PDA

View Full Version : Saints Stadium

Saints-Crusaders
7th October 2006, 20:52
Is there any more progress on the proposed new stadium ?? Speaking to someone outside the ground last week, she implied that its being held up due to there being no decision yet as to which supermarket chain was getting involved in the project

The Chair Maker
7th October 2006, 21:21
No more news.

The club will tell people when everything is confirmed one way or another

saint danny sk6
8th October 2006, 09:19
there was something in the reporter/star this week about it but i couldnt be bothered reading it so i dont no what it was about

Saints-Crusaders
8th October 2006, 09:28
No more news.

The club will tell people when everything is confirmed one way or another

So we could be waiting years before we know

The Chair Maker
10th October 2006, 12:01
So we could be waiting years before we know

At present Saints stadium plans are a dream, that people are trying to make a reality.

Some dreams come true, but most end up as just dreams.

Saints have kept things close to their chest as they dont want people building their hopes up only to find that nothing comes to fruition.

Unfortunately the very fact Saints have said they are investigating the idea of a new stadium, means some fans have taken it literally to mean a new stadium will be built. When in fact at present the situation is that the club are trying to negotiate with various parties the funding that would allow a dream to become a reality.

The fact is, if negotiations dont work out we will be at Knowsley road for a long time. Even if they do work out, Saints could find themselves in a situation like Halifax with a half built new ground, due to funds running out, if things dont work out as planned. Therfore everything needs to be as watertight as possible.

Sadfish
10th October 2006, 12:39
A new stadium is NOT an essential part of the business stream just yet.

The finances at St Helens have been stabilised and income streams increased over the past few yers to ensure we are no longer running a hand to mouth club.

Talk of 2009 and franchises are rediculous, KR is a large stadium holding more than many in the race, we do have corporate facilities and plenty of seating, we also have the junior setup and the on field setup that is required. few teams will turn out more points in the franchise system than Saints.

So in all we know the benefits of a new stadium, we know it will increase our pressence hugely in the town and area, and it will increase business streams and reduce the amount of money spent on upkeep of the stadia.

As the CM says, it is a dream, and it will come when it comes.

there is no need to rush, lets get it right and ensure its finincially viable and we keep our control of our own ground and our own destiny.

greatwhite
26th October 2006, 14:43
they need act quickly or they could find themselves out of superleague if the franchise system comes into affect in 2008. One of the criteria needed is that the ground be upto a certain standard which at present the hallowed ground that is knowsley road isn't upto the standard required by superleague chiefs.

Sadfish
26th October 2006, 15:17
:cool: Tell me why, prey tell, the current stadium doesn't come up to Franchise specifics?

Explain what areas we are short on.

tongey
7th November 2006, 15:58
were just waiting on the developers to come in with the Club now

THE PRINCE
17th November 2006, 19:13
New Stadium, ex UGB site, SCA packaging relocating to Merton bank to clear that area. Pilot holes being drilled on site, ready for major new development. Could this be the start of something big ?

roy litherland
24th November 2006, 20:14
New Stadium, ex UGB site, SCA packaging relocating to Merton bank to clear that area. Pilot holes being drilled on site, ready for major new development. Could this be the start of something big ?
its happening at ugb site dropped the new safety officer off a couple of weeks ago in my taxi

roy litherland
26th November 2006, 15:13
the plans have been drawn up for a 17,500 all seater stadium with st helens rlfc owning the full 100% of the shares. roy

daves
26th November 2006, 18:02
the plans have been drawn up for a 17,500 all seater stadium with st helens rlfc owning the full 100% of the shares. roy

Bugger.

Sadfish
26th November 2006, 18:57

it won't be all seater, I can assure you of that.

southernsaint7
29th November 2006, 15:07
didn't the club state that there would be standing areas at the new stadium when they released a drawing of "the dream"

roy litherland
1st December 2006, 19:07
it won't be all seater, I can assure you of that.
we will see,roy

jervyboy
29th January 2007, 14:11
can`t understand why the plans (that have been drawn up ) have not been submitted for planning permission . To speed up the process

Sadfish
29th January 2007, 14:42
can`t understand why the plans (that have been drawn up ) have not been submitted for planning permission . To speed up the process

how can put in plans if the plans aronud the stadium arent known, its all part of the same plan.

Two Wheeled Saint
1st February 2007, 21:31
we will see,roy
Yes we will.

Fancy a flutter, if there is standing you pay for my ale for one match if it's all seating I'll pay for your ale for one match ? :cool: :D :cool: