PDA

View Full Version : Song For Salford

saint_yick
5th February 2012, 19:55
It's better than yours, it's better than yours, our new stadium is better than yours (to the tune of MUFC We Do What We Want)

haydocksaints
5th February 2012, 20:01
I think we should stick to singing about Saints. Sing about our own team and players rather than singing about stadiums. Encourage the team.

saintgeorge
5th February 2012, 20:11
That's downright embarrassing. Since when have we ever had to gloat over Salford !!Our old ground was better than the Willows.

Chadd vinyl
5th February 2012, 20:15
I think we should stick to singing about Saints. Sing about our own team and players rather than singing about stadiums. Encourage the team.
Give over. It's a witty 30 second chant, that would add to the atmosphere.
Relax...

oldun
5th February 2012, 20:17
Sounds like what some kid in the playground would sing (my dads bigger than your dad)

haydocksaints
5th February 2012, 20:19
Give over. It's a witty 30 second chant, that would add to the atmosphere.
Relax...

It isn't witty. It's rather sad. It is a sad day if we now have to gloat to Salford.

I would rather improve the atmosphere with new songs, flags, banners etc.

somerset-saint
5th February 2012, 20:43
It's better than yours, it's better than yours, our new stadium is better than yours (to the tune of MUFC We Do What We Want)

no idea what MUFC songs are sorry

cement city saint
5th February 2012, 20:49
Got to admit dont agree with chanting at salford fans, the 500 that will be there are the true supporters, they have moved on and built a new stadium, ours is superb, but do we need to gloat now if ud said sing it at the pies wen they Come go with u there. Agree with whats said above lets get the volume up chanting for saints, but hey 10/10 for wanting generate new songs :|

Jamie's Boots
5th February 2012, 20:52
How embarrassing it would be if our supporters started singing that, especially when on Sky. I'd feel ashamed.

Chadd vinyl
5th February 2012, 21:18
It isn't witty. It's rather sad. It is a sad day if we now have to gloat to Salford.

I would rather improve the atmosphere with new songs, flags, banners etc.

It's hardly gloating. It's fact. What's wrong with showing a bit of pride in our new ground? To get any singing off the ground is going to be tough as it is.

It's a sad state of affairs when we start being compassionate to other teams because they are smaller than us.

Wait till they start chanting ' you scouse b$%+&@£€ ' at us!

Sausalito
5th February 2012, 21:39
It's hardly gloating. It's fact. What's wrong with showing a bit of pride in our new ground? To get any singing off the ground is going to be tough as it is.

It's a sad state of affairs when we start being compassionate to other teams because they are smaller than us.

Wait till they start chanting ' you scouse b$%+&@£€ ' at us!

It's ok showing pride in our new stadium. But no need to knock others when they are doing their best to keep the game going in Manchester.

cement city saint
5th February 2012, 21:39
Chadd.... the idea is to chant to lift the team to generate an atmosphere and of course wen the pies, Leeds and wire cum to drown them out. Weve ad that for decades at away games calling us scousers, part of the banter, think what people are trying point out is first game at new stadium, on sky lets sing the songs were gud at, av a word with back row singer hes doing a great job, with three little birds etc... no falling out were all Saints fans gether :)

Lex
5th February 2012, 22:06
The only slightly funny or ironic song that should be aimed at Salford is; sh1t ground no fans, the same song many visiting fans sang to them at the Willows for many years.

Greengrass
5th February 2012, 22:14
How about "The wheels on the bus" http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-16899099

oldun
5th February 2012, 22:15
The only slightly funny or ironic song that should be aimed at Salford is; sh1t ground no fans, the same song many visiting fans sang to them at the Willows for many years.But its not the willows anymore its a new ground :confused:

Lex
5th February 2012, 22:21
But its not the willows anymore its a new ground :confused:

Hence why I said Ironic. Anyone who has seen both stadiums, can have no doubts which is the better.

E Saint
5th February 2012, 22:35
Got to admit dont agree with chanting at salford fans, the 500 that will be there are the true supporters, they have moved on and built a new stadium, ours is superb, but do we need to gloat now if ud said sing it at the pies wen they Come go with u there. Agree with whats said above lets get the volume up chanting for saints, but hey 10/10 for wanting generate new songs :|

Agreed. But think you have over egged the 500 by about 300.

RedVee Admin
5th February 2012, 23:38
no idea what MUFC songs are sorry
That makes two of us.

paulscnthorpe
6th February 2012, 07:23
That makes two of us.

It's the song that united have about twenty different lyrics to.

The LMS song it is

Chadd vinyl
6th February 2012, 09:18
Chadd.... the idea is to chant to lift the team to generate an atmosphere and of course wen the pies, Leeds and wire cum to drown them out. Weve ad that for decades at away games calling us scousers, part of the banter, think what people are trying point out is first game at new stadium, on sky lets sing the songs were gud at, av a word with back row singer hes doing a great job, with three little birds etc... no falling out were all Saints fans gether :)

Agree about the positivity of chants. Just seems an over reaction about how embarrassing it would be to hear a mildly amusing short chant. Can't imagine any Salford fans tearing up their season tickets because of it.
Langtree park needs to become a fortress. Don't see how being sensitive to certain clubs will help create that.

Don't know how I've ended up defending the chant. Wasn't the fruit of my loins!

Saintokell1974
6th February 2012, 20:26
It's the song that united have about twenty different lyrics to.

The LMS song it is

Oh, finally understand- you mean the LMS song that was a beachboys classic. When did M@nU steal it for their own?
Great tune, expertly knicked for Widnes, needs to be LMS' tune again?

Carmelatron
14th February 2012, 15:56
Come on you............Singers Do you sing on the terraces at Saints? In the pub? From the comfort of your home? How about singing on the pitch? Sing Along a' Saints is a new singing group turning traditional terrace chants into TRYumphant performances to be showcased at Langtree Park. Every Monday, Starting Monday 13th February, 6pm - 8pm Upstairs at theSpringfield Pub, Thatto Heath Road, WA10 3QU If you are over 18 come alongand get involved. For further info please call 01744 735436.