PDA

View Full Version : Parking at Harlequins.

St_Anders
29th January 2012, 14:18
I've stayed over before but not done the day trip before. Where is the best place to park? Can you park on that piece of land off off the main road next to the stoop?

stroger
29th January 2012, 14:58
we park on the Tech College park just off the main road and stroll round past the playing field to the ground. Costs £5 but convenient.

St_Anders
29th January 2012, 15:12
I'll have a look at that. £5 is cheap for down there. Cheers for that.

Div
29th January 2012, 15:28
Its pretty residential around the ground surely you can find somewhere close for free ?

TW2 Saint
29th January 2012, 16:01
I should charge for such informed local knowledge but am happy to provide it free of charge for my fellow Saints brethren...... Google "Mereway Rd" - go down there past Barneby Close on the right and then take the next right. It's an unmarked road with no parking restrictions and is free. Park up, follow the road round - max 10 mins walk into the ground at the South Stand end. As they say on the telly - SIMPLES :-)

St_Anders
29th January 2012, 16:30
Thanks all. I had a look on google maps before and alot of roads have permits. I'll look at that road now.

Thanks again.

Syd
2nd February 2012, 16:58
Twickenham Marriott Hotel car park has thousands spaces, will be empty as no Yawnion on ( well besides on TV ). Not supposed park there, but see no reason why not to, as never noticed any cameras or such like.

Wallasey Saint
2nd February 2012, 20:52
I've been looking at Richmond Council[which includes Twickenham] & there is parking restrictions on the Roads around The Stoop Mon-Sat
http://www.richmond.gov.uk/home/transport_and_streets/parking/controlled_parking_zones/cpz_times_and_maps.htm

On this map, The Stoop is at the end of Craneford Way. http://www.richmond.gov.uk/doc-parking_zone_hm.pdf

TW2 Saint
2nd February 2012, 21:50
I dont know why I bother - please see post no 5 - if you are driving down this is the best place to park - its quiet, free, safe and a short walk from the stoop. What more do you want !?!

hazzo21
3rd February 2012, 16:08
I dont know why I bother - please see post no 5 - if you are driving down this is the best place to park - its quiet, free, safe and a short walk from the stoop. What more do you want !?!

How far is it from there to the pubs near to the train station. We are meeting people who are getting the train so is it better for us to park up and head towards the station or head to the ground and get them to meet us there?

TW2 Saint
3rd February 2012, 18:26
Completely the wrong side of town for your arrangements - nest to park in Church Lane, York St (Cuvic Centre), or behind M & S. You'll get a space in one of these and will be well set for a short walk to meet your friends.

Scouse Don
3rd February 2012, 18:45
Can you still park at Tesco's at Twickers and walk over ?

TW2 Saint
3rd February 2012, 20:45
Can you still park at Tesco's at Twickers and walk over ?

Don't normally shop at Tesco so not 100% sure but don't think they charge (especially on a non union day).

hazzo21
3rd February 2012, 22:38
Completely the wrong side of town for your arrangements - nest to park in Church Lane, York St (Cuvic Centre), or behind M & S. You'll get a space in one of these and will be well set for a short walk to meet your friends.
Thanks for the info

TW2 Saint
3rd February 2012, 22:44
You are welcome

hazzo21
4th February 2012, 13:46
Hi TW2. We ended up parking on your unmarked road. Can you get from there to Stoop down the unmarked road or do you have to walk all the way round? We have just done the long walk!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

TW2 Saint
4th February 2012, 21:03
Hi TW2. We ended up parking on your unmarked road. Can you get from there to Stoop down the unmarked road or do you have to walk all the way round? We have just done the long walk!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Sorry, only just seen your post - As per my original post on this thread:-

...... It's an unmarked road with no parking restrictions and is free. Park up, follow the road round - max 10 mins walk into the ground at the South Stand end. As they say on the telly - SIMPLES :-)