PDA

View Full Version : Summer Rugby MY AR*E.

The Great Tom Vol
2nd February 2012, 18:52
Hi
Don't you think that we are starting the season to early?.After phoning London Bronco's today about the match I was told there would be a Pitch Inspection at 11.00 am tomorrow as there was a weather forcast of 7-10cm of snow in the area. What a waste of time for our supporters. Hopefully the game will go ahead.

saint_yick
2nd February 2012, 19:52
what happened to clearing the pitch and playing with an orange ball

Wallasey Saint
2nd February 2012, 20:07
Hi
Don't you think that we are starting the season to early?.After phoning London Bronco's today about the match I was told there would be a Pitch Inspection at 11.00 am tomorrow as there was a weather forcast of 7-10cm of snow in the area. What a waste of time for our supporters. Hopefully the game will go ahead.

No, were else would you put the fixtures to though, as moving the start date a month later the season will finish later, then the Internationals would be in December, at a time when people are doing Christmas Shopping or saving for Christmas. It will only work if there's 24 regular season fixtures as in the NRL.

Then again you can't guarantee the Weather in Summer in the UK, last year was quite poor & Windy Weather wise.

Dave Howarth
2nd February 2012, 20:08
Whilst not the best guide, bbc weather and metcheck have the forecasts for the next 48 hours to be very cold with sunny spells. No sign of snow. Lets not be negative :-)

Saints-Crusaders
2nd February 2012, 20:13
Whilst not the best guide, bbc weather and metcheck have the forecasts for the next 48 hours to be very cold with sunny spells. No sign of snow. Lets not be negative :-)

But on SSN earlier, they were reporting from Southwark Crown Court on the Harry Redknapp trial and I'm sure it had been snowing

Saintokell1974
2nd February 2012, 20:18
No, were else would you put the fixtures to though, as moving the start date a month later the season will finish later, then the Internationals would be in December, at a time when people are doing Christmas Shopping or saving for Christmas. It will only work if there's 24 regular season fixtures as in the NRL.

Then again you can't guarantee the Weather in Summer in the UK, last year was quite poor & Windy Weather wise.

And the last thing anyone wants after the last month is to check on that roof in the winds whilst there!?!

Sausalito
2nd February 2012, 21:34
The forecast is definitely for widespread snowfall. Sat. pm.

TW2 Saint
2nd February 2012, 21:58
The forecast is definitely for widespread snowfall. Sat. pm.

Maybe it is- somewhere in the world but NOT on any of the local forecasts down here.

Sausalito
2nd February 2012, 22:04
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

RedVee Admin
2nd February 2012, 22:13
The Daily Mail also say:

COULD TEACHERS STEAL THE IDENTITY OF YOUR PETS?

HAVE THE POLES DESTROYED THE MEMORY OF DIANA?

COULD BINGE DRINKING MAKE TAXPAYERS IMPOTENT?

COULD YOBS INFECT YOUR MORTGAGE WITH AIDS?

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

wardies love child
3rd February 2012, 00:25
Minus 5 in Woking now but clear skies. 15 mile or so from bronquins

TW2 Saint
3rd February 2012, 07:23
-3 in my back yard - a solid 5 iron from the Stoop. It'll be on, stop panicking chaps and chapettes :-)