PDA

View Full Version : Longy

nipplechin
14th March 2007, 00:10
I heard our superstar done it again! Turned up at his own testimonial do at Blackbrook Rugby Club, absoloutely hammered! Apparently he had to be ushered out by Wellens! Wot say you?

Eddie Hemmings' Wig
14th March 2007, 09:11
hardly a surprise is it?? Was Gleeson with him?

Sadfish
14th March 2007, 09:13
I heard our superstar done it again! Turned up at his own testimonial do at Blackbrook Rugby Club, absoloutely hammered! Apparently he had to be ushered out by Wellens! Wot say you?
sounds like longy.

they do say there is a fine line between brilliance and stupidity.

Saint Bert
14th March 2007, 09:15
What is a surprise is that people have paid to go to a curry night for an individual who consistantly makes a knob of himself at his own fund raisers, especiall when there is, and has been one every Thursday since October that only costs you £2.70 for your food at The George with a Rugby match thrown in for free! ;-)

Haydock Saint
14th March 2007, 09:21
Was the curry night, last night?

Sadfish
14th March 2007, 13:05
What is a surprise is that people have paid to go to a curry night for an individual who consistantly makes a knob of himself at his own fund raisers, especiall when there is, and has been one every Thursday since October that only costs you £2.70 for your food at The George with a Rugby match thrown in for free! ;-)

I remember speaking to him on the CC night at the hotel they where staying at in London, I said "Hi Sean, well done on a great win today", he just looked dazed and confused.

i'm not even suer he knew what I was talking about.

Whilst many of the other players acted impeccably.

It was about midnight at that point.

Div
14th March 2007, 13:08
Im really not sure why anyone would want to donate any of their hard earned cash to someone who already earns more than enough.

A totally outdated concept ( generally excluding the likes of Prekky, Matt King, etc)

wellosgal
14th March 2007, 13:09
I remember speaking to him on the CC night at the hotel they where staying at in London, I said "Hi Sean, well done on a great win today", he just looked dazed and confused.

i'm not even suer he knew what I was talking about.

Whilst many of the other players acted impeccably.

It was about midnight at that point.

I remember saying that exact same phrase to him once and all I got was a mouthful of abuse off him!!! He's a complete idiot!!! Good player but an arrogant barsteward!!:mad: :mad:

Sadfish
14th March 2007, 13:10
i've been watching Saints now for well over 30 years, so i'm owed 3 testimonials, my dads 80 next year so thats 8 for him.

Its time us the supporters got testimonials!!!!

Sean Day
14th March 2007, 13:11
We need to keep him on the straight and narrow as much as we can. Usher him towards his retirement without too much hassle. If we had a replacement ready I'd suggest no new contract

RedVee Admin
14th March 2007, 18:19
Deja Vu...

The previous number 7.

Doogal
14th March 2007, 22:00
why has this been put on the issa forum?

if issa wants to take this issue up with the club then fine but why bring it out into the public domain. Surely ISSA would not like Saints to get involved in another scandal and have Saints name dragged through the mud once more.

I did send out pm's to every moderator about this incident well before it was posted on here, to my knowledge Blobby took the thread off, could the moderator who put this thread back on have the decency to let me know there reasons why.

Like i said in the PM, it is not good for the club if this becomes public knowledge.

RedVee Admin
14th March 2007, 22:43
ISSA must have decided that this incident should be known about.

As for removing this thread, the ISSA forums are seperate to the RedVee forums, so mods on the RedVee forums are not mods on the ISSA forum. Details here: http://www.redvee.net/forums/showgroups.php

ps. I am affiliated to RedVee.Net and the Funbus; and no others.

Doogal
14th March 2007, 22:47
The ISSA forums are seperate to the RedVee forums. Likewise, the Saints Heritage forums are seperate to the RedVee forums and the ISSA forums.

So mods on the RedVee forums are not mods on the ISSA forum. Details here:

http://www.redvee.net/forums/showgroups.php

well i never!

So Bigman can you explain why ISSA think it is good for the club that Sean's dirty laundry is aired in public?

Sadfish
15th March 2007, 07:50
I think you'll find all stories good and bad are allowed on Redvee.net and the forums around and about, ISSA highlights supporters problems with the club and the players of the club and many other aspects, I think that this one in particular is a discussion worth having.

Just because Sean Long is 3 times Lance Todd winner, doesn't mean he is immune to negative discussion.

If you take the plaudits when you do good, they you have to be prepared to take the shit when you do bad.

Doogal
15th March 2007, 08:18
I think you'll find all stories good and bad are allowed on Redvee.net and the forums around and about, ISSA highlights supporters problems with the club and the players of the club and many other aspects, I think that this one in particular is a discussion worth having.

Just because Sean Long is 3 times Lance Todd winner, doesn't mean he is immune to negative discussion.

If you take the plaudits when you do good, they you have to be prepared to take the shit when you do bad.

so why did you not have the courtesy and have your say when i pm'd you with the story on sunday.

if it was a case of highlighting what players do, every weekend this would be the biggest forum on the net.

Sean Long is not the only player who likes a beer or twenty, and he is not the only one who gets smashed in public.

Like is said if ISSA has an issue with Longys antics take them to the club, discussing them on here will only harm the club, let the board deal with it properly.

Or just carry on, because clearly you like shizerstirring and helping to drag the club through the mud.

Sadfish
15th March 2007, 08:28
so why did you not have the courtesy and have your say when i pm'd you with the story on sunday.
I thought it was just a PM to many people, I didn't realise you owned the joint.

if it was a case of highlighting what players do, every weekend this would be the biggest forum on the net.

Sean Long is not the only player who likes a beer or twenty, and he is not the only one who gets smashed in public.

Well lets hear the stories, if they are liable then we will delete them if they are true, then we will leave them.

We aren't in the club pocket here mate, this is an independent forum for talk about the club its pro's, con's, the good bits, the bad bits, thats why it's here.

Shielding the players or the club for their indescretions isn't the way to go.

Like is said if ISSA has an issue with Longys antics take them to the club, discussing them on here will only harm the club, let the board deal with it properly.
This is an ISSA forum but they didn't post the message, Nipplechin posted the message, ISSA will look at the post, hear the other comments, for and against and then make a decision on whether they think its in the best interests of the club to highlight it at the next meeting.

Public discussion forums, are exactly that.

Or just carry on, because clearly you like shizerstirring and helping to drag the club through the mud.
I don't have to do anything for that to happen, the players do it themselves.

Maybe by allowing the discussion on public forums things might get sorted out.

People can make their own decisions you know, the people of St Helens aren't stupid, no need to hide things under the carpet in the boardroom, I think we've all got past that particular era.

Doogal
15th March 2007, 08:46
I thought it was just a PM to many people, I didn't realise you owned the joint.

Well lets hear the stories, if they are liable then we will delete them if they are true, then we will leave them.

We aren't in the club pocket here mate, this is an independent forum for talk about the club its pro's, con's, the good bits, the bad bits, thats why it's here.

Shielding the players or the club for their indescretions isn't the way to go.

This is an ISSA forum but they didn't post the message, Nipplechin posted the message, ISSA will look at the post, hear the other comments, for and against and then make a decision on whether they think its in the best interests of the club to highlight it at the next meeting.

Public discussion forums, are exactly that.

I don't have to do anything for that to happen, the players do it themselves.

Maybe by allowing the discussion on public forums things might get sorted out.

People can make their own decisions you know, the people of St Helens aren't stupid, no need to hide things under the carpet in the boardroom, I think we've all got past that particular era.

i pm'd the moderators and you, as the "owner" of the site, stop being facetious no need.

put it on the main forum them, im not defending longy, i personally think we should get rid, but if the season goes pear shaped because our scrum half is no longer playing through indiscretions of his own doing .......fine.

but when that happens remember the part you played.

Sadfish
15th March 2007, 08:53
i pm'd the moderators and you, as the "owner" of the site, stop being facetious no need.

put it on the main forum them, im not defending longy, i personally think we should get rid, but if the season goes pear shaped because our scrum half is no longer playing through indiscretions of his own doing .......fine.

but when that happens remember the part you played.
I didn't play any part, the message was posted by Nipplechin.

I don't own this site, it is shared ownership between, redvee, issa and the saints heritage society, along with other websites that also reside here.

I own the box the site resides on, thats all.

Haydock Saint
15th March 2007, 09:33
Still don't what Longy has done wrong- surely he is allowed a beer or two on his night off and at his own event.

wellosgal
15th March 2007, 09:38
I dont understand why this would be bad for the club? And as for airing Shauns dirty laundry in public I dont think he needs any help with that!!! I dont want to get into an arguement about this but I think if Longy wants to act like this off the pitch he should be prepared to take the consequences!

Bigman
15th March 2007, 12:07
well i never!

So Bigman can you explain why ISSA think it is good for the club that Sean's dirty laundry is aired in public?

Don't ask me, I only just found out about it :o

Blobbynator
15th March 2007, 12:08
I didn't play any part, the message was posted by Nipplechin.

I don't own this site, it is shared ownership between, redvee, issa and the saints heritage society, along with other websites that also reside here.

I own the box the site resides on, thats all.

But you insisted on bringing it back into the public domain.

How are we supposed to know what is true and what isn't exaggerated/a lie if we weren't there?

If Long acts like a pillock in public it needs to be dealt with, but why should this story be on here, where it is open to rumour and libel? I'm sure the Testimonial Commitee will sort the problem with Long/the club, not us on redvee.

Bigman
15th March 2007, 12:28
For now i am going to close this thread, I don't know what is true and what isn't so we don't want to keep stirring things up. This post wasn't started by ISSA, but if there is really an issue here then the next meeting will be the place for it.

I will leave the thread up but as far as I am concerned there is not really much else to say on the matter at this time, if at all.