PDA

View Full Version : Favourites?

Tallahassee
3rd February 2012, 11:52
After reading the Superleague pieces in both the Mirror and The Sun they've installed us a favourites for Hubcap and Superleague. Injuries permitting.

saint_yick
3rd February 2012, 12:24
If the injury gods are good to us and our new boys perform as promised then there is no reason why we can't COYS2012

SaintJon
3rd February 2012, 12:25
we've made the best signings and I think it's fair to say we've haven't had a stronger squad since 2008 and certainly not had the depth since 2006. Alot depends on how Lomax and Gaskell play, I fully expect them to be targeted more from the opposition and it will be interesting to see how they handle it, if they can handle the extra rough treatmeant and improve even more on their attacking game then I see no reason why we can't finish top, but as we know more then most, finishing top means nothing anymore.

Harri81
3rd February 2012, 12:40
For me its far too hard to say whom favourites are, though itll always be one of the top four Wigan, Warrington, Leeds and Us who will be at old trafford come october.

Im realistically struggling to see any real stand out team that is head and shoulders above the others in the top four.

This is going to be a fantastic and very close year i think.

COYS

Sean Day
3rd February 2012, 12:43
Very difficult to say. We do certainly have more depth this year though. I was looking down the squad list the other day and the first 22 or so players you would have no qualms whatsoever putting them in your 17 every week - all of them you could consider first team regulars really

E Saint
3rd February 2012, 12:47
I cant beleive that this thread has been up for nearly an hour now and Johnnyl is nowhere to be seen ;)

fishy3005
3rd February 2012, 13:14
I cant beleive that this thread has been up for nearly an hour now and Johnnyl is nowhere to be seen ;)

he'll be knocking up some witty response. i can imagine him sat back in a recliner, a waste paper bin at his side, overflowing with sarcastic musings that just arent good enough to post. patiently thinking, thinking.
lol, only messing johnnyl

NortonSaint
3rd February 2012, 13:21
Do you go for the Hub Cap or do you keep your powder dry for a sunny day out in London and a wet evening in Manchester?

The Surveyor
3rd February 2012, 14:05
After reading the Superleague pieces in both the Mirror and The Sun they've installed us a favourites for Hubcap and Superleague. Injuries permitting.

That's a big ask with Saints. We've got 3 big names missing already. Pick up a couple of injuries tomorrow and we are already into injury crisis territory with only 1 round of superleague down.

fishy3005
3rd February 2012, 14:13
That's a big ask with Saints. We've got 3 big names missing already. Pick up a couple of injuries tomorrow and we are already into injury crisis territory with only 1 round of superleague down.

dont say that!!! you will be ridiculed for being negative by the lot on here who seem to think we are invinsible

saintgeorge
3rd February 2012, 16:13
With news like that we're bound to lose tomorrow!

superarch
3rd February 2012, 16:27
I rather think that in Trent Waterhouse and Ratchford, Wire fans will feel they have the best signing

Rainhillsaint
3rd February 2012, 18:14
League Express has us finishing 1st too and the Daily Mail has us as Grand Final winners............ Grand Final losers, Warrington! :)

Gray77
3rd February 2012, 18:14
dont say that!!! you will be ridiculed for being negative by the lot on here who seem to think we are invinsible

Indeed. Can't remember anyone saying we were invincible, but you reckon we'll finish 7th or 8th which IMO deserves the ridicule it was given.

TW2 Saint
3rd February 2012, 18:41

But thankfully they are all in the "due back" casualty ward as oppose to the arrivals lounge.

Scouse Don
3rd February 2012, 18:50

Try this....
JONNYL

My god you are all deluding youselves why dont we just give up now and not bother.....our youngsters are simply not good enough and the new influx from down under, are just here for pension top ups.We have no chance !

Sorry Jonny could'nt resist !

johnnyl
3rd February 2012, 18:57
:D

Im honored that I have been called witty.

Anyhows, of course we have a chance, we are one of the top few sides. Naturally, I think that we will fail at the final hurdle and dont think that we are favorites but we will be there or thereabouts.

DD
3rd February 2012, 19:15
Second! Why change the habit of a lifetime?

The only way we will the Grand Final is if Widnes get there. :)

NortonSaint
3rd February 2012, 22:08
"Take me home, take me home, to a place, I belong"
Go ed Lad!

wafu-saint
3rd February 2012, 23:47
Paddy power had wire favourites when I was in the bookies earlier

The Wee Waa Womble
4th February 2012, 02:17
Given we've been at the last 6 grand finals despite being ravaged by injury it wouldn't be implausible to to our case as favourites if we stayed relatively injury free.