PDA

View Full Version : Charity Game.......

saint_me
14th May 2007, 21:04
For all those who replied about playing in the charity game later this year you will be glad to know that I can now finally inform you of what date this will take place.

This game will take place on Saturday 23rd June.

At the moment i am still awaiting other details such as venue and kick off time etc but as soon as i have them I will post them on here.

So far I have a list of about 20 players or so from redvee and also rlfans, if there is anybody else interested in playing that did not get in touch last time please feel free to send me a PM or email to the following address s_dingsdale@hotmail.com

Is there any chance this can be made a sticky for a week or 2 so people can see this. Cheers

Doc Green
14th May 2007, 21:31
Superb... Will hopefully be a good one. I will drum up some support as well. Thanks for that.

Div
14th May 2007, 21:36
Sorry Si thats Glastonbury weekend. Boots and pads will have to stay in the loft. lol

southernsaint7
14th May 2007, 21:45
Sorry Si thats Glastonbury weekend. Boots and pads will have to stay in the loft. lol

some people will use any old excuse to back out ;)

hope the game goes well! which charity is it for?

saint_me
15th May 2007, 13:00
It's for Cancer research mate

Blobbynator
15th May 2007, 13:01
Work for me I'm afraid.

Also, isn't that Challenge Cup Weekend? If we draw a big game today it may well be played on the Saturday.

saint_me
15th May 2007, 13:12
No that weekend is the GB international game against France, I think the challenge cup weekend is beginning of June

Div
15th May 2007, 13:12
Work for me I'm afraid.

Also, isn't that Challenge Cup Weekend? If we draw a big game today it may well be played on the Saturday.

No its a blank weekend for Saints there is an international fixture ( V France I think )

Beetle!
15th May 2007, 13:13
Work for me I'm afraid.

You just dont want to lose your nose again fella! I'm free for this game as usual, life of riley us posties!

Quincy Me
16th May 2007, 07:41
As far as I know I will be able to make this one. If you still want me to do medic stuff I'll still be happy to

saint_me
16th May 2007, 12:02
Cheers Annie that would be great, although you will have to remind everyone not to get a knee injury :D

Mr Turncoat
16th May 2007, 14:54
Ah crap

Si, no can doodle hombre.

I'll be in Portugal with a large Super Bock in me hand. Soz.

SaintsDavid
16th May 2007, 15:27
whats the numbers now Si? will you still have enough?

saint_me
16th May 2007, 16:07
We should have enough.

I will be asking all those that played in the last over the next week or so and I had about 10-15 people from here an Rlfans that where interested also so we should have plenty

Still wouldn't mind this being pinned for a little while though so it does not disappear

saint_me
17th May 2007, 14:11
Anybody else interested in playing?

bozzy!
17th May 2007, 20:37
ill see if i can saintme. it is dependant on whether or not the thatto heath pre season training schedule cooincides with it. saints david told me to get down so ill try lol

saint_me
18th May 2007, 15:35
Take it we are not getting a sticky then

SaintsDavid
18th May 2007, 15:48
ill see if i can saintme. it is dependant on whether or not the thatto heath pre season training schedule cooincides with it. saints david told me to get down so ill try lol

I'm sure you can fit in 10 minutes as a water carrier. ;)

saint_me
20th May 2007, 18:01
I will be trying to arrange some sort of training seesion overthe next couple of weeks where we can all get together and have a bit of a chuck about.

Let me know if there are any days that you would prefer this to be, I was thinking possibly a weekend day or if you would prefer a midweek night

Doc Green
20th May 2007, 18:34
I will be trying to arrange some sort of training seesion overthe next couple of weeks where we can all get together and have a bit of a chuck about.

Let me know if there are any days that you would prefer this to be, I was thinking possibly a weekend day or if you would prefer a midweek nightMid week night is better for me ideally. But whenever...

saint_me
21st May 2007, 18:55
More info now about the game now available see below

.................................................. .................................................. ...

After last years successful event held at West Park in St Helens, it is now Wigans turn to host the event. We have been planning this for a while and we have now confirmed the date and venue:

We are hosting a day long event of rugby league, entertainment and social event in aid of Young Oncology Unit at CHRISTIES HOSPITAL in Manchester. As many of you know a good friend of Rlfans HANNAH OWEN aka Mini Yicker was diagnosed with Cancer last September. With the help, support and treatment of this great hospital Hannah was given the all clear but is still under going treatment. It is now our aim as a rugby league community to raise funds to help others like Hannah to beat this terrible illness.

WIGAN SUPPORTERS XIII v ST HELENS SUPPORTERS
DATE: SATURDAY 23rd JUNE
VENUE: ROBIN PARK ARENA
KICK OFF TIME: 1330
ENTRANCE FEE: £5.00 PER ADULT, CHILDREN FREE

ALL of the entrance fee will go directly to CHRISTIES and there will be lots more fund raising during the course of the day.

We are currently going through the process of arranging sponsors for the event, if anyone would like sponsor this event please let me ASAP as we shall be promoting this across the RL network and press.

More details of the day will be posted over the week.

Thanks for your support !!

Craig
Wigan Supporters XIII

EVENT WEBSITE: http://charitygame2007.moonfruit.com/

WIGANHATER
22nd May 2007, 12:28
how about wednesday evenings for a kick about?

Doc Green
22nd May 2007, 13:05
how about wednesday evenings for a kick about?I concur and second this statement.

Saint Bert
22nd May 2007, 13:12
make sure you get e team sheet SI, we wouldn't want the pie mon playing more than 5 Amateurs would we.

Beetle!
22nd May 2007, 14:44
quality, sounds good to me!

saint_me
22nd May 2007, 16:09
Not to bothered to be honest Al as we will win anyway, there main danger man from the last game won't be playing as he can't pass the ball withouy dislocating his shoulder :???:

Quincy Me
22nd May 2007, 17:12
Not to bothered to be honest Al as we will win anyway, there main danger man from the last game won't be playing as he can't pass the ball withouy dislocating his shoulder :???:

Oh Jesus no don't let him play then!

Doc Green
22nd May 2007, 17:18
My party trick is dislocating my shoulder at will.....

Saints-Crusaders
22nd May 2007, 17:58
My party trick is dislocating my shoulder at will.....

Who is will ? and why on earth would he want to see you dislocate your shoulder at him lol ;)

Doc Green
22nd May 2007, 18:00
Who is will ? and why on earth would he want to see you dislocate your shoulder at him lol ;)Textbook Squire.... Textbook. ;)

Doc Green
22nd May 2007, 19:16
So if Wednesday is the concensus, the next question is where.....

Sherdley?Aye why not? Probably easiest for most folk to get to.

saint_me
23rd May 2007, 08:24
Looks like it has been decided then.

So i would suggest Wednesday 6/6/07 at 7pm Sherdley park.

Unless anybody knows of anywhere else where we can train?

lyon2010
23rd May 2007, 12:51
Has Pilks Recs gone now? That's where we trained last time

saint_me
23rd May 2007, 14:40
It's not mate but they will more than likely have a team or 2 training and have the right to move us on where as the park is a public place so we can use it without being asked to move even if there are other teams training

Saint Adam 07
23rd May 2007, 18:37
whos playing at this charity game?

Doc Green
24th May 2007, 02:00
whos playing at this charity game?Saints Supporters versus Wigan Supporters.... ;)

fye
25th May 2007, 13:54
Mate, just noticed the date and im on duty that weekend.
All the best with it anyways. If I can change my duty weekend, i`ll pm you.

saintyick
3rd June 2007, 23:35
Would you mind saintme if i came to the training sesh?

saint_me
4th June 2007, 10:27
Not at all mate, the more the merrier

saintyick
4th June 2007, 18:49
No laughing like!

Doc Green
4th June 2007, 19:22
No laughing like!Just as long as you promise not to start thinking you're as good as Haggerty again... ;)

saintyick
5th June 2007, 19:48
Just as long as you promise not to start thinking you're as good as Haggerty again... ;)

Seriously not funny! :p

Doc Green
5th June 2007, 19:58
Seriously not funny! :pWhat did I say? :???: lol

saintyick
5th June 2007, 20:16
What did I say? :???: lol

You know very well! lol