PDA

View Full Version : ticket availability for next 2 home game

58er
22nd January 2012, 19:39
West terrace tickets are not on sale for the next 2 home games, can only mean they are sold out.

RedVee Admin
22nd January 2012, 19:49
Looks that way. Good stuff, especially as the second home game is against Catalans.

David
22nd January 2012, 20:06
yep, I tried yesterday to get tickets for the first game against Salford. All that's left are the odd one or two (not together) in the North and South stands. According to the lady in the ticket office, they may be releasing some tickets to home supporters for the East (away) stand on Tuesday afternoon, presumably if Salford send any of their allocation back. While I'm gutted for myself that I am struggling to get tickets for the Salford game, I think it's great for the club that the Salford match has already sold out of its home allocation of tickets, 2 weeks before the game. Cant remember a Saints game ever selling out so quickly, could be wrong tho...

Windle Lad
22nd January 2012, 20:22
All that's left are the odd one or two (not together) in the North and South stands.

Does this include unallocated seating as well?

The Cake
22nd January 2012, 20:26
The stewards need to ensure that everyone in the West Stand has a West Stand ticket, not just walked around from other stands as they have a seat but want to stand up.....looked congested on Friday to me...

58er
22nd January 2012, 20:27

Lex
22nd January 2012, 20:29
Saints were very clever in picking Salford for the 1st Home match. It ensures a full house, rather than maybe 10 to 11,000 in say July, with Salford having such a poor following, plus it is a game they should win. Also with this being the first SL game at the new stadium, perhaps the full house and 2 points are as important as each other.

rally
22nd January 2012, 20:32
Im sure tickets will go on sale for the east stand because I honestly can't see Salford bringing many.

Saintokell1974
22nd January 2012, 20:34
The stewards need to ensure that everyone in the West Stand has a West Stand ticket, not just walked around from other stands as they have a seat but want to stand up.....looked congested on Friday to me...

Definately been mentioned on here in the 'match' thread- stewards will get in gear next game but weren't as bothered for the friendly. Like the fact we can all mingle inside the concourse but they defo need to stop none stand ticket holders getting in wrong stand- surprised the safety people haven't spotted that unless they haven't released that info yet?

TW2 Saint
22nd January 2012, 20:35
yep, I tried yesterday to get tickets for the first game against Salford. All that's left are the odd one or two (not together) in the North and South stands. According to the lady in the ticket office, they may be releasing some tickets to home supporters for the East (away) stand on Tuesday afternoon, presumably if Salford send any of their allocation back. While I'm gutted for myself that I am struggling to get tickets for the Salford game, I think it's great for the club that the Salford match has already sold out of its home allocation of tickets, 2 weeks before the game. Cant remember a Saints game ever selling out so quickly, could be wrong tho...

Surely we are selling East terrace tickets now ? If not that means that we've sent 4000 tickets down the M62. Not a cat in hell's chance of them bringing half that number. It will have to get like football for the big games in that "away" allocations are agreed with Wigan and Wire for both games. For me, especially this season we should limit other away fans to 2k max and the other 2k should be made available in advance to Saints fans. Ohhh the joys of the new stadium !!!!

58er
22nd January 2012, 20:37

It cant. With unallocated seating how can they say the seats are not together

paulscnthorpe
22nd January 2012, 21:26
Surely we are selling East terrace tickets now ? If not that means that we've sent 4000 tickets down the M62. Not a cat in hell's chance of them bringing half that number. It will have to get like football for the big games in that "away" allocations are agreed with Wigan and Wire for both games. For me, especially this season we should limit other away fans to 2k max and the other 2k should be made available in advance to Saints fans. Ohhh the joys of the new stadium !!!!

I think it sets us up for a fall though. I reckon saints fans getting around 13k is about right

cement city saint
22nd January 2012, 21:35
Surely we are selling East terrace tickets now ? If not that means that we've sent 4000 tickets down the M62. Not a cat in hell's chance of them bringing half that number. It will have to get like football for the big games in that "away" allocations are agreed with Wigan and Wire for both games. For me, especially this season we should limit other away fans to 2k max and the other 2k should be made available in advance to Saints fans. Ohhh the joys of the new stadium !!!! An excellent point if away fans dont seem they are going to bring many fans and the demand from saints fans is high then open the away end up to home fans

David
22nd January 2012, 22:00
Allocated seating and the West terrace all sold out apart from a couple, but I've just found out that there are some unallocated seats still available! Just on the off chance I checked the online ticket system, and hey presto you can book them. Why i wasn't told that when i spoke to the ticket office I don't know, but anyway, panic over! Still a good effort to sell so many, so early though. Totally agree with those saying we should keep at least half of the East stand tickets back for home fans for certain games. Surely only a small handful of away teams will use the full 4000 or so?

Back Row Singer
22nd January 2012, 22:19
West terrace tickets are not on sale for the next 2 home games, can only mean they are sold out.

After Friday's packed stand (yes, I know it may not have been so packed where you were stood etc..) it seems the club aren't selling Salford/Catalan match tickets for the west terrace, they are just going to allow those who have bought season tickets to access it. Then assess the crowd distribution situation, making amendments if necessary.

A friend of mine, tried to purchase a season ticket for the west today, but was told that they were off sale for the time being and that they'd probably become available again after the salford game.

At least it shows the club are taking into account various scenarios/complaints, that came about from friday's game, and are retesting accordingly :)

Does anybody know how many season tickets we have sold for the west?
It holds just under 4k yes? So I'd guess we've sold in the region of 3.5k ST's?

The Surveyor
22nd January 2012, 22:47

That's fantastic news if true. Hope we can keep it going.

Glasgowsaint
22nd January 2012, 23:09
West terrace tickests defo did go on sale though. I bought 3 early last week. If they are not on sale now must be sold out

saintgeorge
23rd January 2012, 09:20
Should be an interesting March/April - can see some big attendances when we play Hull, Leeds, Widnes and Wigan!

OsborneSaint
23rd January 2012, 10:22
The west stand my well be sold out but i was thinking that more tickets would be released once the club had the safety certificate awarded. Because what if they were selling up to the 18,000 capacity but then didn't get the cert before the salford game?

A lot of refunds would be in place. I have had to get un-allocated south stand tickets.

MachineGunFunk
23rd January 2012, 13:42
I'd be amazed if we don't offer East Stand tickets to home fans on a match by match basis. Salford won't bring more than a few 100, maybe as many as Widnes did on Friday, so if there's demand for those extra tickets from Saints fans the club is turning down money not to make them available. I know for a fact that Wire let their fans go in the away end when the less well supported teams are in town, so it's not like we'd be doing anything special.

Talk some sense!
23rd January 2012, 14:14
A quick thought regarding tickets – the majority of big games I imagine will be sold out this season and we’ll have the multitude of posts looking for tickets. Is it worth a spare ticket sticky thread for people looking for tickets and people with spare tickets?

I’m potentially not able to make the Leeds home fixture on 24th March and my ticket in the West stand will be available for that – ideally I’ll let somebody make use of that (at face value) and a sticky thread would perhaps keep the place tidy

markrvr
23rd January 2012, 15:52
Saints were very clever in picking Salford for the 1st Home match. It ensures a full house, rather than maybe 10 to 11,000 in say July, with Salford having such a poor following, plus it is a game they should win. Also with this being the first SL game at the new stadium, perhaps the full house and 2 points are as important as each other.
I'm not sure the RL allow you to pick your own fixtures. Point still stands though.

BubbleSheep
23rd January 2012, 16:08
I'm not sure the RL allow you to pick your own fixtures. Point still stands though.
I'm sure Saints asked for Salford for the opener, can't find where I read it though.

markrvr
23rd January 2012, 17:34
I'm sure Saints asked for Salford for the opener, can't find where I read it though.
If that's the case then fair enough just seemed a bit strange.

The Great Tom Vol
23rd January 2012, 18:07
Hi
You are 100% correct. It was said on Radio Merseyside by our Chairman A. M.

The Great Tom Vol
23rd January 2012, 18:27
West terrace tickests defo did go on sale though. I bought 3 early last week. If they are not on sale now must be sold out
Hi
You are correct I bought 1 on Friday, but was unable to get another this morning.

Sausalito
23rd January 2012, 19:05
Are we saying the Salford game is a sell out 18,000, or is it just a sell out for Saints speccies, with the away end being partially filled??

E S Thetic
23rd January 2012, 19:14
Bought my (unallocated South East corner) ticket on Saturday. Raised the question about Salford not filling their east terrace area. Was told that the club would contact Salford and ask if their speckies (all 200 of 'em maybe) would be prepared to SIT in the unallocated section in the N E corner.
Was also told that if 'all parties were in agreement' the east (standing) terrace would then be made available to Saints' fans seeking tickets.
Was told they would know by Wednesday this week and further that I could also change my ticket (unallocated SE corner...are you still with me?) for a standing ticket if all parties were in agreement. I liked the sound of that, since I'd rather stand behind the posts than sit in the corner, but on reflection, it sounds a bit weird. Over to you John Wilkinson...

saint cross
23rd January 2012, 19:20
Saints didnt speifically ask for Salford but they did ask for a couple of lesser games to start our home fixtures for the new season, hence Salford and Catalans. I use the term lesser for Catalans as in number of away fans not ability

Div
24th January 2012, 10:15
Bought my (unallocated South East corner) ticket on Saturday. Raised the question about Salford not filling their east terrace area. Was told that the club would contact Salford and ask if their speckies (all 200 of 'em maybe) would be prepared to SIT in the unallocated section in the N E corner.
Was also told that if 'all parties were in agreement' the east (standing) terrace would then be made available to Saints' fans seeking tickets.
Was told they would know by Wednesday this week and further that I could also change my ticket (unallocated SE corner...are you still with me?) for a standing ticket if all parties were in agreement. I liked the sound of that, since I'd rather stand behind the posts than sit in the corner, but on reflection, it sounds a bit weird. Over to you John Wilkinson...

As far as I am aware we dont have segregation so there would be no reason why the east stand couldn't house Salford and Saints speccies. They do it at the HJ.

Darryl Powell in disguise
24th January 2012, 12:39
I was led to believe the capacity for the Salford game was set at 15,000 in order to fulfil the next safety standard requirement - hence us asking for a 'smaller' club fixture. Still strong sales nonetheless if that is true.

The Verminator
24th January 2012, 12:50
The sales are very strong so far, this is great news. A lot of our games should sell out themselves, especially with the Widnes game being an additional local match, but to be getting close to 15,000 for the Salford game which it looks like we will, is very promising indeed. Especially because the league's joke club won't be bringing hardly any fans.

Windle Lad
25th January 2012, 10:37
....to be getting close to 15,000 for the Salford game which it looks like we will, is very promising indeed.

Think Saints will be disappointed if they don't sell-out this game, all the comments suggest this is what they are looking at. If they achieve this it gives a clear indication of walk-up potential (not expected) on top of the 10k STs
Also only 3 tickets left in allocated seating, so hopefully a decision from the club over the next day or so with regards ticket availability for the east terrace - may well be the only place you will be able to get a ticket shortly.

Talk some sense!
25th January 2012, 10:53
Think Saints will be disappointed if they don't sell-out this game, all the comments suggest this is what they are looking at. If they achieve this it gives a clear indication of walk-up potential (not expected) on top of the 10k STs
Also only 3 tickets left in allocated seating, so hopefully a decision from the club over the next day or so with regards ticket availability for the east terrace - may well be the only place you will be able to get a ticket shortly.

If this is the case (East stand only) then the stewards will need to be on their game because you'll get plenty trying to get into the West stand having bought east stand tickets. The more I think about it the more it seems as though it could well be chaos.....i know it was mentioned on teh stadium thread about colour coded tickets and these being checked on entry but this can easily be circumvented.

Bassbones
25th January 2012, 11:05
Collected my tickets last night and can confirm from the ticket office that Salford have the East end of the North Stand in the unallocated area. The away end will be exclusively Saints. As we know the West is a total sell out and there is a VERY small amount of tickets left in the unallocated section of the South Stand (block next to the West Stand) and that is it. If you are looking to be there I would get your tickets sooner rather than later looks like this might actually sell out within the week.

FearTheVee
25th January 2012, 11:22
Collected my tickets last night and can confirm from the ticket office that Salford have the East end of the North Stand in the unallocated area. The away end will be exclusively Saints. As we know the West is a total sell out and there is a VERY small amount of tickets left in the unallocated section of the South Stand (block next to the West Stand) and that is it. If you are looking to be there I would get your tickets sooner rather than later looks like this might actually sell out within the week.

Sanity prevails, well done Saints.

Willb_17
25th January 2012, 12:11
saints are selling tickets for salford game for the east stand £18.50, just a heads up

HoofeHearted
25th January 2012, 12:31
saints are selling tickets for salford game for the east stand £18.50, just a heads up

Is that at the shop, or by phoning up?
I ask because they are not available online.

Willb_17
25th January 2012, 14:29
I phoned them.

Windle Lad
25th January 2012, 14:53
Is that at the shop, or by phoning up?
I ask because they are not available online.

Now available on-line

TW2 Saint
25th January 2012, 19:18
I was led to believe the capacity for the Salford game was set at 15,000 in order to fulfil the next safety standard requirement - hence us asking for a 'smaller' club fixture. Still strong sales nonetheless if that is true.

Yet another rumour - I hate the posts beginning "I've heard" "apparently....." and "overheard a bloke who was walking his dog outside the Crispy Cod say......" - Where has this 15k capacity come from ? We need one game at 60% to get the relevant certificate. When the Millenium Stadium opened they had the same thing - and played Canada to satisfy it. We should sell out this game to the full 18k capacity. I think that Saints have inadvertently contributed to the confusion here by identifying the East Stand as the "away" end and people have jumped on this literally. Apart from Wigan and Wire no one else will come close to selling this out and it will become like the Eddington End - a mixture of home and away fans. If its exclusively away fans then we will only sell out 2 games and the lost revenue will be significant - it won't happen.

Darryl Powell in disguise
25th January 2012, 22:52
Yet another rumour - I hate the posts beginning "I've heard" "apparently....." and "overheard a bloke who was walking his dog outside the Crispy Cod say......" - Where has this 15k capacity come from ? We need one game at 60% to get the relevant certificate. When the Millenium Stadium opened they had the same thing - and played Canada to satisfy it. We should sell out this game to the full 18k capacity. I think that Saints have inadvertently contributed to the confusion here by identifying the East Stand as the "away" end and people have jumped on this literally. Apart from Wigan and Wire no one else will come close to selling this out and it will become like the Eddington End - a mixture of home and away fans. If its exclusively away fans then we will only sell out 2 games and the lost revenue will be significant - it won't happen.

It came from my father in law who finished work on the stadium last week. If that's ok with you.

RedVee Admin
26th January 2012, 02:28
A quick thought regarding tickets – the majority of big games I imagine will be sold out this season and we’ll have the multitude of posts looking for tickets. Is it worth a spare ticket sticky thread for people looking for tickets and people with spare tickets?

I’m potentially not able to make the Leeds home fixture on 24th March and my ticket in the West stand will be available for that – ideally I’ll let somebody make use of that (at face value) and a sticky thread would perhaps keep the place tidy

We have a tickets FORUM

Away Days, Travel Info & Tickets (http://www.redvee.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?9-Away-Days-Travel-Info-amp-Tickets)

TW2 Saint
26th January 2012, 07:41
It came from my father in law who finished work on the stadium last week. If that's ok with you.

So it's a rumour then, unless of course he speaks from a position of authority at the club - i'm glad we can agree on that one.

Talk some sense!
26th January 2012, 10:19
We have a tickets FORUM

Away Days, Travel Info & Tickets (http://www.redvee.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?9-Away-Days-Travel-Info-amp-Tickets)

Correct, my observational skills aren't what they once where! If it's not the top or next to bottom forum then I don't know about it!

Still though we do get a lot of ticket requests etc in the main and idiots like myself will perhaps not even think to look!

RedVee Admin
26th January 2012, 11:34
Maybe I should send an email to everyone?

Or move the ticketing forum to the top!

Talk some sense!
26th January 2012, 12:14
Maybe I should send an email to everyone?

Or move the ticketing forum to the top!

To be honest it might just be me being a pleb and not noticing the other forum!

Glasgowsaint
26th January 2012, 12:38
I ordered 3 tickets last week for the West terrace and received them. Today I received a letter from the club saying that the capacity for the west terrace has been cut and only season ticket holders are to be let into the west terrace. They sent me 3 replacement tickets for the east terrace and deactivated my original west terrace tickets

What a debacle !!!!!!

Talk some sense!
26th January 2012, 13:02
I ordered 3 tickets last week for the West terrace and received them. Today I received a letter from the club saying that the capacity for the west terrace has been cut and only season ticket holders are to be let into the west terrace. They sent me 3 replacement tickets for the east terrace and deactivated my original west terrace tickets

What a debacle !!!!!!

I don't think it's a debacle at all to be honest.

It's more the club playing it safe and if they can now utilise the east stand then it makes sense to put non season ticket holders in there. I'd prefer the club did this than run the risk of having over crowding issues in front of the sky cameras in Feb!

Jamie's Boots
26th January 2012, 13:56
What a debacle !!!!!!
It wouldn't have happened had some Saints fans had stayed in their original stand instead of over-filling one end of the West Stand. It's a real shame some fans did that because it threatens to spoil everything if the Council cannot be convinced that Saints have resolved the problem.

Windle Lad
26th January 2012, 15:32
.... only season ticket holders are to be let into the west terrace.

Anybody any idea what this number is and therefore what the capacity is reduced to? Presumably this will then be the number of East terrace tickests available.

TW2 Saint
26th January 2012, 17:21
If we work on the split that each stand holds 5k and the. 2 terraces 4k each then it's fair to assume that we've probably reduced the 2 terraces by 500 each therefore making it 17k. The stand capacity won't be reduced because you can't overcrowd a stand. An approx 10% reduction at both ends should be more than sufficient. It's a shame that the west terrace was overcrowded and has resulted in this because minimal stewarding, checking ticlets and moving people along when a section became full d have avoided this. Best bet is to say no transfers (at least for big games) - but we don't want the overcrowding that marred the opening of the HJ when the crowd were more or less on the touch line. Again the deafening silence from the club on the website is not good. Apologies to Darryl Powell as well - a rumour that has come to fruition for once.

stoneislander
26th January 2012, 17:53
so what would have hapened if the west terrace was completely sold out with season tickets , would it be a case of first come first served ......recipe for chaos !

RedVee Admin
27th January 2012, 14:24
It wouldn't have happened had some Saints fans had stayed in their original stand instead of over-filling one end of the West Stand. It's a real shame some fans did that because it threatens to spoil everything if the Council cannot be convinced that Saints have resolved the problem.

HEAR HEAR

And one revered poster on these forums, not mentioning any *cough DD cough* names, admitted doing it too. I should ban him on principle.

RedVee Admin
27th January 2012, 14:30
The real fault with the West Stand is the number of people per square metre ratio thing. The LP planners accounted for the usual amount and over estimated.

If you all remember, Warrington cut the capacity of their West Stand for Saints games, after our first visit there: "St Helens fans take up more space than other fans" was the excuse given by Warrington.

And now the truth has come home - Saints fans are fat gits.

Jamie's Boots
27th January 2012, 14:36
lol!!

Bassbones
27th January 2012, 16:02

I resemble that remark!!! :D:D

Herman
28th January 2012, 00:21
I am not fat im just big boned.

The Great Tom Vol
28th January 2012, 11:48
Hi
I phoned the ticket office on friday afternoon & was told to bring my West Terrace ticket the following day to exchange it for an East Terrace. I arrived this morning & was told that the person who was dealing with this problem had not come into work today & the young girls in the ticket office could not do it for me so I will have to go again on monday. Come on Saint's this is just not good enough it's like being in the Dark Ages not the 21st Century.

TW2 Saint
28th January 2012, 13:23
Oh dear - that is bollocks and I would be fuming if I had to put up with that crap.

I am taking a mate (who is a season ticket holder) to the Salford game in the corporate hospitality lounge with us. When we called to enquire if we could upgrade him for the day the response was the none too predictable "I'll have to ring you back, I don't think we've thought of that scenario". I tell thee it were much simpler in the days when I paid me 10 bob and could stand were I wanted :-).