PDA

View Full Version : Positive article from the Daily Mail.

doghead
2nd February 2012, 23:10
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rugbyleague/article-2095570/Bluffers-guide-Why-tuning-Super-League-.html

TW2 Saint
3rd February 2012, 07:31
"rugby as its meant to be" - nuff said :-)

The Chief
3rd February 2012, 07:55
That's one of the most positive articles I've ever read in the Mail. Good stuff.

KentishBarry
3rd February 2012, 08:49
Contact them and let them know.

It's also good to see something in 'Sport' magazine, a Friday freebie here in London which has been criticised in the past for ignoring RL.

Give positive feedback to any of these article and we could be seeing more!

The Hoss
3rd February 2012, 08:55
Reading that, says league is the 2nd most watched sport in the country! Suprised me alot

KentishBarry
3rd February 2012, 09:12
Reading that, says league is the 2nd most watched sport in the country! Suprised me alot

Not quite.
2nd most watched domestic league on Sky Sports.

paulscnthorpe
3rd February 2012, 09:29
Brilliant article. Was half expecting them to say there's loads of polish immigrants taking all the half back positions ;)

But seriously, a super article

SaintJon
3rd February 2012, 09:46
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a positive rugbyleague article from the daily mail one of the signs of the apocalypse?

The Hoss
3rd February 2012, 09:51
Not quite.
2nd most watched domestic league on Sky Sports.

But still.. It suprised me.. With the likes of Yawnion, T20 Cricket... and.. erm.. Thinking about it, its not really that suprising! lol

fishy3005
3rd February 2012, 10:09
good stuff.
i remember a few years back when we won at huddersfield. gilly smashed his noise early, but played on and scored 2 tries. at the same time (i think it was) uniteds goalkeeper had to be replaced because he had a runny nose, or something like that. a newspaper ran an article comparing the 2 incidents and the 2 players wages etc etc. made you proud to be a fan of rugby league

Village Saint
3rd February 2012, 10:20
Great little article that, hopefully alot of non rugby league fans read it and turn on!

NortonSaint
3rd February 2012, 13:11
Great little article that, hopefully alot of non rugby league fans read it and turn on!
Turn on, tune in and drop out of Yawnion.

NortonSaint
3rd February 2012, 13:15
Brilliant article. Was half expecting them to say there's loads of polish immigrants taking all the half back positions ;)

But seriously, a super article

Hope they don't find a Superleague Stobart's full of illegal immigrants.

DD
3rd February 2012, 14:32
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a positive rugbyleague article from the daily mail one of the signs of the apocalypse?

For years the Daily Mail had the best Rugby League coverage of any papers on a Monday.

Where they have always let themselves down is that they print their Saturday papers far too early and usually miss out on the Friday games. However this has become more and more noticeable in the Mirror over recent times too.