PDA

View Full Version : Saturday in London

The Captain
31st January 2012, 11:26
With temperatures below freezing predicted for the remainder of the week, I wonder if the game is in danger?

I would be a tad upset with a travelodge booked for a stay-over :(

Div
31st January 2012, 12:03
3 degrees in the day and -3 overnight Friday. By 3pm will be fine.

ThorntonSaint
31st January 2012, 12:41
3 degrees in the day and -3 overnight Friday. By 3pm will be fine.

Its the magic number.

Sausalito
31st January 2012, 12:47
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYmJm4uSMug

headtackle
31st January 2012, 13:17
Whatever happens you will be warmer than the Widnes friendly !!

wardies love child
31st January 2012, 13:44
I'm in Woking 15 mile away and it's not to bad at present. Local forecast is -3 through the nights and 3 on days. No ground frost now but was until 10. Gutted I can't go game and so close to me too.

The Captain
31st January 2012, 14:27
I'm in Woking 15 mile away and it's not to bad at present. Local forecast is -3 through the nights and 3 on days. No ground frost now but was until 10. Gutted I can't go game and so close to me too.

I can feel an uneasy morning of travelling and waiting ahead...

wardies love child
31st January 2012, 21:37
Minus 2 now. Landan freezing over nicely

Spider Ski
31st January 2012, 21:41
Couldn't give a stuff. I'm more excited about the missus taking me to Bodeans for tea! If it does get called off, plenty of free museums to head round.

KentishBarry
1st February 2012, 08:38
Snow in Kent yesterday.
Only a bit though!

TW2 Saint
1st February 2012, 11:08
Bright and pleasant if a tad chilly in TW2 as I post. For those beer drinkers amongst you, the Cabbage Patch is closed for a refurb. I'll check later as to when it's planning to re-open.

Karpykev
1st February 2012, 13:03
Is there anywhere decent for Lunch near the Ground?- we will be getting there relatively early as we are travelling up from Sussex and I promised the Mrs a meal.

KentishBarry
1st February 2012, 14:52
Bright and pleasant if a tad chilly in TW2 as I post. For those beer drinkers amongst you, the Cabbage Patch is closed for a refurb. I'll check later as to when it's planning to re-open.

Looks likey to be closed. A gig there on Sunday has been cancelled.
The phone just rings.
Tried the brewery, but the person there who would know was out!

TW2 Saint
1st February 2012, 15:16
Dont particularly like the pub anyway - £4 for a pint of coke in a plastic glass after the Baa Baas v Aus game. God knows what the prices will be now they have a refurb to pay for

TW2 Saint
1st February 2012, 15:18
[QUOTE=Karpykev;401857]Is there anywhere decent for Lunch near the Ground?- we will be getting there relatively early as we are travelling up from Sussex and I promised the Mrs a meal.[/QUOTE

PM me and I'll give you the lowdown depending on what type of food you are looking for.

KentishBarry
1st February 2012, 15:25
Dont particularly like the pub anyway - £4 for a pint of coke in a plastic glass after the Baa Baas v Aus game. God knows what the prices will be now they have a refurb to pay for

Not my favourite either, but it's handy place for a meet up (easy for people to find!).
Looks like WWE is now that place! :(

werealldoomed
1st February 2012, 15:35
hi im new to the redvee site,im planning to go down on saturday morning early,with the cold snap upon us does anyone know the state of play regarding pitch inspections?
As its a long way to go for it to be called off at 1pm for example,would appreciate any information on this matter

The Hoss
2nd February 2012, 10:49
Surely they have under soil heating? Its a modern day ground..

RedVee Admin
2nd February 2012, 10:59
The Stoop isn't modern by any stretch: it's been around as a Stadium since the 1960s but was a training ground prior to that.

Geoggy
2nd February 2012, 11:05
BBC forecast is for -3 night before the game.

I think the club need to communicate to fans on this one if its likely to be called off. Where's the Mike App app when you need it?

Saints-Crusaders
2nd February 2012, 11:39
Surely they have under soil heating? Its a modern day ground..

So is Langtree Park but we don't have it there

RedVee Admin
2nd February 2012, 12:19
BBC forecast is for -3 night before the game.

I think the club need to communicate to fans on this one if its likely to be called off. Where's the Mike App app when you need it?

Pitch frost protection sheets work to -6c and as the game is at 3pm the sun will have been on the pitch for a good while. Also, it's been dry for days so I doubt that ice on the spectator areas will come into the equation. We had literally the identical fixture in 2006, weather, kick off time, the lot, and the game went ahead. Seems to me that it's more likely to go ahead than not but, as they say down them parts, it'll be bally chilly old bean!

KentishBarry
2nd February 2012, 13:04
Snow on the way down/back might be more of a problem for you lot travelling!

TW2 Saint
2nd February 2012, 13:32
as they say down them parts, it'll be bally chilly old bean!

Stone me, 25 years plus down here and I have never ever heard that expression in any part of the great metropolis in which I have lived !

FearTheVee
2nd February 2012, 13:50
Couldn't give a stuff. I'm more excited about the missus taking me to Bodeans for tea! If it does get called off, plenty of free museums to head round.

Dude, you need to ditch this lass - she's warped your mind. ;)

Worst. Priorities. Ever.

Blobbynator
2nd February 2012, 13:56

Worst. Priorities. Ever.

Indeed, tea and museums? Are you mentally 70 years old, Ski? :)

Harri81
2nd February 2012, 15:30
If it is to be called off it'll be far too late for any fans travelling down on Saturday morning, every chance will be given for the ground to be safe enough to play. Such a pain at times but such is modern life.

Div
2nd February 2012, 15:40
It wont be off stop worrying !

Syd
2nd February 2012, 16:38
The game gets in the way of a jolly nice knees up anyways, so call it off, hand us the two points, and let Wello and the gang have a day and night out around Richmond.

RICH MILF !

Spider Ski
3rd February 2012, 09:52

Worst. Priorities. Ever.

Look, if you tasted what I tasted at the NFL at Wembley, you would be wanting Bodeans.