions training gear, I'm a proud owner of my very own (and comfy might I add!) hooded jumper, very nice stuff it is too! :D :cool:

Is that what you wear when you are hanging around that newsagents you are constantly stalking. You are never away from the place.

Bloodie hoodie chavs ;) lol

DirtyPrettyThing
20th June 2007, 13:29
Put me down for 2, Si :)

saint_me
20th June 2007, 15:07
Will do cheers

Trev The Bear
20th June 2007, 17:41
Is that what you wear when you are hanging around that newsagents you are constantly stalking. You are never away from the place.

Bloodie hoodie chavs ;) lol

Anyone would think she lived there!!!!:???:

;)

saint_me
20th June 2007, 22:53
right, after working out costs etc I have decided it will be easier if all people that are playing pay £5 each (the same as last year) this will help cover any costs we need to such as pitch, coach etc. the Wigan team are also paying so it is not just us that have to fork out. I will collect the money when we turn up on Saturday, if you are on the coach I will collect it then, if not it will have to be when we arrive.

Also don't forget, those that are going on the coach we will be meeting in the George as Al has agreed to put a rugby game on the telly for us to enjpy before we leave. I will have to confirm opening time but will let you know tomorrow.

Trev The Bear
20th June 2007, 22:56
right, after working out costs etc I have decided it will be easier if all people that are playing pay £5 each (the same as last year) this will help cover any costs we need to such as pitch, coach etc. the Wigan team are also paying so it is not just us that have to fork out. I will collect the money when we turn up on Saturday, if you are on the coach I will collect it then, if not it will have to be when we arrive.

Also don't forget, those that are going on the coach we will be meeting in the George as Al has agreed to put a rugby game on the telly for us to enjpy before we leave. I will have to confirm opening time but will let you know tomorrow.

Good call mate! £5 for a great cause and an enjoyable day isn't too much to ask.

Good training session tonight boys,looking forward to saturday it should be a cracker!!

saintyick
21st June 2007, 07:18

Thats fine Si.

No bother.

Damn good cause.

Saint Bert
21st June 2007, 08:22
right, after working out costs etc I have decided it will be easier if all people that are playing pay £5 each (the same as last year) this will help cover any costs we need to such as pitch, coach etc.

It was £10 last year with free ale supplied by yours truely in the dressing room, and food at the pub later!

Do you still owe me a fiver! lol

A suggestion.

Call it £10 per man, that way those ducking out of the transport are still contributing the same, everyone on the coach gets £2 worth of raffle tickets and I will bring a load of Choc bars and Lucozade for half time!

That way for your £10 you are getting your

Match
Team Transport
£2 Raffle Tickets
Half Fluid replacement
Half Time Sugar Rush ( No not the lezzers )

It will then mean your coach is running at a profit instead of just breaking even and people are still getting their money's worth. The profit can then form and "extra donation" from the team.

I don't think non playing people on the bus would shirk at £10 for Coach & Entry Plus a £1 of raffle tickets do you?

Let me know ASAP Si ( will need to take the charabang off to the warehouse! )

saint_me
21st June 2007, 10:28
I think its a good idea personlly mate and I would be up for it, I'm sure as you say people paying £10 for coach, entry and a strip of raffle tickets is also a good idea and they would not mind paying that as it is only what it would cost them anyway.

As I say I would be up for paying the £10 and getting the lucazade etc thrown in but the rest would need to agree to it, so come on lads what do you think?

Also as mentioned in an earlier post and for those that where there last night, if you are interested in watching the NRL game before we leave then we can, The George will be open from 10am with the game on for us.

Cqan you let me know ASAP so we can get everything sorted

Doc Green
21st June 2007, 10:55
£10 will do me.....

And I'm up for the NRL game.

Beetle!
21st June 2007, 11:02
the tenner sounds good to me mate, wont be able to catch the NRL cos of work so will just end up meetin you at the coach!

Mr. Phil
21st June 2007, 11:09
Ten squidders is fine.

Shakespeare
21st June 2007, 11:10
£10 in the bag for it sunshine. Proper lucozade though, none of that girly flavoured stuff. lol

lyon2010
21st June 2007, 11:17
£10's fine mate. Count me in

Floppyless
21st June 2007, 13:41
Matchday programmes are £2 fellas. Maybe you could bundle one of them in and buy raffle tix as and when you see the spectacular (and surprisngly St's laden) prizes on offer?

saint_me
21st June 2007, 15:46
Looks like that is sorted then.

£10 per player to cover all costs, you will also get 2 strips of raffle tickets and half time drinks etc (although these are non-alchoholic)

See you all Saturday, and don't forget 10am at The george for some pre match rugby watching to get you in the mood

Shakespeare
21st June 2007, 16:10
Are we allowed Carling before playing? lol

My drink problem made me ask. lol

saintyick
21st June 2007, 17:21
Ill sort that £10 out as well mate.

Anyways as regards me getting a bit of first aid kit together as i was volunteered by Becs and Si, i have acquired some bandages, tape, plasters and some slings if thats ok Si?

saint_me
21st June 2007, 17:23
Thats fine mate.

cheers

Doc Green
21st June 2007, 17:36
How can drink possibly be a problem?It's a problem if he isn't allowed any.

saintyick
21st June 2007, 17:46
Thats fine mate.

cheers

The nurse in word ok'd it!

:D

Boots are being cleaned as we speak!

Anyone playing got any spare pads at all? :???:

Doc Green
21st June 2007, 17:48
The nurse in ok'd it!

Anyone playing got any spare pads at all? :???:I haven't got any shorts as yet... let alone pads..:o

saintyick
21st June 2007, 17:50
Go commando!

lol

Beetle!
21st June 2007, 17:53
The nurse in word ok'd it!

Anyone playing got any spare pads at all? :???:

yeah mate i've got some that you can borrow. only got protection for the shoulder but they are decent and hardly worn. don't worry they will fit. will pass them on to you on saturday. you bummer :p

saintyick
21st June 2007, 17:56
Thanks kind sir.

Ill make sure barrymore's near other peeps than thee! ;)

Doc Green
21st June 2007, 17:59
Go commando!

lolAfter all the Gay Innuendo??? I think not!!! lol

saintyick
21st June 2007, 18:01
I feel a "The Todd" from scrubs coming on.

"IN YOUR ENDO!"

Doc Green
21st June 2007, 18:03
I feel a "The Todd" from scrubs coming on.

"IN YOUR ENDO!"
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n183/DocGreen27/highfive.jpg

Mr. Phil
21st June 2007, 19:44
Gays.

saint_me
21st June 2007, 20:50
I know get a room you bunch of queers :p

I have a map that shows where the bowling green pub is if anybody needs directions, if you are going on the coach there is travel anyway so it wont matter

WSXIII
21st June 2007, 22:42
As ive mentioned to bert via PM, we are happy to allow the people on this bus to include the match entrance cost within the 10.00.

Just as long as whatever is left over goes into the pot on the day.

Just to add that everything now has been sorted for the day, from the referee to the band playing at the aftermatch pub.

I have as requested by Si got your entrance music as "The saints are coming".

Details of the days events:

Special match day programmes will be on sale at a cost of £1.50

Steve Prescott will be down to support the day, we are hoping that the EX Wigan and St Helens professionals will come down and support the day.

The game will be recorded by Micron video, with commentary from Terry O Connor and Alan Hunte (if they ring us back !!!) and will be able to be purchased the week after.

Charity Day Itinerary

Doors are open from 1245

1315 - Pre Match Entertainment from the Wigan Warriors Cheerleaders plus your chance to get the signatures/photographs of 2 Warriors first team players

1330 - Kick Off - Wigan Supporters XIII v St Helens Supporters

1410 - Half Time - Entertainment from the Wigan Warriors Cheerleaders

1420 - Second Half

1500 - Full Time

1510 - Presentation of Charity Challenge Trophy

1520 - Aftermatch drinks at the bar within Robin Park Arena

1600 - FREE coach travel for all up to the Bowling Green Pub, Swinley, Wigan

1615 Onwards - Food, Bar, BBQ, Pub Olympics, Live Music at the Bowling Green Swinley.

(PLAYERS WILL BE ABLE TO HAVE SOME FREE FOOD, ALL OTHERS WILL BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A HOT DOG/BURGER FOR A QUID AS PER LAST YEAR, WITH AGAIN ALL MONIES GOING INTO THE FUND)

The band we have have confirmed they will be playing from 630 onwards.

Great Charity Day Raffle - This will be drawn at the Bowling Green Pub at 1830, Tickets can be purchased on the day for £2 per strip. Some of the great prizes are listed below:

4 Rugbyleaguelegends.com T-Shirts (2 Wigan and 2 St Helens)
Wigan Warriors 2007 Home Shirt - Signed by Trent Barrett
Wigan Warriors 2007 Home Shirt - Signed by the current squad
Gold Coast 2007 Home Shirt
Australia Shirt - Signed by Shane Webke
2 St Helens 2007 Home Shirts - Signed by the current squad
Size 10 Rugby League Ball - Signed by several ex professional players
2 Brisbane Bronco Supporters Polo Shirts
Wigan Warriors 2007 PLAYERS shirt
Superleague Referees Shirt - Signed by Ashley Klein
Retro Balmain Tigers Shirt

Plus Many Other prizes still being donated. !!!

I do hope that we see plenty saints making the short journey to come and support your team and the day as a whole.

Cheers

Craig
Wigan Supporters XIII

Shakespeare
21st June 2007, 23:42
Im probably not the first to say this, but.

Thank you

Thank you to everyone involved in this day. Im sure cancer has affected most of us at some point, this day means a hell of a lot to most.

Thank you to Craig, Dave and everyone who put so much time/effort/spirit into this event. Thank you to Si too, who took so much time and effort to organise us Saints bunch.

Im glad to be a part of this event and i hope its a success beyond expectations. Ive even got my brother, his wife and angel of my life, niece, Lily to come up from Derby to join in too.

This day will hopefully bring a lot of good memories too. Thank you guys and i hopefully look forward to a glorious day.

I also look to win that Trent Barrett shirt too so Tractor can have it for his birthday. lol

Thank you everyone.

Doc Green
22nd June 2007, 00:37
Im probably not the first to say this, but.

Thank you

Thank you to everyone involved in this day. Im sure cancer has affected most of us at some point, this day means a hell of a lot to most.

Thank you to Craig, Dave and everyone who put so much time/effort/spirit into this event. Thank you to Si too, who took so much time and effort to organise us Saints bunch.

Im glad to be a part of this event and i hope its a success beyond expectations. Ive even got my brother, his wife and angel of my life, niece, Lily to come up from Derby to join in too.

This day will hopefully bring a lot of good memories too. Thank you guys and i hopefully look forward to a glorious day.

I also look to win that Trent Barrett shirt too so Tractor can have it for his birthday. lol

Thank you everyone.Well said Dan and a big thankyou to everyone who has organised or is helping on the day from myself. See you all there.

saintyick
22nd June 2007, 08:08
I know get a room you bunch of queers :p

I have a map that shows where the bowling green pub is if anybody needs directions, if you are going on the coach there is travel anyway so it wont matter

Any chance you can send it me si as the mrs is gonna pick me up as i have to go for a meal for the in laws anniversary at about 5ish. :D

saint_me
22nd June 2007, 09:46
If you have a look on Rlfans mate it is in the top post about the game, it is just round the corner from Central Tesco.

Also as Craig has mentioned above the extra that the spectators pay will cover entrance fee and anything left over will be going into the fund for the day either by way of donation or by way of raffle tickets.

Mr. Phil
22nd June 2007, 21:53
Stay off the ale tonight, lads!

lol

saintyick
22nd June 2007, 22:01
Abstain from love making lads as well!!

And stay away from swimming pools! :eek: lol

Mr. Phil
22nd June 2007, 22:08
Abstain from love making lads as well!!

And stay away from swimming pools! :eek: lol

Speaking of which, poor old Barrymore has not only been questioned by the police again about the murder of Lubbocks, but he's recieved a massive fine from Endemol, the producers of Big Brother, because when he was on Celebrity Big Brother he was caught throwing fags in the pool.

saintyick
22nd June 2007, 22:11
Boom ••••in boom!

You getting the gags ready for the coach phil?

Mr. Phil
22nd June 2007, 22:14
Boom ••••in boom!

You getting the gags ready for the coach phil?

I might not get on the coach bud. I've got some pesky clients in the morning who need the finest mortgage service available!

If I am on the coach though, you can all expect the same Jeremy Beadle joke I've been telling for the last few weeks!

saintyick
22nd June 2007, 22:20
Ah well.

The dressing room it is then!

Mr. Phil
22nd June 2007, 22:24
Ah well.

The dressing room it is then!

Calm down, sunshine. ;)

lol

Doc Green
22nd June 2007, 22:31
Oi!! You two get one of these....
http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n183/DocGreen27/bedroom_lrg.jpg

saintyick
22nd June 2007, 22:31
For jokes.

Nothing else.

Big boy.

lol

Doc Green
22nd June 2007, 22:33
For jokes.

Nothing else.

Big boy.

lolBIG BOY!!:eek: :eek: Remind me to stay away from you in the showers.. No soap dropping near me

saintyick
23rd June 2007, 09:01
You mind find it hard to believe but i do have a sense of humour, so dont worry i will not be coming in from behind.

Although their is others who have an infactuation with a certain not "awight" entertainer! :eek:

saintyick
23rd June 2007, 09:11
Ill go up top.

You can go below.

Shakespeare
23rd June 2007, 09:17
He found three more this morning. They were all wearing backpacks. Turns out they were suicide bummers.

Doc Green
23rd June 2007, 23:38
Well done all the lads who played today. Especially the ones who put their health and well being on the line.(Get well soon Dave :( ).

Saints-Crusaders
23rd June 2007, 23:44
Well done all the lads who played today. Especially the ones who put their health and well being on the line.(Get well soon Dave :( ).

Who won ???????

Doc Green
23rd June 2007, 23:45
Who won ???????The Pies.... I can't remember the score my concussion is only just wearing off...

Saints-Crusaders
23rd June 2007, 23:48
The Pies.... I can't remember the score my concussion is only just wearing off...

How disappointing to lose to that shower from over Billinge Lump

Doc Green
23rd June 2007, 23:50
How disappointing to lose to that shower from over Billinge LumpTo be fair... I would say only half our team play rugby regularly and we didn't train half a much as the Wigan lads do..

Saints-Crusaders
23rd June 2007, 23:52
To be fair... I would say only half our team play rugby regularly and we didn't train half a much as the Wigan lads do..

Well to be fair to them, they do need something to gloat over and salvage some pride, seeing as their SL counterparts haven't managed it for 7 games in a row lol

St.Rach
24th June 2007, 10:57
I have to say it was yet another great day and hopefully lots of money was raised for a great cause!

All the lads involved played with 100% heart and gave it their best in what was a great game! Seemed a good turn-out in the crowd also!

A massive Get Well Soon to our super prop The Man=The Legend too!

Deano
24th June 2007, 11:09
A massive Get Well Soon to our super prop The Man=The Legend too!

What's Dave done?

Doogal
24th June 2007, 11:18
hope you get better soon Dave!

You must learn like Al that once you past 40 you should hang up your boots gracefully ;)

saintyick
24th June 2007, 11:19
I echo also the good doctors thoughts.

GET WELL SOON HITCHEN.

Apparently he has done his medial knee ligaments if i am not mistaken. :(

pinksaint
24th June 2007, 11:45
Get well soon Mr Hitchen

And good luck Gemma with looking after him! :)

saint claire
24th June 2007, 12:24
Get well soon Mr Hitchen

And good luck Gemma with looking after him! :)

I send my regards too! lol

saint_me
24th June 2007, 12:27
I would just like to say a massive thank you to all the players that played yesterday and also all the fans from St Helens that made the effort to come and support the lads, it meant a lot to us.

Although the result was not the right one all the lads that pulled the shirt on yesterday played there hearts out and that is all you can ask for. I will update you all with how much was raised as soon as I have a figure, also if there are any players that would like to purchase the DVD of the match then let me know and I will order you one, they are priced at £5.

Also I would like to pass on my thoughts to Dave Hitchen who suffered a Torn Medial Ligament and will be unable to play for some time. Get well soon mate.

Saints-Crusaders
24th June 2007, 14:23
Best wishes for a speedy recovery Dave, although you should have retired gracefully years ago lol ............ Hence why i would never play contact sports anymore

Trev The Bear
25th June 2007, 09:26
Hi, just wanted to say a big thankyou for all the get well messages i have recieved its certainly took my mind off it. I have torn the medial ligaments in my right knee as some have already said and its now the size of a fat american womans knee :lol: Hopefully i'll be up and about soon enough.

Cheers again.

Dave.

Saint Bert
25th June 2007, 10:21
Take one in Hitchen!

http://www.diggerhistory3.info/japan/images/017.jpg

:o lol

See you during the week captain!

Trev The Bear
25th June 2007, 10:26
lol lol

Saint Bert
25th June 2007, 10:45
Mate you will have to tell me which outfit Gemma wants, it would be a bit presumptious to just pick any. they are both the same price so you wouldn't have to send me any more wedge!

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/9245/nurses3eb.jpg

Trev The Bear
25th June 2007, 10:57
Any would be fine as long as the syringes aren't included!!:eek: :eek:

jill
25th June 2007, 11:41
Get well soon mr hitchen!
Hope you make a quick and speedy recovery :)

WIGANHATER
25th June 2007, 12:39
Hope your back on your feet soon dave. Would have text ya but my phone drowned in my golf bag!

It's those Eccleston Lions jerseys - JINXED I TELL YOU!

saint_tommy8
25th June 2007, 13:24
Aye hope u recover soon mate! i'll also take a copy of the dvd, i'd like to see some of my barnstorming runs in action lol

Doc Green
25th June 2007, 17:59
Has anyone got any photos from the game / day? The Missus forgot to bring her camera.:rolleyes:

saintyick
25th June 2007, 18:10
Mate you will have to tell me which outfit Gemma wants, it would be a bit presumptious to just pick any. they are both the same price so you wouldn't have to send me any more wedge!

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/9245/nurses3eb.jpg

Very Nice Al.

Ill take both. ;)

Shakespeare
25th June 2007, 18:19
Very Nice Al.

Ill take both. ;)

*Note: Models do not come with outfits.

Doc Green
25th June 2007, 18:43
*Note: Models do not come with outfits.So they come fully nude then?? lol .

saintyick
25th June 2007, 18:58
*Note: Models do not come with outfits.

Ill take both outfits.

The mrs can alternate ;)

Trev The Bear
25th June 2007, 19:16
Ill take both outfits.

Doc can alternate ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Doc Green
25th June 2007, 20:40